Agonistes' Star Wars customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After over a year, finally an update!
I took two weeks off over the holidays to have some me time, and spent the time on finally (nearly) finishing my Boba Fett.

I'm still looking into getting a better sculpt than the HT, so I don't have any full shots yet. But other than the head, I only need to finish his flamethrower. The rest is completely done now!

Some previews:
IMG_9613_2_small.jpg

IMG_9599_2_small.jpg

IMG_9602_2_small.jpg

IMG_9623_small.jpg

Re: Agonistes' Star Wars customs *Darth Vader*

Thanks!
----------------

Next up is ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

The lazy eye one of the trademark signs of the Emperor for me, which is what contributes to his creepy appearance. I don't actually know if that was intentional or just a lens that wasn't working properly, but it really defines his look IMO. I went with his throne room appearance where the lighting is very harsh and cold, which is what I tried to replicate in his skin tone.

It's essentially a repainted HT figure, with some more minor mods done:
  • Eyes and sculpt repainted
  • Hands repainted, adding the blue veins and making them much paler
  • Left hand repositioned to appear smaller (since the HT hands are quite oversized)
  • Cane shortened
  • Stitches removed from hood
  • Ankle extenders added

View attachment 503289

View attachment 503290

View attachment 503291

View attachment 503292

View attachment 503293

View attachment 503294
That repaint is amazing.. :)

Been futzing mine to try to get it look like yours, I was wondering if you leave of any stitches on the hood at all (like the 2 in the front beside his brooch and maybe the one on the lower back) ? Or were all of them removed? Thanks :)

That repaint is amazing.. :)

Been futzing mine to try to get it look like yours, I was wondering if you leave of any stitches on the hood at all (like the 2 in the front beside his brooch and maybe the one on the lower back) ? Or were all of them removed? Thanks :)
Thanks!

I removed all the stitches of the hood. That gives you greatest freedom of mobility, and you can pose it exactly as you want it. The wire in the opening of the hood helps a lot with that.
Another key to posing the hood IMO is making it asymmetrical. Pull one side a bit lower than the other and make the top edge a bit uneven. The seam on top is not centered on mine.

I'm currently working on my first diorama.

For years I've been thinking that I would like a diorama for my sandtroopers. Last summer I finally took the plunge and started it up. Timing was perfect, as just a few weeks after I started, the new HT sandtrooper was announced (I wanted 3 sandies in my diorama, but only have 2 so far).

My main inspiration is the movie scene where they search for the droids, but I've taken some creative liberty to make it fit the space I have, on top of a cabinet.

I'm making slow but steady progress, and I'm hoping to have this done by end of summer.
It took quite a while to figure out the exact composition I wanted, and I'm taking my time prepping, finishing and priming the 3D printed parts.

Yesterday I glued the walls, so next step is painting, weathering and inserting the doorframe. After that I can start plastering the walls.

Here's the current status, I'll be updating as I make progress:
20240215_085405.jpg

20240215_085440.jpg

And here some WIP shots of my progress so far:
20240215_084738.jpg

20240215_084841.jpg

20240215_084921.jpg

20240215_084944.jpg

20240215_085013.jpg

20240215_085251.jpg

20240215_085340.jpg

You're off to a great start. Loving all those greeblies!!!

Looking forward to watching this progression.
Thanks!

Regarding the greebles, I'm trying to find the balance between not enough - you can't have SW without them - and too much.
I'm aiming for an OT, pre-special editions Mos Eisley vibe, which had surprisingly little greebles all over the place. So I'm kind of going for a less is more approach.

50.jpg

60039-1532336916.jpg

mos eisley stormtroopers episode IV.jpg

177.jpg

After over a year, finally an update!
I took two weeks off over the holidays to have some me time, and spent the time on finally (nearly) finishing my Boba Fett.

I'm still looking into getting a better sculpt than the HT, so I don't have any full shots yet. But other than the head, I only need to finish his flamethrower. The rest is completely done now!

Some previews:
View attachment 615526
View attachment 615527
View attachment 615528
View attachment 615529
Wow. What does the finished figure look like?

Wow. What does the finished figure look like?
Thanks, man.

Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to complete him. I l haven't sourced a new helmet yet, and my motivation to finish the last 5% - other than painting the helmet - basically hinges on that. That also keeps me from taking good pictures of him, as I usually do that once I consider something finished.

I'm potentially very close to sourcing a new helmet though.
Merek Turay (I don't know if he's on this forum) and I both got a copy of the MinuteFett ESB "lineage" helmet: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1550000319/esb-boba-fett-3d-model-made-from-lineage?click_key=25e0243653540371320c546bca6e3149ff2cc410:1550000319&click_sum=8b5980c7&ref=shop_home_active_16&pro=1
A friend of his put the helmet together, scaled it to 1:6 and thickened the helmet walls. Now it's sitting in my Google drive, ready to be looked by me to see if I still spot anything, before we do a testprint. :lol I finally need to make the time to look at it!

