Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20220117_132332.jpg
i crafted my Galadriel crown out of floral wire but that 3d print looks good

Hi,
I'm sorry to be a pain, I usually keep my enquires about purchases to the official channels but I have yet to receive a response and its been months.
I am still awaiting my Galadriel figure, which I have paid for in full (ordered 3rd June 2020, paid balance 9th June 2021).
I have since received a few deliveries from Asmus, so it can't be that shipping to the UK hasn't yet resumed.
Can I please have some sort of response/reassurance on this issue?
Hi Asmus, I am still awaiting Vivian and the Asmus team to help me with this issue.
Though I have been contacted and we have agreed to a solution, still no actual steps have been taken to address this issue.
Can someone PLEASE just send the figure? I have been incredibly patient and I have offered to pay the shipping and it still hasn't gotten me anywhere.
I'm at the point of cancelling to be honest if something isn't done about my order this week.
I am recieving my other orders from Asmus fine, but when it comes to this order I am getting nowhere.
I would like either confirmation that my order has been shipped OR that my order is being refunded in full by this time next week.
Forgive the tone, but its been 8 months since i paid my order balance in FULL and I still haven't received what I paid for.

Hi Asmus, I am still awaiting Vivian and the Asmus team to help me with this issue.
Though I have been contacted and we have agreed to a solution, still no actual steps have been taken to address this issue.
Can someone PLEASE just send the figure? I have been incredibly patient and I have offered to pay the shipping and it still hasn't gotten me anywhere.
I'm at the point of cancelling to be honest if something isn't done about my order this week.
I am recieving my other orders from Asmus fine, but when it comes to this order I am getting nowhere.
I would like either confirmation that my order has been shipped OR that my order is being refunded in full by this time next week.
Forgive the tone, but its been 8 months since i paid my order balance in FULL and I still haven't received what I paid for.
@Asmus, you need to fix this.

8 months, that is absurd!

What is everyone doing with the hooded robe? I thought that would be a good way to hide the neck scratches. Mine definitely needs to be ironed, but I like the contrast with the white robe against the lace; I just haven't found a decent pose that works with the figure

BTW, I want a 3D printed crown too!

I have now received my Galadriel. I made her a 3d printed crown :galadriel My costume galadriel is now a normal elven woman 😅

rIRS2ZR.jpg

As long as they offer a sculpted hair version of every figure I will support the line. I stopped buying the Asmus figures once they started doing doll hair.

Your crown is fantastic! If you ever sell them, please let me know I'd love one too!

Great photo.

This is actually one of my favorite figures in the line. Relatively simple (and not without a few nits), but the likeness is terrific. Beyond just looking like Kate Blanchet, it just "feels" like Galadriel. I'm not sure what that means on a technical level, but to my eye they've really captured something about the character as well as the actor.

Great photo. I do love Galadriel.

I don't want to sound negative but one of the things that I don't like about her is the plastic belt. It just looks so cheap and playline doll and it is jarring on that lovely dress. Did they run out of budget or something?

Also the lack of a crown is a bummer even though I realize they explain that. I guess they probably would have done some kind of plastic thing for the crown too- but it would have been better than nothing. I've looked everywhere (shapeways, Aliexpress, jewelry) and there isn't really a good replacement for a doll this scale... it's what keeps me from getting her, even now.

Great photo. I do love Galadriel.

I don't want to sound negative but one of the things that I don't like about her is the plastic belt. It just looks so cheap and playline doll and it is jarring on that lovely dress. Did they run out of budget or something?

Also the lack of a crown is a bummer even though I realize they explain that. I guess they probably would have done some kind of plastic thing for the crown too- but it would have been better than nothing. I've looked everywhere (shapeways, Aliexpress, jewelry) and there isn't really a good replacement for a doll this scale... it's what keeps me from getting her, even now.
The belt should really be more off white than yellow. More like Gandalf the White, which makes sense since he got his clothes and staff from Lothlorien. I’m thinking could add a wash maybe to make it look closer.
77C4A5E7-A118-4C8D-9F92-16480F179EC3.jpeg
0D8A890C-B434-4FE3-93BE-9663D3E59CD8.jpeg
DD17F7AC-857D-489B-8596-138088F5E6DB.jpeg

Err, how did you guys get the Cloak for Galadriel? Mine didn't come with one, was this added to only some of them?

Err, how did you guys get the Cloak for Galadriel? Mine didn't come with one, was this added to only some of them?
Not sure without looking, ( Mine is all boxed up and packed away at the moment ) but have you checked under the foam in the box that has her mirror. I might be wrong due it's yonks that I opened the boxes, but I think the cloak was there. Hope you find it there. :wave

Ah well, that would explain it. I bought from TNS for $30 less and free shipping- but she didn't come with the mirror. I should have just ordered from Asmus (but kept reading people were having issues getting their stuff shipped). I actually didn't see the cloak listed in what was included on the Asmus or the other site.

Oh well, no big loss. I still like her and maybe I wouldn't have used the cloak anyway. Hopefully I can find her a new body though, the head doesn't match her neck very well- I'm also seeing there is a big weird gouge in her neck. What a bummer.

Last edited:
I recently bought this cheap ring from AliExpress (after looking at countless). It took about three weeks to arrive- but it doesn't look too bad as a substitute crown. I don't have tools with me at work- but I think the fit will improve with some bending. It is an "open" style. I got another one too that may be better, but it is not open, so I need to fiddle with it first (bend it a bit more to fit her weird shaped head).

Alas, the color doesn't really match the symbol on her dress, and possibly makes it look cheap/more plastic... but maybe I can find a substitute for that too. Some Chinese seller might have made a button or earring or something...
Link to the thorn ring, if you are interested:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2255800593592273.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.4adc1802F1NOB7

One or the other of these might be better, with some tweaking. I'll report back, I bought one of them.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2255800771970835.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.4adc1802F1NOB7
I feel like there must be some cheap ring out there that is more perfect, but haven't found it yet.

Last edited:
Back