Agonistes' collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agonistes' collection *2017 Update - Death Star diorama & more*

First time I have looked at all these pages and have really enjoyed looking at them all. Such a wonderful collection and a pleasure to see all the WIP photos. Great stuff.

Thanks, guys. @firefighter, I always enjoy seeing WIP shots from other people, as it helps to understand how the things are built so you can learn, so I always try to take some myself as well. :)

----------------

And here my finished custom Nazgûl.
There's actually not that much left from the original Asmus version, only the hands, feet, vambraces and shin guards (optional as not visible), weapons, belt buckles, and "head" (to keep the hood up).

All the work I did:
  • switched the body to a knock off TT
  • replaced the belts with faux leather
  • modified the "head" slightly, increasing height
  • resculpted the left hand to be more splayed open (right splayed hand is still in the works as well, for different posing options)
  • repainted/weathered the feet, hands, & weapons
  • made a completely new costume from scratch and weathered it

IMG_7572_2_small.jpg

IMG_7563_2_small.jpg

IMG_7535_small.jpg

IMG_7540_small.jpg

Compared to original hand:
IMG_7515_small.jpg

The Gandalf is still WIP (e.g., still missing hair, beard too long, not weathered, etc.)
IMG_7560_2_small.jpg

And finally, compared to my earlier reworked version, where I only made him a new hood.
OLD:
IMG_2670_small.jpg

NEW:
IMG_7552_2_small.jpg

Re: Agonistes' collection *custom 1:6 Nazgûl*

Excellent work, what an improvement

Can we get an update Agnoistes? Would like to see Palps and Jedi Luke.

Wow, it's been almost 3 years to the day since I last updated this thread.
My main reason for updating is actually that my fiance and I bought our first own house together. We'll be moving in end of April, so I want to document my collection in its current state.

In our new house, I will have half of a large room dedicated to my collection. I'll share some concept drawings soon. However, we won't renovate that room until next year, as our finances are tied up for the more essential things right now. I'll still display my figures in the mean time, but in slightly less space.

My latest acquisition has been the 1:4 HT Vader, completing my 1:4 collection.

I was too lazy to dust the shelves, which I kinda regret looking at the photos. :lol Oh well, at least now the photos show the collection in a more honest way.

Enjoy!

IMG_1917_2_small.jpg

IMG_1928_3_small.jpg

IMG_1904_3_small.jpg

IMG_1952_2_small.jpg

IMG_1931_2_small.jpg

IMG_1938_2_small.jpg

IMG_1968_4_small.jpg

IMG_1976_2_small.jpg

IMG_1990_2_small.jpg

IMG_1983_2_small.jpg

IMG_1999_2_small.jpg

IMG_2009_3_small.jpg

Re: Agonistes' collection *2020 update*

Congrats again on the new house Yannick!!!
Looking forward to see your new display.

Look great ! Nice choice of pieces :). BTW why did the Photobuckets looks blury ?

Congrats again on the new house Yannick!!!
Looking forward to see your new display.

Thanks! It will be at least a year from now, but I'll share some drawings and mock-ups soon. This section is really dead though. :lol

Look great ! Nice choice of pieces :). BTW why did the Photobuckets looks blury ?

Thanks! Photobucket used to be a free hosting service. A few years ago, they changed to a payment-only service though. This basically caused this section to die out I think, as everybody used to use them. Old pictures are still hosted there, but apparently show up blurry now unless you pay up. I guess their old business model wasn't sustainable, which I get. It's still a pity though. I'm using the upload feature from this forum now as I never switched to a different hosting service.

Love how well maintained and how specific your character selection is. Didn?t go overboard and cluttered like me... lol that 1/4 Vader is incredible! The enterbay bats is the centerpiece in my collection but Vader really steals the spotlight right next to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love how well maintained and how specific your character selection is. Didn?t go overboard and cluttered like me... lol that 1/4 Vader is incredible! The enterbay bats is the centerpiece in my collection but Vader really steals the spotlight right next to him.

Thanks man. I check out your IG from time to time (still don't have it myself though), you got a lot of cool pieces. But I can see how that can get cluttered.
I still have big plans for the 1:4 Vader, remaking his mouth grill and weathering him up. Maybe even make a new robe. I won't be able to start it until I'm settled in the new house though.

Here are some drawings of the display I want to build in my new collection room. It'll still be a year until I start building, so many things might change. Would be open for feedback as well actually.
The death star window will be an ambitious project, but I'm loving the idea so much that I want to try to make it happen. I also have to track down an emperor's throne. I really should have gone for the deluxe immediately.

