Agonistes' collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agonistes' collection *SS Batman, custom Darth Vader & Emperor*

love your work buddy
with your bane have you thought of using kids logic akuma
its a monster of a figure and with the right tweaking you could make it fantastic with your kills

Just a thought

love your work buddy
with your bane have you thought of using kids logic akuma
its a monster of a figure and with the right tweaking you could make it fantastic with your kills

Just a thought

Thanks. :)
I checked out the Akuma body, and while I like the size and bulk, the sculpting is too cartoony and exaggerated for me, and the joints are too prominent. Thanks a lot for the tip though, I didn't even have the figure on my radar.

Ideally I'd want something like in the shots below, that I took of the Mattel figure a few years ago, though with the head a bit bigger in proportion to the rest.

IMG_2961_2_2_small.png

IMG_2981_4_small.png

I finally got around to painting up my Erick Sosa/Ashkan/Tony Mei Jim Lee sculpt a few days ago. I absolutely love the sculpt, it captures the young cocky and ruthless Bats from All Star Batman perfectly.
I also modded the trunks a bit to get them flatter, so that the custom belt fits better. Everything else is stock.

IMG_2048_2_small.jpg

IMG_2045_2_small.jpg

IMG_2065_2_small.jpg

IMG_2055_2_small.jpg

IMG_2059_2_small.jpg

And I realized I never posted these pictures of my modded Vader in this thread, so here they are. Hopefully the HT Vader turns out well so that I can upgrade with their bodysuit and mask/dome.

IMG_1754_2_small.jpg

IMG_1761_2_small.jpg

IMG_1747_2_small.jpg

IMG_1741_2_small.jpg

IMG_1767_2_small.jpg

IMG_1769_2_small.jpg

IMG_1795_2_small.jpg

IMG_1798_2_small.jpg

Re: Agonistes' collection *custom Sideshow Batman*

your painting skills are amazing man, i would like to see more of it. and great update as always, congrats :)

Re: Agonistes' collection *custom Sideshow Batman*

your painting skills are amazing man, i would like to see more of it. and great update as always, congrats :)

Thanks a lot, Arian. Here's a sneak peek at a new custom Bats I'm currently working on (since a year actually, but I finally made some significant progress now and am actively working on him again):

IMG_2513_2_small.jpg

And I took some new shots of current Batman collection.

Made a custom cape for my Enterbay Bats (still one of my favorite figures):

IMG_2495_2_small.jpg

IMG_2487_2_small.jpg

IMG_2502_2_small.jpg

IMG_2505_2_small.jpg

These two are still WIP, as always :lol:

IMG_2507_2_small.jpg

And since selling my HT OC Batman, I decided to put one of my custom comic Batman on the gargoyle in the living room:

IMG_2478_3_small.jpg

IMG_2471_3_small.jpg

Re: Agonistes' collection *custom SS Batman / entire Batman collection update*

Awesome job on the recent custom work, Yannick!

Awesome job on the recent custom work, Yannick!

Thanks, Dane.

Just browsed through your awesome collection. Wonderful pieces all beautifully posed :clap

Thanks. :) I do take a long time getting the right poses for my figures, hence when I get a new item, I usually don't post shots in various different poses, but rather multiple shots of one pose, because it takes a while to find a pose I'm truely happy with.

Beautiful photos.

Thanks, Snake. I'm planning to buy a Macro lens soonish, I think I might get some nice collectible photos out of that as well.

Where did you get this Headsculpt from? I really want to do a comic Bane myself.

And I realized I never posted these pictures of my modded Vader in this thread, so here they are. Hopefully the HT Vader turns out well so that I can upgrade with their bodysuit and mask/dome.

IMG_1754_2_small.jpg

Damn, over a year with no update!

A lot of stuff happened last year, several new figures, sold some. I'll take some new collection pictures soon, will have Returns Batman coming in in a week or so.

First up, my Vader I finally finished today. Reading my post from Feb last year, I did actually end up getting the HT bodysuit. For the rest, I went a different route though, and got a kaiyodo set, which I started modifying and painting from scratch. A lot of work went into this Vader, but I'm very happy with the outcome. :) Comparing him to the shots above using the SSC parts, it's like night and day. The only SSC parts I'm using now are the belt, chestbox, hands (heavily modified), shoulder bells (modified), dome (modified), and the body (also very heavily modified).

