Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in a hunt for that ring too. But for now I am liking it
for forum.jpg

I finally found a perfect crown for Galadriel. Unfortunately, it was not on AliExpress. I suspect it is from China, but I found it on Etsy, with the expected upcharge. It's pretty dang near perfect though...
galadriel by Galacticatt, on Flickr

I still need to mess with it a bit more- since her head is more of an oblong shape than round... just don't want to break it, haha

crown for galadriel by Galacticatt, on Flickr

Here's a closeup
Untitled by Galacticatt, on Flickr

It is a little thick, but unless someone makes something custom made for this head in 1/6 scale and is willing to share the file for 3d printing, I think this is as close as I'll get.

One issue I see is that the lovely silver of the ring makes Galadriel's other plastic detailing look a lot more plastic.... but I'll deal with that next.

Here's a reference pic
PRP%20HB%201362.jpg

Last edited:
For all I know this crown that showed up on E-bay is some sort of plastic reprint of the ring on Etsy - dunno. But anyway this plastic version showed up, also the Hobbit crown.
Cons:
1) This is the MOST FRAGILE accessory I have ever seen. The seller did an excellent job - packed in a nice tin (the seller is from China - ModelToysBox - search under "elf crown") but this thing is so delicate if it's a 3D print, it's miraculous. It's unfortunate a less brittle plastic wasn't used, but maybe that wouldn't hold the details. Even the little pearls inside the flowers are there. If you breathe the wrong way this would break.

2) It's painted in "hematite" a sort of blackened silver - shiny, but not SILVER. Odd choice IMO. So needs repainting preferably with an airbrush.

3) Bein' in the U.S. it took about a month to get here.

On the other hand, it LOOKS really cool and is definitely to-scale. I have to be in the mood to think about repainting. Sure, it's cheaper than a true silver ring (~16-17$) and does open in the back, but it is SO delicate. I'm happy enough and willing to tinker, but if the figure falls over this crown would be shattered. But it's so ELVISH! Figured I'd post, in case others were interested.

Crown1.jpg

crown2.jpg

Crown3.jpg

This is such a pretty fig, still very happy with her:love

Back