Asmus Toys - 1/6 Arwen 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at the price of Hot Toys Carnage and then imagine what Sauron is likely to go for…
Weigh that against the smaller market for Asmus figures and the percentage of collectors who can comfortably afford toys of that price and I can see why Asmus are taking their sweet time getting around to Sauron. No matter how popular LOTR is, he’s still got to be a bit of a financial risk.

I think we’re going to need a couple more Crown figures that are absolute home-runs to raise consumer confidence in Asmus (which has sadly taken a slight knock lately) - let’s say Gandalf The White and Black Gate Aragorn, re-releases or new versions of most fellowship members to help bring in new collectors which would boost the potential number of Sauron buyers and help more recent customers complete their Fellowships, making them even more invested in acquiring the ‘big bad’ of the trilogy as a centrepiece.

If Asmus thinks like me then Sauron is looking like a 25th Anniversary release…

They could try a crowd funding project like HasLab to minimise the risks but now would be a terrible time for that considering their shipping issues.
Buying direct from Asmus at the moment is not a good option and a figure the size of Sauron would cost a buttload to post and incur an even bigger buttload of customs charges.

Look at the price of Hot Toys Carnage and then imagine what Sauron is likely to go for…
Weigh that against the smaller market for Asmus figures and the percentage of collectors who can comfortably afford toys of that price and I can see why Asmus are taking their sweet time getting around to Sauron. No matter how popular LOTR is, he’s still got to be a bit of a financial risk.

I think we’re going to need a couple more Crown figures that are absolute home-runs to raise consumer confidence in Asmus (which has sadly taken a slight knock lately) - let’s say Gandalf The White and Black Gate Aragorn, re-releases or new versions of most fellowship members to help bring in new collectors which would boost the potential number of Sauron buyers and help more recent customers complete their Fellowships, making them even more invested in acquiring the ‘big bad’ of the trilogy as a centrepiece.

They could try a crowd funding project like HasLab to minimise the risks but now would be a terrible time for that considering their shipping issues.
Buying direct from Asmus at the moment is not a good option and a figure the size of Sauron would cost a buttload to post and incur an even bigger buttload of customs charges.
Sauron should be 16-18 inches tall so it will cost around 400$
Releasing the fellowship members again will take forever
Funding project will be the best option.
I am not going to think about Balrog (it’s just a dream 🤣🤣)

I think Sauron would sell really well to non LotR fans. He has such an iconic look. His shelf presents would be amazing.
But he has to be executed correctly.
The under body would be my biggest concern with him.

Seeing as Sauron is in the Amazon made series in some
form, they could probably grab collectors who enter into the middle-earth collectible world via the television series too.

Received Arwen today, I am pretty impressed with the head sculpt way better than the first release
Photos doesn’t do her Justice.
The furnitures are really good

How come no one bothered to take a video of Arwen figure? Not one video exist on the entire internet...I'm disappointed

How come no one bothered to take a video of Arwen figure? Not one video exist on the entire internet...I'm disappointed
Even Asmus didn’t post an unboxing video as usual
Probably because there is no box to unbox...
Plus the no up front reason of why the DLX was shipped in a cardboard box in the first place prior to sending it out (told us that there are additional fees for the DLX plus the extra fees in sending it out, then the real reason why the DLX was shipped in the cardboard box came later after some members here got it in hand).

You can say that Asmus wants to bury their screw ups under the rug and forget about it, however the lack of upfront communication on why things didn't go as planned has been uncovered by many of us here.

Thankfully that Asmus is not another company that is famously on the banned list to get products from on another forum that I'm on.

Plus the no up front reason of why the DLX was shipped in a cardboard box in the first place prior to sending it out (told us that there are additional fees for the DLX plus the extra fees in sending it out, then the real reason why the DLX was shipped in the cardboard box came later after some members here got it in hand).

You can say that Asmus wants to bury their screw ups under the rug and forget about it, however the lack of upfront communication on why things didn't go as planned has been uncovered by many of us here.

Thankfully that Asmus is not another company that is famously on the banned list to get products from on another forum that I'm on.
and people keep saying "what true colors? what true nature?"
Well there you go. :)

At least they can unbox the normal version.
I hope that the cardboard isn’t a new thing for all upcoming deluxe releases.
After all it‘s still a weird decision from Asmus not to include the Art box, also they refused to ship it with any new order from their website.
The only reason I see behind this decision is cost reduction, maybe Asmus had high hopes regarding the deluxe edition and in the end it didn’t sell well so they just decided to not to include the Art box.
Maybe the Art box shipment wasn’t ready in time with production.
In the end I still miss the Art box from my collection and I am not happy with that

Last edited:
At least they can unbox the normal version.
I hope that the cardboard isn’t a new thing for all upcoming deluxe releases.
After all it‘s still a weird decision from Asmus not to include the Art box, also they refused to ship it with any new order from their website.
The only reason I see behind this decision is cost reduction, maybe Asmus had high hopes regarding the deluxe edition and in the end it didn’t sell well so they just decided to not to include the Art box.
Maybe the Art box shipment wasn’t ready in time with production.
In the I still miss the Art box from my collection and I am not happy with that
They could have put in a numbered art slip like the other figures have so that there was something versus just a cardboard box. It would be flat inside the box and not need extra shipping.

They could have put in a numbered art slip like the other figures have so that there was something versus just a cardboard box. It would be flat inside the box and not need extra shipping.
They could include the Art Box.
Anyway I won’t be mentioning the Art box situation again 🤣🤣

Can we just move on from the art box talk already? I was fairly critical about the situation too, but nothing is being fixed at this point. The figure is still great without the box.

If Asmus pulls this again there will be hell to pay, but for now I’m willing to accept what Rovi told us and just stop spreading negativity about an otherwise fantastically made figure.

Back