I think he finally passes the man-in-a-suit test. :)

IMG_9287_2_small.jpg

IMG_9256_4_small.jpg

IMG_9261_3_small.jpg

IMG_9295_3_small.jpg

IMG_9238_3_small.jpg

IMG_9244_3_small.jpg

IMG_9249_3_small.jpg

IMG_9241_2_small.jpg

IMG_9235_2_small.jpg

IMG_9303_2_small.jpg

IMG_9323_2_small.jpg

One of a kind man, can't even tell what scale it is in some of those pics. Which cod piece did you use again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome Vader. :clap

Thanks. :)

One of a kind man, can't even tell what scale it is in some of those pics. Which cod piece did you use again?

Thanks again, man. The codpiece is SSC as well, which I believe I forgot to mention in the other thread.
I got in contact with mrs. hurricane, to see if I can get a better dome. Not that I'm unhappy with the current one, quite the contrary actually, but it would make it a notch more accurate.

Here's the full breakdown:

(all SSC refers to the V2 version)
Body: SSC, very heavily modified: midsection replaced with HT Truetype, overall dremeled heavily, arms shortened, some parts padded
Bodysuit: HT Vader, with inner seems trimmed to be thinner
Feet: SSC feet reduced to stumps, inside kaiyodo boots (to keep articulation)
Shin guards: kaiyodo, over custom faux leather boot sleeves
Codpiece: SSC, dremeled from inside to get thinner, and new strap added to attach
Belt: SSC
Chestbox: SSC
Chest armor: kaiyodo
Shoulder bells: SSC, modified to improve shape
Mask: kaiyodo, with SSC tusks, and SSC "head stump" inside to neck keep articulation
Dome: SSC, with skirt of dome shortened
Gloves: SSC hands with top and sleeve removed, back of hands sculpted over in milliput and painted black; sleeves made from SSC bodysuit (top) and faux leather (bottom)
Inner robe: made from scratch
Cape: made from scratch, with SSC chain added

Some more WIP shots from before:
IMG_6896_small.jpg

This was before I dremeled the legs and overall body some more, unfortunately I never took final shots of the body:
IMG_6848_2_small.jpg

IMG_9158_small.jpg

Re: Agonistes' collection *custom ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader (kaiyodo/HT/SSC)*

Awesome recipe! Love your solution for the boots/feet dilemma. Been a long time coming man, hope to finish mine soon.
Who's next?!

Re: Agonistes' collection *custom ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader (kaiyodo/HT/SSC)*

Awesome recipe! Love your solution for the boots/feet dilemma. Been a long time coming man, hope to finish mine soon.
Who's next?!

Looking forward to yours man, the hurricane mask should be killer.

And ha, good question! :lol

I have my eternal list of WIPs, which I work on whenever I get the motivation.

I'm still working on, or want to improve:
  • Marmit Sandtrooper: I stripped the weathering recently and want to do it myself from scratch, to match the HT Sandie
  • SSC Deadpool: Bulk up arms
  • Darth Maul: Make boots (I'll probably hold out for the new SSC version for now to see how those turn out, since my attempts so far weren't satisfactory)
  • Comic Bane: Build a belt from scratch, though I also want to replace the body with something bigger, which currently is not on the market yet (hoping to use the PCS Street Fighter body if the price is alright)
  • Comic Joker: Weather him up, possibly add Arkham decal to straitjacket
  • Asmus Nazgul: Weather him up, possibly redo the hood from scratch again using better fabric
  • Ledger Joker: Add real hair
  • Armored Batman (own design): Lots to do, mainly painting, some building, though I have all the parts here that I need

Aside from the armored Batman, all of them are out on display and it's rather improvements I want to do. It's actually nice to spell it out like that, never did that before. Perhaps that makes it easier to work off my list now.

I should be getting the Returns Batman in around a week, it's going to be refreshing to get one I don't need to modify. :lol

Back