Asmus Toys - 1/6 Arwen 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone’s curious, these are the hands that I received (next to one of the ones that came with the figure).

View attachment 544103
Oof! Not great. Seems lots of things went wrong for this release all round. Hopefully the Legolas release points to them getting back on track. Now if they could just tidy up their customer support system (which I've always found courteous btw) and their invoicing procedures, they will make a lot more collectors happy.

Well, I received a reply back last week, but it’s … not positive. Platitudes, and these are the the “correct hands” — though they are clearly different materials, and horrible examples at that. My reply to said reply has been ignored, I guess. Very disappointing to say the least. So now, it looks like I’m stuck with only one pair of hands for this figure, as the so called “replacements” for the missing pairs are garbage. I’ve been a staunch supporter of this line, and Asmus in general, but this has really soured me.

Well, I received a reply back last week, but it’s … not positive. Platitudes, and these are the the “correct hands” — though they are clearly different materials, and horrible examples at that. My reply to said reply has been ignored, I guess. Very disappointing to say the least. So now, it looks like I’m stuck with only one pair of hands for this figure, as the so called “replacements” for the missing pairs are garbage. I’ve been a staunch supporter of this line, and Asmus in general, but this has really soured me.
what?!

So they just leave you with that awful replacement hands and call it done?

Wow.
That is bad. (n) (n) (n)

Hopefully that these mix ups get corrected when Asmus sends over the regular Arwen to those that ordered it.

No rush for my copy as Asmus can take their time in getting it correct as I have other stuff on the way,

His claim is that he’s not in charge of the “production team”, and they are telling him that yes, those are the correct hands, and they are the “same materials” — which, yeah, I call bull$@#t, as the neutral hands that came with the figure are a dull, semi-soft material, and the “replacement” hands are a shiny, hard plastic with no give what-so-ever — so not the same at all.

His claim is that he’s not in charge of the “production team”, and they are telling him that yes, those are the correct hands, and they are the “same materials” — which, yeah, I call bull$@#t, as the neutral hands that came with the figure are a dull, semi-soft material, and the “replacement” hands are a shiny, hard plastic with no give what-so-ever — so not the same at all.
Well.. so just like the artbox, they're just going to let this one slide. (n)

Again, showing their true nature. Also just found out from another thread here, that they are operating behind another name "Xensation" to produce and sell unlicensed products. :rolleyes:

Maybe you can buy the original spare hands from eBay, I'm sure someone will part em out and sell it..

Lol, you think Asmus is the only company that has a burner to sell unlicensed stuff?

If you're not even buying the products, can you just stop posting? My god you're a blaze of negativity, even for the internet.

Lol, you think Asmus is the only company that has a burner to sell unlicensed stuff?

If you're not even buying the products, can you just stop posting? My god you're a blaze of negativity, even for the internet.
No, but we're not talking about other companies here, are we?
And if other companies does the same thing, it still doesn't make it right.

I have the right to post here, especially since I bought Arwen. And even if I don't purchase the product, I still have the right to post here, just like everybody. You can't possibly think those who purchased the product is the only one who can post on a thread in this forum.. :ROFLMAO:

And for me, Asmus is the one with a blaze of negativity. In real life and on the internet.
What happened to stryker2011 is a solid proof of it, and what I did is responding to his post, trying to get Rovi to do someting about it.
Asmus has done wrong to Stryker2011. There's no denying that. Maybe it's not intentional but the way they respond to it and how they ended up wrapping the problem as they did to the artbox issue is wrong.
There's nothing negative about trying to make things right.

Last edited:
I don’t want to be the devil here but did you pay with PayPal?

May I ask who else is selling unlicensed product

I don’t want to be the devil here but did you pay with PayPal?
Yes.
But, as crabby as I am about the situation, I have other POs with them, and I’d rather not get put on a list to get F’d on those. It’s not right to just ”suck it up”, but I’d rather not lose out on the others because they decide to be petty. I’ll just not place any further POs with them, and get my stuff from trusted retailers that will handle any future issues. I’ll just have to live without their “exclusive“ stuff.

Yes.
But, as crabby as I am about the situation, I have other POs with them, and I’d rather not get put on a list to get F’d on those. It’s not right to just ”suck it up”, but I’d rather not lose out on the others because they decide to be petty. I’ll just not place any further POs with them, and get my stuff from trusted retailers that will handle any future issues. I’ll just have to live without their “exclusive“ stuff.
Good call on anticipating their pettiness.. fortunately for you, now they have made their "exclusive" stuffs available at retailers.. well at least their DX Gollum is.

Last edited:
Yes.
Yeah, definitely not a great situation for you. Hopefully with regular retailers now getting access to their Luxury editions like Gollum/Smeagol, you'll still be able to collect what you like in the future.

Good call on anticipating their pettiness..
Pettiness?
You’ve got the market cornered on that. Your only contributions to this forum consist of personal attacks against Asmus. Everyone is well aware of your dissatisfaction with them. Stop polluting these threads with your vendetta and move on.

Pettiness?
You’ve got the market cornered on that. Your only contributions to this forum consist of personal attacks against Asmus. Everyone is well aware of your dissatisfaction with them. Stop polluting these threads with your vendetta and move on.
clearly you don't read my other posts.. and only focus on my post in the Tauriel and Arwen thread. You ignored my praises to them on the Saruman thread, etc.
Like I said, if they do great, credit where credit's due. But a mistake like the artbox, and the replacement hands on Stryker's issue, that is unacceptable.

If that hurts you because you are an asmus fanatic, well..
Instead of responding to me, you can just hit the ignore button, like what I will do to you now. :)

And instead of responding to me, you can actually put that energy or time to try to help Stryker or scumonkey.
At least my respond got rovi to reply to scumonkey.. he "missed" scumonkey's post till I made it clear about that.

You say polluting, but I say I am helping. But my way works. Read the posts on the previous page.
my contribution to this thread got a member in trouble noticed by asmus, and hopefully his problems got fixed.

Last edited:
Yes.
🤔🤔🤔
That‘s really bad
Try to send them again

I'm now curious. Can someone else post the picture of all her Hands parts? I want to make sure what they say is wrong about those glossy generic hands.
I've ordered regular version with BBTS, so mine's 1-2 months away.

Back