Once I'm able to finish the helmet, I'll do the last touch ups here and there. I have a small list of things to do, like going a bit heavier on the weathering of his jumpsuit.

Here's the best shot I have of him so far. I feel the HT helmet throws the whole composition off, so I'm excluding it for now. ;)

20240229_213011.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, man.

Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to complete him. I l haven't sourced a new helmet yet, and my motivation to finish the last 5% - other than painting the helmet - basically hinges on that. That also keeps me from taking good pictures of him, as I usually do that once I consider something finished.

Merek Turay (I don't know if he's on this forum) and I both got a copy of the MinuteFett ESB "lineage" helmet: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1550000319/esb-boba-fett-3d-model-made-from-lineage?click_key=25e0243653540371320c546bca6e3149ff2cc410:1550000319&click_sum=8b5980c7&ref=shop_home_active_16&pro=1
A friend of his put the helmet together, scaled it to 1:6 and thickened the helmet walls. Now it's sitting in my Google drive, ready to be looked by me to see if I still spot anything, before we do a testprint. :lol I finally need to make the time to look at it!

Once I'm able to finish the helmet, I'll do the last touch ups here and there. I have a small list of things to do, like going a bit heavier on the weathering of his jumpsuit.

Here's the best shot I have of him so far. I feel the HT helmet throws the whole composition off, so I'm excluding it for now. ;)

View attachment 691390

Any plans of selling unpainted prints of the 1/6 scaled helmets? Looks amazing and ive also been waiting for some sort of new helmet to pop up.

Any plans of selling unpainted prints of the 1/6 scaled helmets? Looks amazing and ive also been waiting for some sort of new helmet to pop up.
We haven't talked about that possibility yet since we're doing it out of personal interests so far, but I think he/we can definitely do that. The more people that can get a more accurate Fett, the better.

Merek owns a 3D printer, so that was the plan for now to get our own copies. I don't know if a caster would have to be involved to make these more widely available, but I believe Merek has more experience with this (I've seen his name put up in the custom world a few times as run urganizer).
I also don't know how this would work with MinuteFett. As soon as there is potential profit involved, it should at least be run by him, since he made and provided the original 3D file.

We haven't talked about that possibility yet since we're doing it out of personal interests so far, but I think he/we can definitely do that. The more people that can get a more accurate Fett, the better.

Merek owns a 3D printer, so that was the plan for now to get our own copies. I don't know if a caster would have to be involved to make these more widely available, but I believe Merek has more experience with this (I've seen his name put up in the custom world a few times as run urganizer).
I also don't know how this would work with MinuteFett. As soon as there is potential profit involved, it should at least be run by him, since he made and provided the original 3D file.

No worries, I know it can be an entire process. I know 3 other people who have serious interest as well.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing the complete Fett, you've such an insane job so far.

Thanks, man.

View attachment 691390
Appreciate the dedication. I wish the same could be said about Hot Toys. Definitely try and set your sights on getting this done. For the Fettman 👍

I made some more progress this weekend.

I got the great advice to try out the plaster on a test subject first, which I glued together a few weeks ago.

So I did the first runs of plaster on it, experimenting with different plaster/water ratios and different ways of applying it.
I'm aiming for the rough porous texture you can see in the reference shot. I think I know how to approach it now.

20240303_153846.jpg

20240303_153907.jpg

20240303_173048.jpg

I haven't made much progress on my diorama since my last update, but to get my creative juices flowing again, I continued working on my 1:4 Vader.

So far I padded the chest and lats, made a new inner robe and modified the outer robe. The firstbshot is where he's currently at.

I still wasn't satisfied with it though, so I decided to mod the helmet, which is scary, but so much fun. :lol

I want to make a new mouth/teeth from scratch that's more accurate (more angled, more depth, real mesh backing).
Redo the chin vent with real mesh, and make it smaller overall.
And finally I want to add some more articulation. The original ball joint was at the base of the helmet, which is somewhere in the middle of a real neck instead of at the base of the skull. This kept me from being able to pose the helmet properly, so I thought I might as well fix it as I rework the rest.

FB_IMG_1711923699096.jpg

20240401_155459.jpg

Before dremeling out the mouth, I wanted to make sure I can actually make better teeth.

I made this size chart a few years ago, which greatly helped now. I have styrene of different thicknesses, so I tried different versions. I'll have to study some more movie stills to see which thickness I'll go with, but I'm confident I can make it work now.

20240403_231805.jpg

Back