Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

That remains to be seen. They chose Nate! :dunno

Nate, as in Nathan Grantham from the movie Creepshow:

Natan_Grantham_on_fathers_day.PNG

Who did you think Nate was? :dunno :lol

Nate, as in Nathan Grantham from the movie Creepshow:

Who did you think Nate was? :dunno :lol

Do you have a point in disagreeing with what I would love to be made? I know who Nate is. Creepshow show was directed by George A. Romero and written by Stephen King. Hence my desire to have more Stephen King characters made!

If you think I am crazy for have such wishes, thats fine. But you seem to want to prove me wrong in some way.

I am just offering my opinion of who I would love to be made.

Do you have a point in disagreeing with what I would love to be made? I know who Nate is. Creepshow show was directed by George A. Romero and written by Stephen King. Hence my desire to have more Stephen King characters made!

If you think I am crazy for have such wishes, thats fine. But you seem to want to prove me wrong in some way.

I am just offering my opinion of who I would love to be made.

:lol Bub, your posts make absolutely no sense. Go back and read them objectively. It read at first like you'd be disappointed if they made figures from The Stand, then it read like you thought Nate was some random character from a novel. :huh :lol

:lol Bub, your posts make absolutely no sense. Go back and read them objectively. It read at first like you'd be disappointed if they made figures from The Stand, then it read like you thought Nate was some random character from a novel. :huh :lol

You must be reading between the line, INACCURATELY. I never mentioned The Stand in any of my posts. And where did I say something that gave YOU the impression I thought Nate was some random character? All of my posts in the thread show how stoked I am about this figure and the potential for more.

:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno

Thanks. I am in!

Sweet! I am stoked. Bring on the gore!

This has me so excited. Stephen King is my favorite author. And getting one of his characters in a 1/6 is thrilling!

I can't wait to see what other characters are waiting in the wings.

There could be characters like:

Creepshow "The Crate" - The creature in the crate.
Salems Lot - Vampire
Dead Zone - Johnny ( who wouldn't want a Christopher Walken 1/6 )
Children of the Corn - Malichai
IT - Pennywise ( I'd give an organ for a Pennywise ) :pray::pray:
Needful Thing - Leland Grant ( the devil )

And so many others. One can dream!

I hope you're wrong. I don't expect characters to be made from novels. I was speaking of characters that are from MOVIES made from NOVELS.

Those would be more recognizable. Just like Nate.

Here are all most posts in this thread. How can you not understand how thrilled I am about Nate based on my posts?

Here are all most posts in this thread. How can you not understand how thrilled I am about Nate based on my posts?

Did you perhaps misquote then? You quoted me after a few of those. :lol

Example:
For maybe 5 collectors. :lol
I hope you're wrong. I don't expect characters to be made from novels. I was speaking of characters that are from MOVIES made from NOVELS.

Those would be more recognizable. Just like Nate.

Nate was never a "novel" character. He was written by King exclusively for the film. :wink1:

And you followed up with this:
:confused: I was addressing the fact that there's not enough interest to do a line from a book. Did you want them to? :cuckoo: :lol
That remains to be seen. They chose Nate! :dunno

So given Nate was never a character in a Steven King book, how would you take that? :dunno :lol

Last edited:

My response to your FOR MAYBE 5 COLLECTORS was simply stating I hoped you were incorrect anf they would make other KING characters.

And my 2nd quote, states that I don't expect characters from King books that were not made into movie to be made.

Like I said, reading between the lines and trying to prove me wrong for some reason? AGAIN, I never stated Nate was a character from a novel. I simply stated that he was a KING character and I'd love other KING characters to be made.

And if my posts are so inaccurate and confusing, why are YOU the only one commenting?! Have I said or done something to offend you?

My response to your FOR MAYBE 5 COLLECTORS was simply stating I hoped you were incorrect anf they would make other KING characters.

And my 2nd quote, states that I don't expect characters from King books that were not made into movie to be made.

Like I said, reading between the lines and trying to prove me wrong for some reason? AGAIN, I never stated Nate was a character from a novel. I simply stated that he was a KING character and I'd love other KING characters to be made.

And if my posts are so inaccurate and confusing, why are YOU the only one commenting?! Have I said or done something to offend you?

