Asmus Toys - 1/6 Arwen 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh... Seinfeld's Soup Nazi with a twist.

5qbfb0.jpg

Great pics, Stryker!

Mine is still in her... box... until I can find a complete Detolf shelf for her.
The struggle is real. I still have Gothmog, Deluxe 501st and Rey and D-0 sealed because I have no idea where to display them. 😵‍💫

Thanks for the kind words, All. Most of the credit has to go to Asmus for improving the likeness and making a gorgeous figure overall. It's hard to get her to sit in that position, and the dress hides the positioning of the legs (which is "proper English lady"), but there's isn't much that can be done about that. I think the fabric of the dress is what hinders the bend, but it's doable. I think if I work at it a bit more I could get her to sit up even more to the point where she may be able to look like she's somewhat slouching forward (not sure).

The struggle is real. I still have Gothmog, Deluxe 501st and Rey and D-0 sealed because I have no idea where to display them. 😵‍💫
I easily have close to 2 dozen figures still in their boxes because I don't have the display space... :monkey2

Thanks for the kind words, All. Most of the credit has to go to Asmus for improving the likeness and making a gorgeous figure overall. It's hard to get her to sit in that position, and the dress hides the positioning of the legs (which is "proper English lady"), but there's isn't much that can be done about that. I think the fabric of the dress is what hinders the bend, but it's doable. I think if I work at it a bit more I could get her to sit up even more to the point where she may be able to look like she's somewhat slouching forward (not sure).
I hadn't even thought of the positioning of the figure sitting down. I assumed it could easily be done. I hope she can bent just a bit more than in your great pics. If not, I may have her standing in front of the chaise, which would defeat the purpose of getting the deluxe, in the first place, as I wanted to recreate that exact scene from the film.

I easily have close to 2 dozen figures still in their boxes because I don't have the display space... :monkey2

I hadn't even thought of the positioning of the figure sitting down. I assumed it could easily be done. I hope she can bent just a bit more than in your great pics. If not, I may have her standing in front of the chaise, which would defeat the purpose of getting the deluxe, in the first place, as I wanted to recreate that exact scene from the film.
It’s interesting how the set really makes you want to recreate that scene despite it being one of my least favorite scenes when it first released in theaters. Now, looking back I appreciate more the vulnerability and the relationship between Elrond and Arwen rather than fixating on the lore complications or the questionable execution. I only saw ROTK twice in theaters despite watching FOTR 11 times and TTT four times. As a teen I just hated the exclusion of the Grey Company (especially Elladan and Elrohir), Prince Imrahil of Dol Amroth and the Battle Under the Trees and no dialogue for Cirdan.

It’s interesting how the set really makes you want to recreate that scene despite it being one of my least favorite scenes when it first released in theaters. Now, looking back I appreciate more the vulnerability and the relationship between Elrond and Arwen rather than fixating on the lore complications or the questionable execution. I only saw ROTK twice in theaters despite watching FOTR 11 times and TTT four times. As a teen I just hated the exclusion of the Grey Company (especially Elladan and Elrohir), Prince Imrahil of Dol Amroth and the Battle Under the Trees and no dialogue for Cirdan.
I agree 100%. The book really shows the urgency or "world war" aspect of the War of the Ring, where Lothlorien burns and free peoples battling Sauron's armies across most of Middle Earth. Characters like Prince Imrahil, for example, could have easily have been added, even if just as an ally prince riding to Gondor's aid. In the book, his character is quite important.

Been re-watching the trilogy....IMO aesthetically Jackson did beautifully with Arwen/Aragorn/Elrond.

I hafta separate the characters/movie from the figures tho. Never appreciated the weight Jackson gave to Arwen...or his treatment of Faramir:mad:, Denethor, and some other characters. But then, there's also sheer brilliance.

I agree 100%. The book really shows the urgency or "world war" aspect of the War of the Ring, where Lothlorien burns and free peoples battling Sauron's armies across most of Middle Earth. Characters like Prince Imrahil, for example, could have easily have been added, even if just as an ally prince riding to Gondor's aid. In the book, his character is quite important.

IMO Jackson and his collaborators seem to put emphasis on the relationship aspect, which isn't IMO inherently bad; but for me Faramir and Eoywn are a heck of a lot more interesting, and he pretty much neglected those two; then he decides to do the elf/dwarf romance in the Hobbit which was completely un-needed - well, some folks like it. But I would have rather had an older Tauriel on the battlefield, and less Arwen and, like, Glorfindel.

I remember waiting to see the white horse and a beautiful elf and the tinkling harness bells from the FOTR book, as Glorfindel comes down the road. But, nope:(. Sometimes I think I'd like to see someone reboot all of it. Then I think about all the horrible things a directors can do:eek:, which could be so much worse than Jackson's aesthetic. There's already muttering about Amazon's Middle Earth going woke.

Also IMO from the angular dwarf patterns and rich costumes to the elegant dwarves to the cozy hobbits, to the orcs and goblins, WETA has done a phenomenal job with design. I'm afraid of what some other director would come up with, and would also cheap out with a lot of CGI and weird looks. Think I luv just about every environment WETA came up with.

But with the upcoming Amazon series, keeping an open mind. Amazon has paid too much money to mess it up - 5 seasons worth, last I read. LOL just think about how much our figs will increase in value with the hype over the series. :D :monkey3

Last edited:
Been re-watching the trilogy....IMO aesthetically Jackson did beautifully with Arwen/Aragorn/Elrond.

