Asmus Toys - 1/6 Arwen 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
…or possibility to add the box folded into your next order. Thank you ☺️
So, I guess there is no possibility of this now?
I got the same response from an inquiry I sent to customer service that Mazomaniac got:

“Also, we don't suggest shipping the art box. According to our experience, the art boxes always are easily damaged such as obviously wrinkled or split cause of the transportation or it may be impacted by the moisture. Also, the box is not in our warranty policy. Furthermore, cause the size is too long to put in the LOTR029EX box, and the shipping cost for the art box only is excess expensive”

Awesome.
Add that to the long, long list of broken promises Asmus has made, I guess.
Things I’m still waiting on:
-5 replacement Nazgul bodies
-completed Build-An-Orc
-properly painted replacement Frodo head
-ability to purchase Gandalf the Grey replacement head
-free 1:6 Anduril “gift”

I’m probably forgetting something.
I want to point out that I’ve supported Asmus since the beginning, having purchased every previous Middle Earth figure they’ve produced, including multiples of many, upgrades such as the “slim” releases of the four Hobbits, Aragorn, Saruman and Mouth of Sauron, all the Luxury versions, and I’ve purchased directly from them since that’s been an option. And recently I’ve been invoiced for and paid a hidden extra shipping fee that I didn’t originally agree to for the Luxury Arwen that didn’t even come with the art box that the standard included.
On the whole I’ve been satisfied with what they’ve produced, but they need to start owning and correcting their mistakes.

I got the same response from an inquiry I sent to customer service that Mazomaniac got:

“Also, we don't suggest shipping the art box. According to our experience, the art boxes always are easily damaged such as obviously wrinkled or split cause of the transportation or it may be impacted by the moisture. Also, the box is not in our warranty policy. Furthermore, cause the size is too long to put in the LOTR029EX box, and the shipping cost for the art box only is excess expensive”

Awesome.
-completed Build-An-Orc

I want to point out that I’ve supported Asmus since the beginning, having purchased every previous Middle Earth figure they’ve produced, including multiples of many, upgrades such as the “slim” releases of the four Hobbits, Aragorn, Saruman and Mouth of Sauron, all the Luxury versions, and I’ve purchased directly from them since that’s been an option. And recently I’ve been invoiced for and paid a hidden extra shipping fee that I didn’t originally agree to for the Luxury Arwen that didn’t even come with the art box that the standard included.
On the whole I’ve been satisfied with what they’ve produced, but they need to start owning and correcting their mistakes.
at some point they have also promised to send a revised Tauriel headsculpt.

This is what I keep saying about their "true nature".
They are like evil polician, making promises to fix their mistakes but keep making them without fulfilling the promise.

Asmus, I think it’s time to stop with the ‘site exclusives.’
Ordering directly from you is just too costly and problematic for so many of us.
Making standard/Slim versions and a luxury edition which includes all the large diorama pieces and extras which are available from all stores would likely be far more beneficial to all.

These larger, more expensive packages end up costing more to ship and incur higher customs fees- all of which are major downers on the collecting experience but are avoidable when purchasing from others stores.

You could even raise the prices of your products and a lot of us would still end up saving money by buying from somewhere else.

At this point, right move would be to return by demand the NRD for the Arwen 2.0 DX. One more broken promise, this time for good.
PS: And then I could indeed thank Rovi, why not.

Just wanted to share my Arwen display pics, this takes up a lot of space but for someone who adores the Noldor elves and Rivendell it is wonderful. When I said it was bigger than expected, I mean it since it’s almost as long/tall as a PS5! The legs are secured magnetically which is a great touch to avoid friction/weight damage from gravity. I had trouble keeping her fully upright, so I used Gandalf’s hat lol.
7686118C-5240-4B6D-9961-734042F44864.jpeg
5AF053AB-5E49-4A1B-BAD7-530982069BDC.jpeg
CC10ACEA-908F-4CF7-9830-ADD70B46BF04.jpeg
A9DEB42E-9F4B-4EFB-AC08-18D69CB8C4FC.jpeg
13A5CF9A-FBE7-4E54-B173-5D9F8D60409B.jpeg
73BF9358-929F-452D-B2C2-30D0B8E4E1A4.jpeg
E39DEE46-D373-4ADC-8D4F-0C3C7F02FFF8.jpeg
F23BDE09-BFC9-4565-96A3-A98500213F24.jpeg

wait so you're saying she can't sit upright properly without using Gandalf's hat on that wood bench thingy??
Well she has long legs so I didn’t have time to try to articulate her better. I’ll let you know if she still has trouble sitting upright after the next attempt.

wait so you're saying she can't sit upright properly without using Gandalf's hat on that wood bench thingy??
I was going to ask the same. This seems like a very good looking standing figure (thanks for the pics, DakRen, by the way). But if it does not bend naturally: what for all this mess about such a big accessory?

Awesome.
-completed Build-An-Orc

Just pity

Great pictures, DakRen! It's really hard to capture how good this figure looks in pictures. It's a shame there's been such turmoil around this figure. It would easily be in the figure of the year conversation otherwise, and I think there would be an incredible new demand for Eowyn with how good this looks.

Just wanted to share my Arwen display pics, this takes up a lot of space but for someone who adores the Noldor elves and Rivendell it is wonderful. When I said it was bigger than expected, I mean it since it’s almost as long/tall as a PS5! The legs are secured magnetically which is a great touch to avoid friction/weight damage from gravity. I had trouble keeping her fully upright, so I used Gandalf’s hat lol.View attachment 540600View attachment 540601View attachment 540602View attachment 540603View attachment 540597View attachment 540596View attachment 540598View attachment 540599
Extra points for the Zelda Nintendo Switch :)

I'm thinking for those that got the regular version of Arwen (including myself), we're going to get our copies just on time for Black Friday Sales to be posted online by the way its going... :stick

Asmus updated shipping policy

Attachments

• 55C82BA7-A5F7-40FB-992C-1E0588253AF7.jpeg
    55C82BA7-A5F7-40FB-992C-1E0588253AF7.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 92D1F6F5-7CE4-4B1E-A62D-4B11C579A57C.jpeg
    92D1F6F5-7CE4-4B1E-A62D-4B11C579A57C.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 57150A31-3D03-4117-8798-8FFF55BC25A1.jpeg
    57150A31-3D03-4117-8798-8FFF55BC25A1.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 103
Meh, that's all bullsh*t. FedEx OR EMS? I got forced to use FedEx.

Anyways those policy won't matter to me as to me, asmus is a dark and painful history.
I've been collecting since '94 and I never hated any company like this before.

Back