Asmus Toys: Elrond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you guys

I do agree I wanted to pay my kudos fo asmus. I already mentioned that this head sculpt is not only leaps and bounds above the prototype as asmus seems to have been consistently delivering upon lately it's the best Weaving we have ever seen by a long long mile.

The rest of the fifure is great. They should have made the armor less bulky. I cut a chunk out of the back of the torso armor and glued it together. It looks ok still even though the cape thingy covers it anyways. This got him looking less bulky.

If I were less lazy I?d replace the giant hands also. Weathering the boots would also help but I?m happy enough. He?s a great character but not one I?m going to obsess about. Happy to have him in the collection.

The flag is great too.

Asmus is the most improved 1/6 company of say. They are my ?ones to watch? really happy they turned this line around.

Super excited to see Galadriel , Gandalf the white and the new aragorn.

I?ll be working on all five million hobbits at one point. Probably next will repaint / paint tweak and rehair them all I think. I don?t care about perfecting anyone other than Frodo but if I do him I gotta do the rest to match. Then I?ll be done with LOTR until the three I mentioned above come out.

thank you guys! I actually enjoyed the hair on this one. braids are tough but happy it worked out, much better than the stock, still trying to se if I should attempt Arwyen her hair is so much more complicated.

Anyone know if Sideshow is shipping this yet? I did not preorder...

how is this guy overall? I plan on picking him up but I only see 1 review on youtube so far. Is the hair ok or he combo of sculpted and rooted weird, he also looks like he has a bib and looks pretty light on accessories.

I just started my Asmus LOTR Collection and this was my second figure from the line. I have a very large 1/6 collection outside of LOTR figures just for context including Asmus? entire Hateful 8 line. Just got Elrond in last week. I was amazed by the quality. He looked great to me in the same YouTube video that you probably saw but in hand the figure is far more stunning than that video and pictures suggest. The headsculpt is phenomenal. I used to be deep in the MCU line but have since parted ways with those figures but I always loved the Red Skull figure. The difference between this head sculpt and the Skull?s sculpt is remarkable. This one blows the Hot Toys sculpt (granted it is much older) out of the water. The armor looks great and gives the figure really amazing shelf presence. The mixed media hair is exceptionally well done and is very effective. All around this is a very impressive figure and convinced me to go from my original plan to simply represent my love of LOTR with just Saruman and Elrond and actually go deeper into the line instead.

thank you for the insight, I might. Iv'e been deep into LOTR for years now especially asmus. I want to add him but is a little hesitant due to the lack of pics/videos but then again I'll just jump on the gun and order it. Thank you.

thank you for the insight, I might. Iv'e been deep into LOTR for years now especially asmus. I want to add him but is a little hesitant due to the lack of pics/videos but then again I'll just jump on the gun and order it. Thank you.

Pls do a video review when you decide to get him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to return the favor! As I have been building my shopping list to invest in this line your YouTube videos have been my most useful tool! So thanks for that!

Happy to return the favor! As I have been building my shopping list to invest in this line your YouTube videos have been my most useful tool! So thanks for that!

Thank you! I am glad at least someone watches my videos lol.

I would have preferred a council version, but this looks good. How does the it look without the chain mail around the neck? I’ll probably get it rehaired.

Last edited:
Back