Asmus Toys - 1/6 Arwen 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid $ 20 more for shipping than agreed in the preorder and then $ 50 for import taxes and FedEx handling fees and now they want me to pay more for shipping a box that was supposed to be included in the price and fit in the box that they have sent with the furniture. Great!

Never seems to end with extra fees, surcharge of using other delivery surfaces and import fees..

Gotten used to it as I get dinged with GST+PST/HST and CBSA fees (whenever it gets tagged) up here in Canada

Hi all,
This is Rovi. Its package was the final design to solve the chaise issue in safety shipping after we and our factory's several tests. Thank you for your thoughts, opinions and kind understanding. For the replaced art box (the standard one) which some collectors insisted on getting one, I am sorry for my late reply that I can't give you a prompt answer because I have to know its status and get permission from managers and different departments.
We have in stock of Arwen's colored box (flat type) in the factory and we are glad to give the colored/art box for free. But, the problem is the postal situations and delivery cost from Taiwan to your countries are different and higher than usual because of the pandemic now (you can understand if you sent parcels abroad recently), So we can't afford the shipping cost to send them to all order's owners.

So, to get an extra colored box, kindly send us an inquiry mail to [email protected] if you are willing to pay and get a delivery quotation for a flat one. We need to collect them and reply to you as getting the shipping fee or possibility to add the box folded into your next order. Thank you ☺️
Perfect , I need one with my next order ( Legolas )

That’s a great idea! Can we have it sent with our DLX Legolas?

I'm in Indonesia.

In the email when they suddenly asked for more money for shipping, they offered FedEx/EMS.
I chose EMS to avoid the extra charges. Then asmus told me ems is not an option because of this and that, bla bla bla.
And so I ended up paying so much for something like this.

So yeah, this sucks big time.

I'm in Indonesia.

In the email when they suddenly asked for more money for shipping, they offered FedEx/EMS.
I chose EMS to avoid the extra charges. Then asmus told me ems is not an option because of this and that, bla bla bla.

Shipping rates sucks after Covid

I'm in Indonesia.

You would think being in Indonesia and so close that it would be cheaper.

You would think being in Indonesia and so close that it would be cheaper.
It normally does.

If I order the regular version from my supplier, it will cost the base price, without shipping.
But the d*mn thing is not available outside asmus' website, so I got no choice, but I originally thought that there will not be any additional shipping cost and it will be shipped using the usual EMS (like Galadriel)..

..but boy am I wrong. Not only it cost much much more (those wooden accs are not worth the extra money at all), it also comes with poor packaging.
And now they asked us for more money to get something that we actually deserved at the first place.

Definitely will never purchase anything asmus again, and I will even do my best to stop my friends from getting scammed like me.

Was it shipped with FedEx
Nope, with EMS.
But what I meant was, if asmus send it via EMS, the shipping cost would still be the same. Using Fedex is the main reason why there's extra cost that is very random because they set it up based on what they want. Storage rent, administration fee, early pay tax duty whatever. Pandemic or not, that's whats going to happen if they use fedex to send it to me.

Really pissed here.

FYI,
just got a reply about the Artbox.
Looks like they will only send if paid shipping and not included with your next order (I have HD Legolas on order)....

Dear ----

Thank you for your email.
I am sorry that the product of LOTR028EX without the art box. We use the harder material of packaged box to keep the product avoid any damage during shipping procedure.

Also, we don't suggest shipping the art box. According to our experience, the art boxes always are easily damaged such as obviously wrinkled or split cause of the transportation or it may be impacted by the moisture. Also, the box is not in our warranty policy. Furthermore, cause the size is too long to put in the LOTR029EX box, and the shipping cost for the art box only is excess expensive.
If you still prefer to receive the box, please let me know. I will inform you the shipping fee for this art box.

We are sorry for your inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to advise us, thank you.
Kind regards
Cathy Lin

FYI,
just got a reply about the Artbox.
Looks like they will only send if paid shipping and not included with your next order (I have HD Legolas on order)....

Dear ----

Thank you for your email.
I am sorry that the product of LOTR028EX without the art box. We use the harder material of packaged box to keep the product avoid any damage during shipping procedure.

Also, we don't suggest shipping the art box. According to our experience, the art boxes always are easily damaged such as obviously wrinkled or split cause of the transportation or it may be impacted by the moisture. Also, the box is not in our warranty policy. Furthermore, cause the size is too long to put in the LOTR029EX box, and the shipping cost for the art box only is excess expensive.
If you still prefer to receive the box, please let me know. I will inform you the shipping fee for this art box.

We are sorry for your inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to advise us, thank you.
Kind regards
Cathy Lin
Pity, and weird decision
I am starting to hate everything related to collecting
Anyway I won’t be buying any DX figure anymore

Nope, with EMS.
But what I meant was, if asmus send it via EMS, the shipping cost would still be the same. Using Fedex is the main reason why there's extra cost that is very random because they set it up based on what they want. Storage rent, administration fee, early pay tax duty whatever. Pandemic or not, that's whats going to happen if they use fedex to send it to me.

Really pissed here.
FedEx are expensive.
Is shipping to your country available via EMS?

Back