I hafta separate the characters/movie from the figures tho. Never appreciated the weight Jackson gave to Arwen...or his treatment of Faramir:mad:, Denethor, and some other characters. But then, there's also sheer brilliance.

IMO Jackson and his collaborators seem to put emphasis on the relationship aspect, which isn't IMO inherently bad; but for me Faramir and Eoywn are a heck of a lot more interesting, and he pretty much neglected those two; then he decides to do the elf/dwarf romance in the Hobbit which was completely un-needed - well, some folks like it. But I would have rather had an older Tauriel on the battlefield, and less Arwen and, like, Glorfindel.

I remember waiting to see the white horse and a beautiful elf and the tinkling harness bells from the FOTR book, as Glorfindel comes down the road. But, nope:(. Sometimes I think I'd like to see someone reboot all of it. Then I think about all the horrible things a directors can do:eek:, which could be so much worse than Jackson's aesthetic. There's already muttering about Amazon's Middle Earth going woke.

Also IMO from the angular dwarf patterns and rich costumes to the elegant dwarves to the cozy hobbits, to the orcs and goblins, WETA has done a phenomenal job with design. I'm afraid of what some other director would come up with, and would also cheap out with a lot of CGI and weird looks. Think I luv just about every environment WETA came up with.

But with the upcoming Amazon series, keeping an open mind. Amazon has paid too much money to mess it up - 5 seasons worth, last I read. LOL just think about how much our figs will increase in value with the hype over the series. :D :monkey3
To be fair the Tauriel/Kili romance wasn’t Jackson’s idea, it was the studio’s. Evangeline Lily even said in interviews she was initially told there would be no love triangle for her character and later during reshoots they told her she would be part of one. We have to keep in mind a lot of the tonal issues and bizzare choices aren’t all Jackson’s fault. He originally never intended to be director for the Hobbit trilogy but after Del Toro was pushed too far, Jackson came in to salvage the trilogy.

Then the studio refused to even give him normal time for preproduction saying it was spent already on Del Toro’s extended preproduction time. The fact Jackson even made a halfway decent trilogy with severe handicaps and studio reshoot demands like the Tauriel romance is astounding.

But ultimately you do have to separate the books from the movies to enjoy them. My three biggest gripes for the Hobbit trilogy was Kili and Fili not dying protecting Thorin, Thorin not being buried with Orcrist, and Tauriel glowing like one of the Calaquendi. My three favorite parts are the White Council subplot, Thranduil (everything about him and his motivation for his wife’s gems) and the Rivendell knights scenes.

To be fair the Tauriel/Kili romance wasn’t Jackson’s idea, it was the studio’s. Evangeline Lily even said in interviews she was initially told there would be no love triangle for her character and later during reshoots they told her she would be part of one. We have to keep in mind a lot of the tonal issues and bizzare choices aren’t all Jackson’s fault. He originally never intended to be director for the Hobbit trilogy but after Del Toro was pushed too far, Jackson came in to salvage the trilogy.

Then the studio refused to even give him normal time for preproduction saying it was spent already on Del Toro’s extended preproduction time. The fact Jackson even made a halfway decent trilogy with severe handicaps and studio reshoot demands like the Tauriel romance is astounding.

But ultimately you do have to separate the books from the movies to enjoy them. My three biggest gripes for the Hobbit trilogy was Kili and Fili not dying protecting Thorin, Thorin not being buried with Orcrist, and Tauriel glowing like one of the Calaquendi. My three favorite parts are the White Council subplot, Thranduil (everything about him and his motivation for his wife’s gems) and the Rivendell knights scenes.

I found that true of both LOTR - before the Hobbit movies existed - and with the Hobbit films. For me, while I am a Hobbit movie fan and IMO there is brilliance with the performances - Armitage, Freeman, Pace, the dwarves, etc, and some spectacular scenes and environments - whether folks ever enjoyed Legolas hanging off a bat I don't know. I sure didn't. Or Tauriel looking kinda deranged healing Kili.

But then you have characters like Dain show up, or Thorin's flickering madness, and Smaug (IMO the best dragon ever put on screen). :love

I've never been sure how much WB interfered or was stingy with the budget. I know there were complaints that compared to LOTR (under New Line?) that there sure wasn't the nice swag and PR stuff that came out with LOTR. WB sure seemed cheap (like they didn't wanna pay for the dwarf actors to come to the LA premier for BOFA). And now...I've got multiple versions of the Hobbit films, and a mix of LOTR. Sure wish I had a nice, cohesive, remastered disk collection.

But there was that cheap outrageous 800$ set with the shelf, and now I guess there's ANOTHER "ultimate" disk set coming out, which once again cuts material like the Appendices:pfft:. Srsly if you're gonna give me an "ultimate" set put some effort into it.
Even the box art - since this is likely to be on display - is rehash Photoshop.

That kind of stinginess makes me appreciate companies like ASMUS all the more - e.g. taking the time to make accessories, for one thing. Except, now that I see Arwen's accessories, since the bench is so large, IMO it's just a few more steps to Thranduil's throne.:monkey3:stick;)

So nothing new from Asmus , I mean new announcements ?

TBH I'd rather get Legolas in hand first...and who knows where my Crown Gandalf (from SSC) is:crying. Guess the good times I had during Carnival when figures were showing up unbelievably fast from ASMUS (much appreciated!) are over.:lightnin

Last edited:
Back