:lol I think you're getting your panties bunched up for no reason, as you seem waaaaaaaaaaay more upset about this than need be. I didn't read between any lines. Take a deep breath and relax. I just read what you typed and the way your sentences read, as evidenced above, you were saying Nate is a character from a book. And he's not. I'm not psychic and have absolutely no way of reading what you "meant" vs. what you typed. :cuckoo: :lol

:lol I think you're getting your panties bunched up for no reason, as you seem waaaaaaaaaaay more upset about this than need be. I didn't read between any lines. Take a deep breath and relax. I just read what you typed and the way your sentences read, as evidenced above, you were saying Nate is a character from a book. And he's not. I'm not psychic and have absolutely no way of reading what you "meant" vs. what you typed. :cuckoo: :lol

My panties are fine, thanks for your concern. And I am not upset in any way. You are meaningless to me. I would just prefer to be corrected if I was wrong and by someone who know what they were talking about.

Creepshow was a book and Nate was a character in that book. A graphic novel was printed of creepshow in 1982. :nana:

My panties are fine, thanks for your concern. And I am not upset in any way. You are meaningless to me. I would just prefer to be corrected if I was wrong and by someone who know what they were talking about.

Creepshow was a book and Nate was a character in that book. A graphic novel was printed of creepshow in 1982. :nana:

Graphic novel =/= book or novel for that matter, and came out 2 months after, but nice try. :wink1: :lol

Thats your opinion. Your quote was

Nate was never a "novel" character. He was written by King exclusively for the film.

and

Nate, as in Nathan Grantham from the movie Creepshow

Whether you admit it or not, Nate was a character in print. And I no long have an interest in justifying the way I feel. Criticize my verbage and opinion all you want. But I would prefer that you stop trolling my posts. If you don't like them, stop reading them.

Thats your opinion. Your quote was

Nate was never a "novel" character. He was written by King exclusively for the film.

and

Nate, as in Nathan Grantham from the movie Creepshow

Whether you admit it or not, Nate was a character in print. And I no long have an interest in justifying the way I feel. Criticize my verbage and opinion all you want. But I would prefer that you stop trolling my posts. If you don't like them, stop reading them.

For the sake of argument:
"Father's Day"

(First story, written by King specifically for the film) Nathan Grantham (Jon Lormer), the miserly old patriarch of a family whose fortune was made through bootlegging and fraud, is killed on Father's Day by his long-suffering spinster daughter Bedelia (Viveca Lindfors). Bedelia was already unstable as the result of a lifetime spent putting up with her father's incessant demands and emotional abuse, which culminated in his orchestrating the murder of her sweetheart. When she could no longer endure Nathan's screams for her to bring him his Father's Day cake, Bedelia picked up a heavy marble a___ray, yelled "Happy Father's Day!" and smashed his skull with it. NOTE: This prop appears in every one of the five stories in different ways. (SEE STORIES FOR THE USE OF THIS PROP)

The sequence begins seven years later, when the remainder of Nathan's descendants—including Nathan's granddaughter Sylvia (Carrie Nye), his great-grandchildren Richard (Warner Shook) and Cass (Elizabeth Regan), and Cass' husband Hank (Ed Harris)—get together for their annual dinner on the third Sunday in June.

Bedelia, who typically arrives later than the others, stops in the cemetery outside the family house to lay a flower at the grave site and drunkenly reminisce about how she murdered her insufferable, overbearing father. When she accidentally spills her whiskey bottle in front of the headstone, it seems to have a reanimating effect on the mortal remains interred below. All of the sudden, Nathan's putrefied, maggot-infested corpse (John Amplas) emerges from the burial plot in the form of a revenant who has come back to claim the Father's Day cake he never got. Before obtaining his long-desired pastry, the revenant avenges himself on Bedelia and the rest of his idle, scheming, money-grubbing heirs—randomly killing them off one by one.

The final freeze-frame shows the undead Nathan in the kitchen triumphantly carrying a platter that is crowned with Sylvia's freshly severed head and covered with cake frosting. The corpse gurgles hoarsely at a terrified Richard and Cass, "It's Father's Day, and I got my cake! Happy Father's Day!"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creepshow
:wave

... And on that note how about a first look at the completed Nathan Grantham head sculpt complete w/ articulated jaw! Enjoy!!!!

Thanks Everyone! Quick question cause I suck at the forum stuff but... How do I post pics here larger or full size? I hate the little attachment version. Thanks!!!!

Back