Asmus Toys: Elrond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I love this figure in my collection, I feel that there are some proportions issues with the size of the hands and the scale of Hadhafang. It looks too thin and short. Even compared to box art, the sword etched Tengwar begins close to Elrond?s face but in the same position on the released figure, it sits much lower. Compare to these reference shots.View attachment 477772
Yeah the sword is definitely slightly too small. It was undersized for Arwen but it is way more noticeable with Elrond. Also, Asmus has been using the same gloves hands all the way back to the first Mouth of Sauron figure...definitely time to make the hands more specific to each character at this point like, extra tooling or not.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Stunning photos! He looks alive.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

so how do you get the sword in the shealth? feels like i have to jam it in

Mine will not do it either. I suspect that this is a production problem, I am still waiting for Asmus' response. I guess they will fix it soon, in ASMUS I trust. This is the lotto of first batches indeed...

so i got a reply from Asmus and they said that to push the sword in and it should be fine. If any damage to sword/shealth than to message them

Checked the sword/scabbard on mine and it fit fine. I did notice that the upper quarter-inch part of the scabbard splits to allow the sword to slide in easier.

It appears to be designed that way.

Checked the sword/scabbard on mine and it fit fine. I did notice that the upper quarter-inch part of the scabbard splits to allow the sword to slide in easier.

It appears to be designed that way.

I think the actual scabbard designed for the film has that same split. It's a problem with scabbards for curved or flared blades. The one for Orcrist is the same way.

any pictures of poses? Looking for some ideas for a pose with both flag and sword same time.

Back