Asmus Toys: Elrond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although certainly not official, Sideshow's Sauron diorama piece does show a gigantic Sauron fighting men and elves.

View attachment 477342

Scales out about the same as the statue and Asmus figure posted above.

In return of the king movie, at the battle of the black gate. Aragorn originally fights Sauron, there?s videos of it somewhere... later it was taken out and replaced with that troll.

In that fight however, sauron is tall but no where near the scale difference of that weta/ss statue.

Lotr fandom site has the movie height as 9 feet 2.1 inches and that sounds about right. Also matches the Tolkien?s description as well of him being large but not double a human.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boom. Found it.

3a56e2925cbb0ac76f7f462c499b5fed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could probably modify a standard 18-inch body (1/4 scale) as a base for a Sauron figure. Some ankle extenders and that tall, spiky helmet would probably get close enough.

I'd love to see him with his mace, of course, but I'd also love it if they included his sword. We never see it in the movie, but they made him one. He apparently has it in that abandoned Aragorn fight sequence in ROTK. Back in the early 2000s when the costume and prop exhibit was traveling the world, The Missus and I checked it out in Boston. They had the screen used Sauron Armor there including the sword. I can't seem to find any photos of it, but it's very much in the same style as his armor.

Exclusive Elrond just arrived in Sydney.
HOPING he arrives to my place tomoz,otherwise definitely Monday.
This will be my 2nd Asmus figure after the spectacular Eomer.
Really regret cancelling Arwen now.

Ever since it came out back in the early 2000's, I was always under the impression that the SS/Weta Sauron was 1/6th scale.

I would love to see a comparison between this helm and the one that came with Weta's Isildur statue. That would pretty much answer the question of scale.
I have both and they are practically identical apart from the Weta one having a per trading block where the magnet sits.
I think the scale is actually pretty accurate just from a glance to portray the dog free fence between 6 and 9 feet. Sauron is already perched on a pretty tall base which would relatively equate to at least 1 foot and then his helmet is absolutely enormous and the spikes will create the illusion of him being even taller than he already is. Place Elrond?s feet on the same level as Sauron and then see how it looks.

Thanks, Chopper Face. I think that pretty much settles it.

Bilbo Skywalker, I think we can only go by Peter Jackson's renditions and not the source material from Tolkien, as Jackson had made quiet a number of changes from Tolkien's written works.

In the Prologue scenes in FotR, Sauron towers over the men and elves. You can see them looking up at him and in the following clip, he looks close to double their size, to me, as he swats them away with his mace: https://youtu.be/BhjDnrw34QA?t=193

He could be shorter but the size difference is definitely significant.

Seems like Sauron himself is a little over nine feet tall and the helm adds another foot or so of spikes. As long as a figure is close to that proportion, I'll be just fine with it.

In other news, I dig this Elrond very much. I've had him temporarily on display in the living room for the past week (as I often do with new figures before they take their place in the collection room) and I like him even more than I did right out of the box. (Which was a lot!)

I particularly like the fabric they're using for the chain mail. Clever solution and looks great at that scale.

Excellent work, Asmus! Another great effort!

I forgot to add that I received Elrond today and after a quick look, he looks amazing.

All around fantastic job by Asmus.

So no one has had any issues with getting the Hadhafang sword in the scabbard?

It?s so strange maybe mine is defective.

A beautiful figure indeed, I am very glad to have it. But I did have the same issue with the sword not fitting the scabbard: its point is simply too wide and it breaks the wide of it. It seems like a production problem. I wrote them and I just hope to get a replacement. This good input/customer service is what makes the different between Asmus and other companies to date.

Yeah customs sux. They held a statue i bought for 10 days, opened it, and then packed it back upside down. Very lucky it did'nt break!

While I love this figure in my collection, I feel that there are some proportions issues with the size of the hands and the scale of Hadhafang. It looks too thin and short. Even compared to box art, the sword etched Tengwar begins close to Elrond’s face but in the same position on the released figure, it sits much lower. Compare to these reference shots.36A75C8F-6E17-4198-9D0F-C3811F9E52F6.jpeg

Back