Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

stephenfurst3.jpg

So stoked for this! But, do take your time. :) I'm sure we'd all be happy to have a figure that we can't find a thing to complain about. And I believe you are doing just that. :)

Yep, I think we can all agree it is better to wait a bit longer for something great than to rush and get something so-so. Take your time Brian, it will be worth the wait :rock

Just a quick update for everyone whose interested...

I'm going to complete some more parts of Nate today(God willing) I've been sick for the last few days and I'm finally feeling like I want to get off the couch and work. Thanks for encouraging me to take my time. I feel the same way as you do. He's really coming along nicely and when the final pics emerge you're all gonna freak!

I'll be in touch!

Just a quick update for everyone whose interested...

I'm going to complete some more parts of Nate today(God willing) I've been sick for the last few days and I'm finally feeling like I want to get off the couch and work. Thanks for encouraging me to take my time. I feel the same way as you do. He's really coming along nicely and when the final pics emerge you're all gonna freak!

I'll be in touch!

:rock:rock:rock:rock We're all looking forward to it!

This has me so excited. Stephen King is my favorite author. And getting one of his characters in a 1/6 is thrilling!

I can't wait to see what other characters are waiting in the wings.

This has me so excited. Stephen King is my favorite author. And getting one of his characters in a 1/6 is thrilling!

I can't wait to see what other characters are waiting in the wings.

I just wish it was easier getting his things licensed. I'd love for figures based off his novels. The Stand alone could support a small figure line.

Yeah, thats the problem, figures based on a novel would certainly be a niche market. Hopefully the Affleck trilogy will be decent and maybe we can get something from them.

Yeah, thats the problem, figures based on a novel would certainly be a niche market. Hopefully the Affleck trilogy will be decent and maybe we can get something from them.

Wow, did it really need to be redone? I thought the show with Sinise wasn't bad at all. :huh

I thought the miniseries was quite enjoyable as well. I don't know, though. I'll give Affleck a chance and go see it.

Its a decent take, but it does have some of those made-for-tv effects and budget. But I really liked Sinise as Stu. Not sure Ben can pull it off. He'd make a better Larry Underwood IMO. Though I'm not sure he can sing :lol

Anyone know how they are handling the remake though? Are they going the LotR route and filming all three at once or are they going to make one, hope it does well, and then make the next one? I always worried about that with the Stand comics -- that they'd get cancelled before finishing the story. But with only 2 issues left, I think they are actually going to finish it :yess:

IMO no one can beat the originals. I just hate it when they try to redo a masterpiece, very few remakes are great IMO. For instance to me the TCM remake was done well but the freddy and jason not so much, lets hope they do this one right

Hi Dooley, i have a couple of questions...

1) Will this Nate figure also come with the severed head on the plate ?

2) Any chance you will be making the figures of Ted Danson and his girlfriend who come back from the dead in the buried in the sand story from the film ?

Thanks

I just wish it was easier getting his things licensed. I'd love for figures based off his novels. The Stand alone could support a small figure line.

There could be characters like:

Creepshow "The Crate" - The creature in the crate.
Salems Lot - Vampire
Dead Zone - Johnny ( who wouldn't want a Christopher Walken 1/6 )
Children of the Corn - Malichai
IT - Pennywise ( I'd give an organ for a Pennywise ) :pray::pray:
Needful Thing - Leland Grant ( the devil )

And so many others. One can dream!

For maybe 5 collectors. :lol

I hope you're wrong. I don't expect characters to be made from novels. I was speaking of characters that are from MOVIES made from NOVELS.

Those would be more recognizable. Just like Nate.

Its a decent take, but it does have some of those made-for-tv effects and budget. But I really liked Sinise as Stu. Not sure Ben can pull it off. He'd make a better Larry Underwood IMO. Though I'm not sure he can sing :lol

Yeah, the last episode's "Hand of God" was laughable, but the rest of the series was great.

I hope you're wrong. I don't expect characters to be made from novels. I was speaking of characters that are from MOVIES made from NOVELS.

Those would be more recognizable. Just like Nate.

:confused: I was addressing the fact that there's not enough interest to do a line from a book. Did you want them to? :cuckoo: :lol

Back