AMOK TIME BSG UPDATE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bah! I missed this whole topic!

I had no idea that SS had taken over selling the figures! I had waited patiently for a few years, but now I've missed out!

Online stores are still selling them. SS is just shipping them/supplying them like a regular SS product. :)

Also, the newsletter last week said Tigh and Boomer were now shipping in Dec!!!

Rooms a premium in the display cupboard but extending the entourage in Classic BSG is tempting

Just picked up the last of my Classic Cylons

4096570468_f0f214e792_b.jpg

Wanna put some custom skirts on the 2 silver ones, then theres Baltar (needs suit) and Lee and Kara (need their flightsuits, and finish their helmets). Theres quite abit of interest in a 1/6th 6

and with the Evo body on the horizon . . . hopefully

Id love to see a classic Baltar from Amok time

Anyone tried a custom yet ?

I finally did get a response from them:

"Dear sir,
The item will have an update in the next 30 days.
Thank you for your patience,
Amoktime.com"

We'll see.

So, 30 days have passed and I did not see an update on the Galactica figures.
Did anyone hear anything from Amoktime?

Online stores are still selling them. SS is just shipping them/supplying them like a regular SS product. :)

Also, the newsletter last week said Tigh and Boomer were now shipping in Dec!!!

At this point, I'm not sure I really care WHO is actually shipping them, I just want to get my hands on Athena... wait, that didn't sound good...

The photo and the description don't match the title the figure is listed under.
Curious and curiouser!
A search of just "galactica" brings up a page stating the figure in question is from DIAMOND, most certainly NOT the 12" Cylon. And they have the Silver Centurian for $49.99.

So, does anyone have any more info on whether or not these figures will ever be released? They do not even seem to exist on the Amok Time website anymore.

At this point I highly doubt we'll ever see those new figures. I still have my pre-order with Amok Time, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

I also hope that they still have my pre-orders somewhere in their system.
What worries me is that I cannot see my pre-orders anymore and that the figures are not offered anymore.
Besides, I tried to register for the newsletter but never got one.
Did they sent any newsletters recently?

And they never answer my mails :confused:.
That's all very confusing.

The only positive sign is that Sideshow still has them listed (with a release date of '2nd Qtr 2010').

Amoktime has the worst customer service...they NEVER answer emails and everytime I have ordered from them in the past,there would always be a problem(defected toys,delayed refunds when returning an item you cancelled before it even shipped).their ordering system stinks.They are very rude over the phone and they tell you to use their website to order...but if you have questions forget it! I decided to never buy from them again..I dont see how they are even still around with their crappy service and communication...sorry to bash,buts that my experience with them.

I wouldn't worry too much about them. They've released very little product in the past year and most of it was mediocre at best. I'd wager Amok's days are numbered.

Now, it might be all the fairly expensive scotch I've just consumed talking, but I'm REALLY starting to doubt that any of this line is ever gonna get released....

I had such plans for Athena...

Today I got my very first newsletter from Amok Time!
Several months after registering, I already had given up the hope.
This must be a good sign!

Unfortunately, the newsletter does not mention Battlestar Galactica...

But at least a sign of life from Amok Time.

I finally got around to changing the body on my Starbuck to a ANH Han Solo buck. I wouldn't have guessed it, but it makes a world of difference. Seeing Han's well-proportioned head on the BSG costume really makes the outfit look great. I'm reluctant to swap out the heads since Starbuck's head is really way too small for the body. Even if the neck was a little longer it would help. Has anyone been able to track down a proper Dirk Benedict sculpt?

Here are a couple of pics of Han Solo as Starbuck:

IMG_7690.JPG

IMG_7691.JPG

The head is in perfect proportion to the body and outfit. The real Starbuck head is way too small. I may have to leave him like this til I can find a good Dirk Benedict...

Back