20200309_224832.jpg

20200310_004826.jpg

That?s so awesome! Love that setup and cool to see the blueprints of your idea. Why have just a single shadow box next to the door? I?d just get another detolf there but that?s why my room is so cluttered... haha

That?s so awesome! Love that setup and cool to see the blueprints of your idea. Why have just a single shadow box next to the door? I?d just get another detolf there but that?s why my room is so cluttered... haha

Thanks!
The shadow box is the Death Star diorama with ANH Darth Vader and the stormtroopers. On top, I'll make a sand dune base and display my two sandtroopers, with enough space for a third. Since it's supposed to be in the desert of Tatooine, I thought they need to be out in the open. Might have to have two spotlights pointing at them for that twin sun effect. :lol
So that wall area will essentially represent the original Star Wars for me. The imperial designs are my favorite visuals and really embody the movie for me, especially the gritty sandtroopers. Displaying the heroes doesn't really appeal to me actually, from any movie - ROTJ Luke being the only exception.

And another year passes since my last update.
Since moving in May last year, I still haven't set up my collection properly again, since my collection room is not ready. However, I have been quiet busy upgrading many of my SW figures, trying to get them as screen-accurate as possible. My starting point for most customs now is to get the proportions right, before starting on the details.

I finished ESB Vader, Palpatine, ROTJ Luke, & Maul.

IMG_4996_2_small.jpg

IMG_4912_2_small.jpg

IMG_5007_2_small.jpg

IMG_4553_3_small.jpg

IMG_4547_3_small.jpg

IMG_4925_2_small.jpg

IMG_4010_2_small.jpg

IMG_5039_3_small.jpg

IMG_5080_3_small.jpg

I started a custom thread if you want to see more pictures and the recipes: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238985&page=2

Currently I'm working on ESB Fett and new Stormtrooper buckets. Here some WIP shots:

IMG_5569_2_small.jpg

IMG_5674_small.jpg

And finally, I have refined my final display some more. I decided to go with more Detolfs after all so I have more space and the collection is safer (since we got 2 cats last year...).
Here's my current mock-up. I already bought the additional Detolfs, but won't build them until the room is ready, which hopefully will be in September this year.

index2.jpg

:clap ... great work!

May I ask what kind of paints you're using for your stormtrooper buckets? After a very, very long pause I'm re-starting work on mine.

So those are modified? They look fantastic. But if it takes customization to get SW figures looking that good I'm content to just live vicariously through other people's work.

:clap ... great work!

May I ask what kind of paints you're using for your stormtrooper buckets? After a very, very long pause I'm re-starting work on mine.

Thanks! I'm using tamiya spray paints. I primed them with light gray first. For the white, I'm using TS-26, glossy pure white.
However, it takes A LOT of paint (and/or I'm doing something wrong :lol). I have three buckets in total, and first started with one. One entire can was not enough to cover it fully.
Then I moved on to the other two with a new can, for which 1 can was now enough to get 3 layers on there. The picture above is after those layers, and you can see they are still rather gray. I'm doing a wet coat with a third can today, hopefully that will be enough to make them properly white.
This white is very glossy, and best matches the HT armor from what I can tell. I also got a TS-27 matt white, which is what I intend to use on the third bucket as the (hopefully) final wet coat, as I want to use that on a custom marmit Sandtrooper, so it should be less glossy.

So those are modified? They look fantastic. But if it takes customization to get SW figures looking that good I'm content to just live vicariously through other people's work.

Thanks! And yeah, they are all quite heavily modified. The HT often look great out of the box, but need some work if you want to get them to a level like this.

You can find more details in my custom thread linked above if you're interested, but in short, this is what I did with the figures:
  • Darth Vader: Combination of HT, SSC, kaiyodo and hurricane parts, with everything retailored, body modified, new robes & cape, parts repainted, etc.
  • Palpatine: repainted sculpt and hands, shortened cane.
  • Luke: heavily modified body, retailored suit, extended neck, slight paint touch-ups on sculpt.
  • Darth Maul: modified body, extended neck and repainted sculpt
  • Boba Fett (WIP): modified body, retailored and re-dyed suit, some medicom parts, many details modified (wookiee braids, jetpack, etc.), and I will repaint most of the armor.

Damn man, you were not kidding when you said screen accurate.
That Vader looks like a Movie test shot. Wow!

Love that Jedi Luke. Best one I've seen. Amazing job man.

Thanks! I'm using tamiya spray paints. I primed them with light gray first. For the white, I'm using TS-26, glossy pure white.
However, it takes A LOT of paint (and/or I'm doing something wrong :lol). I have three buckets in total, and first started with one. One entire can was not enough to cover it fully.
Then I moved on to the other two with a new can, for which 1 can was now enough to get 3 layers on there. The picture above is after those layers, and you can see they are still rather gray. I'm doing a wet coat with a third can today, hopefully that will be enough to make them properly white.
This white is very glossy, and best matches the HT armor from what I can tell. I also got a TS-27 matt white, which is what I intend to use on the third bucket as the (hopefully) final wet coat, as I want to use that on a custom marmit Sandtrooper, so it should be less glossy.

Thanks! I'll have to reference this soon...

Back