Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally moved mine away from the tv and added it to my now very full heroes of Helms Deep shelf.
View attachment 560955

I’ve got the first luxury Legolas posed atop that cave troll head using his bow and arrows so figured I’d make use of the daggers this time.
View attachment 560956
Seeing as we can’t have him surfing down the stairs on an Uruk shield, I’ve opted to display him charging back up the stairs to clear the wall.View attachment 560957

And here’s Haldir and a Galadhrim elf just to rile up @RandomHero
View attachment 560958
Great display, Chopper!! This is awesome, you have a really nice setup!

This just hammers home the need for a nice Asmus Haldir and Galadhrim figure to go with the rest of our heroes from Helm's Deep. I am salivating at Haldir in this display! Although now I feel like I want a Gamling too...more Rohan soldiers to protect the King!

The new Legolas is a great work by Asmus. The Rohan armor looks very good, but, on my figure, I found the tunic was waaaay to long, so I had to cut it. IMHO the white knives were better with the previous Legolas. And I find the likeness was better on the first release, nonetheless it's still a great figure.
Thanks Asmus !
:)

Attachments

• IMG_5829.JPG
    IMG_5829.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_5830.JPG
    IMG_5830.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5831.JPG
    IMG_5831.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5832.JPG
    IMG_5832.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 109
The new Legolas is a great work by Asmus. The Rohan armor looks very good, but, on my figure, I found the tunic was waaaay to long, so I had to cut it. IMHO the white knives were better with the previous Legolas. And I find the likeness was better on the first release, nonetheless it's still a great figure.
Thanks Asmus !
I had watched TTT over the weekend and I was wondering if it was just me who noticed this or anyone else. He looks like a great figure in any case.

Thanks Asmus !
Is it worth the upgrade? I have the first one and struggling with the decision if I should buy the new one or not

Is it worth the upgrade? I have the first one and struggling with the decision if I should buy the new one or not

I’m struggling with this too. I don’t mind the molded hair on the Hobbit Deluxe version for Legolas. I’m ambivalent about the combination of molded and rooted hair for the Helm’s Deep figure. (The molded mane of hair on the shoulders is no worse the HT JL Aquaman and I love that figure.) And best I can see Hobbit Deluxe‘s likeness is actually better than Helm’s Deep version. If I didn’t already own Hobbit Deluxe or wasn’t very pleased with it (I am) then I’d be all over the Helm’s Deep version. But I think this likeness is spot on:

636BE3C6-710C-4B56-87D4-BE5096D40993.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd say the outfit is a lot less puffy than the first version too. The belts and bracers are new and much better. Sculpt is probably better on the first but the hair on the new version is much better than the clunky helmet of the original (if you don't mind the half and half approach).

I'd say the outfit is a lot less puffy than the first version too. The belts and bracers are new and much better. Sculpt is probably better on the first but the hair on the new version is much better than the clunky helmet of the original (if you don't mind the half and half approach).
That’s a good breakdown of the figure. Even though I have the first and completely happy with it. That deluxe base is really beautiful

Obviously if you really want the Helm's deep armor, it's worth the upgrade. I find the first sculpt is better, but the plastic hair don't make it look so good, when the second sculpt is less good but the hair is way better. With my figures it's easy to prefer the first head because I had the hair remade, but if you look at the heads out of the box I think I would go with the second one.
Anyway the Helm's deep outfit make it looks so cool that it's worth the upgrade just for that ! :)

i have the old sideshow legolas and aragorn, wondering if i can find one of these sculpts for legolas. they’re really good.

Definitely dude. I got gundalf on pre order and found a Gimili for 300 that will be here by Friday. Just suck i found out about theses figures so late that most of them are so hard to get.
Gundalf?

Attachments

• 7B6C457F-CE8A-4C81-A0CB-A3A0B5C8CF6C.jpeg
    7B6C457F-CE8A-4C81-A0CB-A3A0B5C8CF6C.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 17
Back