Asmus Toys: Elrond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine finally arrived ! Looks awesome.
I see what everyone is saying about hadhafang being undersized slightly.

Does anyone think Asmus will somehow release the right sized version?

Mine finally arrived ! Looks awesome.
I see what everyone is saying about hadhafang being undersized slightly.

Does anyone think Asmus will somehow release the right sized version?
If enough people complain about it they might [emoji1787] I remember the sword sizing issue was brought up upon the announcement they were making him but they didn't fix it sadly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Great figure. VERY nice sculpt, beautiful outfit. Yes it may be improved (bigger sword, bigger cape, better neck joint) but I can't stop looking at him. Now I want a couple of elven infantry! And Gil Galad! Please Asmus!
6f3760a9059c97916e8208662f079af1.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-A505FN utilizzando Tapatalk

how you guys get the spear part to his stick on properly? it seems too heavy and seems to lean which causes to look weird

Just recieved my Elrond directly from Asmus. Such a beautiful figure and it's so much better in person. That said, the sword and sheath are not fit for purpose. The molding of the diecast is too thick at the end so it won't fit into the sheath without splitting the plastic as you can see in the second photo.

I know a few people have mentioned this already but it's worth having a visual of it as I assume the majority of the figures will have this same issue.

I'm certain the the sword and sheath that came with Arwen did not have this problem (they are from the same mold) and it was definitely sharp and pointy at the end.
d575dae88518e9e61dca4de827b41ea5.jpg
e67d7bf855797e7e7415f910e8c2f354.jpg

Thinking about ordering him too :p Ahhhh, ncie figure, but there are so many good LotR chars out there...if space wouldn't be an issue mmhh

Just about finishing the Fellowship right now...(Still missing Legolas and two bobbits)

Sheepishly I will admit that this tho has been sitting for a couple months or whatever until I had time and desire to customize it and my plan was to take an inigo agent smith it hit toys head and mod it.

Today I got around to taking the head out and I?m still trying to pick my jaw up off of the floor. I don?t understand why I wasn?t aware about how amazing the head is the sculpt is but far the best weaving we have ever seen. Great paint too. A bit of paint enhancements to tweak the likeness even a bit more (already great) and hair replacement the bottom for sure, the top I?m still undecided about but this thing is a home run I think asmus has a chance to be a serious contender among the best. Happy to see this line come so far. Asmus keep improving on the main characters even if you have already released them. You keep getting better and better

Thanks man! I stuffed the neck a bit wirh gauze to minimize that nasty gap. Did help a bit.

Paint tweaks focused mostly on bringing out likeness with the correct treatment on the lips and eyebrow shape

Stunning job! That hair looks outstanding.

Back