Asmus Toys - 1/6 Arwen 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus updated shipping policy
Yeah, saw that yesterday. I'll miss all those cool stamps on ASMUS packages, tho my orders to BBTS, Sideshow, Asmus, and even E-bay and Amazon vary. Most of which I pay shipping anyway.

Except ASMUS was getting stuff to me at lightning speed. It was impressive. Great packing. For me Fed Ex has been fine in the U.S., but dunno about international. Don't know much about EMS at the moment.

And I prefer shipping cost calculated at checkout, as opposed to an invoice later. Too much opportunity for a foul up with a 2 step process?

Yeah, saw that yesterday. I'll miss all those cool stamps on ASMUS packages, tho my orders to BBTS, Sideshow, Asmus, and even E-bay and Amazon vary. Most of which I pay shipping anyway.

Except ASMUS was getting stuff to me at lightning speed. It was impressive. Great packing. For me Fed Ex has been fine in the U.S., but dunno about international. Don't know much about EMS at the moment.

And I prefer shipping cost calculated at checkout, as opposed to an invoice later. Too much opportunity for a foul up with a 2 step process?
That’s why I won’t be buying any website exclusive items anymore

That’s why I won’t be buying any website exclusive items anymore

Never was a fan of site exclusives.

ASMUS isn't doing anything other companies don't do, but there was the Faramir bow thing. Galadriel another if you wanted the base. IMO just put out standard and DX versions with products as needed for all retailers. For more expensive items and with the current shipping mess I am uneasy ordering internationally.

That’s probably why they have moved away from site exclusives.

SIte exclusives are ok as long as they keep their words to it.
No sudden additional charges, normal proper packaging with artbox, and stick with the shipping options that they offered, instead of forcing the buyer to use FedEx and get forcefully charged more.

I have no complaints about Galadriel in terms of shipping. It still has the proper artbox, and it's sent by EMS, and no sudden additional charges for shipping etc.

In short, be honest and keep your words.. and you will be a respectable company.

All the exclusives pay customs in Europe for import / VAT fees, but with the $ 20 extra shipping cost and the absurd FedEx handling fee added to import taxes make the exclusives extremely expensive. I would have liked to buy the Aragorn and Legolas dioramas, but I did not do it because of the import taxes, and that was before FedEx. I also gave up with Faramir's bow because I have the sideshow and I also gave up the exclusive Elrond spear. The extra costs made it not worth it compared to the prices of any other seller for the regular versions. It is frustrating not being able to have a "complete" collection due to its exclusivity policies that make you have to pay abusive prices despite having each and every one of the Asmus middle earth figures. Glad they offered Gollum DX at other stores, which I have pre-ordered. If not, I would have had to skip this release.

The exclusive Elrond weapon is amazing, I love the banner, wish Asmus made more of the Prologue banners since there’s quite a few from the sequence. Also, I think technically the elf spearman carry glaives not spears since much of the top portion is a curved blade whereas a spear has a shorter triangular point.

After all this hassle local retailers are the best way to get my items
I don’t want to deal with shipping cost and custom duties anymore

After all this hassle local retailers are the best way to get my items
I don’t want to deal with shipping cost and custom duties anymore
Same here. Due to all this I needed to sacrifice my DX. I do not think the accesories (minus art box!) are worth the extra charges. Bad bussiness model from Asmus in my opinion.

When the regular v.2 Arwen gets delivered to my place, I'm going to place my further possible future purchases on hold until things get sorted out properly.

Although Asmus LOTR figures are outstanding, I'm going to step out of the ring as an error of caution.

Same here. Due to all this I needed to sacrifice my DX. I do not think the accesories (minus art box!) are worth the extra charges. Bad bussiness model from Asmus in my opinion.
Well, I have it in hand now, and I can confirm, YES, the DX are not worth the extra charges. So you've made the right decision.

I can buy a hot toys DELUXE Luke Skywalker (Mandalorian version) with $317 (same amount I spent for DX Arwen), that comes with a light up damaged Dark Trooper, a Grogu, light up lightsaber and very good back drop.
And it comes with an art box. Guaranteed.

When the regular v.2 Arwen gets delivered to my place, I'm going to place my further possible future purchases on hold until things get sorted out properly.

Although Asmus LOTR figures are outstanding, I'm going to step out of the ring as an error of caution.
I still need Gandalf the White , Radagast The Brown , Saruman the White and Ian Holm Biblo, then I will be very satisfied with my Lord of The Rings Collection

Well, I have it in hand now, and I can confirm, YES, the DX are not worth the extra charges. So you've made the right decision.

I can buy a hot toys DELUXE Luke Skywalker (Mandalorian version) with $317 (same amount I spent for DX Arwen), that comes with a light up damaged Dark Trooper, a Grogu, light up lightsaber and very good back drop.
And it comes with an art box. Guaranteed.
Same here with the amount paid on Arwen I could have ordered Ahsoka Tano and Grogu DX. What's done is done

Back