All things Muppets!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Muppets soundtrack is on Amazon mp3 for only $4.99! Get it while it's hot!

Beeshaw, can you order them thru the TRU website?

Guess I could give it a go...They're not on TRU.ca at all and I'm not sure if TRU.com will ship up here. They're out of stock for shipping at the moment unfortunately so I can't even 'try'.

I was dabbling in making a Kermit for myself. I actually made a little wee one for my son and a not so wee one for my Niece as practice. They actually turned out pretty well. Maybe I'll just get back in that wagon since I bought all the supplies.

Found pics of the one I made my Son. This was back last January. He was 3 months old at the time. :) (I never did get around to adding his frill. I was having a hard time finding the right colour)

utf-8BSU1HMDA3NjYtMjAxMTAxMjItMTU0OS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA3NjktMjAxMTAxMjItMTU1MC5qcGc.jpg

Last edited:
The thread IS for "all things Muppets" well....

I saw the documentary, "Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey" this past weekend. Boy, what an amazing film! Say what you will about the red furry guy, this look behind the curtain of the world of the Muppets is NOT TO BE MISSED!!! I challenge any Elmo cynic to remain dry eyed throughout the whole film.

What with this film and "The Muppets" in theaters, it's a great time to be a Muppet fan! We get to see both Kevin Clash and "Walter" fulfill their dreams of working with the Muppets.

Now if we can only get Disney to release "Muppet's Tonight! and the fourth season of "The Muppet Show" on DVD.... I missed the whole second season of Muppet's Tonight (about 9 or 10 episodes) when it moved to the Disney Channel! :gah: :gah: :gah:

I just saw the trailer. Looks good!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlNZo10pCts[/ame]

I'll have to check it out on DVD one of these days. I'm no fan of Elmo, but it's hard to criticize the skill of the guy performing him.

I'll never criticize the performer who plays Elmo either. He's super talented and deserves mad props.

However, over the years Sesame Street has become the Elmo Show. He's everywhere, in most skits pushing out awesome legendary regulars like Grover, Bert, Ernie, Two-Headed Monster, The Count, and my favorite Snuffleupagus.

Seriously, Elmo has overstayed his welcome and needs to go.

I've watched Sesame Street every now and then with my Son, and I can't remember the last time I saw even Big Bird or Oscar either.

A lot of Murray, Abbey and Elmo. Thank God for Super Grover 2.0 though!

Are the Whatnot kits, and mini hand puppets the only things that have been released for the movie so far?

^^ I did have a whole set minus a few and the hard to find for a good price Zoot, But I decided to sell some and keep my favorites.

Did you guys see this article?
https://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=687868

I think it's silly. I did not get that at all in this movie.

Saw that clip yesterday and thought it was the stupidest thing I've seen in a long while. The blondie was the only one being reasonable.

However, over the years Sesame Street has become the Elmo Show. He's everywhere, in most skits pushing out awesome legendary regulars like Grover, Bert, Ernie, Two-Headed Monster, The Count, and my favorite Snuffleupagus.

Seriously, Elmo has overstayed his welcome and needs to go.
And that's why I can't stand Elmo. Big Bird was the original childish character that the kids could relate to in order to facilitate their learning. But he was likable (Elmo. . .not so much to a non-child), and didn't dominate the whole franchise.

^^ I did have a whole set minus a few and the hard to find for a good price Zoot, But I decided to sell some and keep my favorites.

Did you guys see this article?
https://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=687868

I think it's silly. I did not get that at all in this movie.
LOL at Fox News/Business.

That clip... just amazing. I'm SOOOOO glad Fox is around to protect the defenseless rich in our country. :clap :clap :clap

I have to say that I argee with most of the criticism around Elmo. He is over-used. Although BOTH of my kids favorite part of Sesame Street when they were growing up used to be Elmo's World. They would tune in only to the last 15-20 miuntes to catch it. They didn't like all of the drama brewing on the Street itself.

But at least it's an original character being performed by the original creator and it not some puppeteer trying to impersonate another performer's creation. Personally, I think that most of the charm has been drained from the original Sesame Street Muppets without Jim and Frank. Ernie and Bert just doesn't resonate anymore. After I saw my kids dismiss the classic characters in favor of Elmo, I began to show my kids the old sketches of Jim and Frank as Ernie and Bert. And they loved them just as much as Elmo's World. Go figure.

Also Cookie Monster's playful destructiveness has been toned down to making the character pretty much irrelevant.

And as for Big Bird... the original performer who created the spirit of that character is turning 78 this month. How much time is he actually able to wear the suit now?

And the music of Sesame Street doesn't matter as much anymore. When was the last time that a song from the Street broke out to the real world? And no, I don't count the wacky controversy of Katy Perry singing "Hot and Cold" with Elmo. I think the emphasis SS had on music, fun quality music of the '70's was also because of Jim since that emphasis and detail given to music carried over into "The Muppet Show" and the feature films.

There is a lot more "wrong" with Sesame Street than just Elmo.

Last edited:
Puppet-wise, yes.

I sure wish I had picked up those Sideshow busts 10 years ago...

I still regret having passed on the Palisades and the 1/1 puppets. Definitly will ge the expensive way next year when I have my new job. These are just so awesome...
I have all of the Palisades figures, with the exception of the super-rare party exclusives. I only have one Sideshow bust, but at least it is Kermit. However for the photo puppets, I have Gonzo and Animal, but not Kermit. :( I really wish I had bought those statues as well. They aren't very cheap on Ebay, unfortunately...

I agree with Protozaius in general. We bought my daughter the "Old School" Sesame Street DVD, and I'm hoping that will be the bulk of her exposure to the show until her classmates at school start pushing Elmo and nu-Sesame Street on her until she can't resist anymore.

Back