Agonistes' collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I'll have to reference this soon...

Just a note: after two wet coats of the TS-26, the buckets are now properly covered. The white is slightly different than the HT armor though - it's more of a pure white, whereas the HT has some yellow/eggshell tint in it. Not sure yet how it will look after painting the details and weathering.

And the 'walking' pose might aswell be David Prowse in the 1:1 suit.

That's quite a compliment, thanks. :)

Some more shots of Vader:

IMG_4862_4_small.jpg

IMG_5026_2_small.jpg

IMG_4945_2_small.jpg

IMG_4983_2_small.jpg

A bit of a different collection shot this time. I'm starting the renovation of my collection room soon (along with 2 other rooms in the house), so I had to box everything up for safekeeping. I decided to put it in the bedroom for now, as that's the room that will be most dust proof during the rebuild. :lol
This is about 98% of my current collection - I was glad to see that this fit in this spare closet we had.

Next update will hopefully be later this year when I start building the new display. :yess:

IMG_6888_2_small.jpg

It's slowly becoming time that I can update this thread again. I nearly finished renovating the collection/workshop/home office room, so I'm starting to set up my collection again.

First up is a shelf above my desk for some smaller scale figures. I decided that the Detolfs will be 1/6 and 1/4 only, so these needed their own spot.
Just having some figures back on display makes me so incredibly happy. Especially since none of these except for the Alien have been on "proper" display yet. Spawn and Tokka I got while I had my temporary display up beginning of 2021, and Jason and ED-209 I got while the room was still a big construction site. I also got a custom cape for Spawn over summer, which I mixed with the sculpted cowl and shoulder part.

IMG_7970_3_small.jpg

IMG_7983_2_small.jpg

IMG_7977_2_small.jpg

It's happy to finally be able to share my new setup! It's been a long time in the making and a lot of planning went into it, and I'm incredibly happy with how it turned out.

I'm still not completely finished - I'll add lights on top as well - but that might still take some time.
I'm using Detolfs on top of two Besta cabinets, with white Luke Lights, brackets with diffusers from amazon cut to length for each individual shelf, and frosted plastic sheets cut to size on top of each glass shelf, to decrease transparency and emphasize each cube some more.

Enjoy!

IMG_8304_2_small.jpg

IMG_8318_2_small.jpg

IMG_8313_2_small.jpg

IMG_8255_2_small.jpg

IMG_8208_2_small.jpg

IMG_8216_3_small.jpg

IMG_8211_2_small.jpg

IMG_8200_3_small.jpg

IMG_8239_3_small.jpg

IMG_8231_2_small.jpg

IMG_8197_3_small.jpg

IMG_8262_3_small.jpg

IMG_8268_2_small.jpg

IMG_8246_4_small.jpg

IMG_8248_3_small.jpg

IMG_8270_2_small.jpg

IMG_8279_2_small.jpg

IMG_8290_2_small.jpg
IMG_8295_3_small.jpg

IMG_8185_2_small.jpg

IMG_8301_2_small.jpg

IMG_8179_3_small.jpg

Elegancy to the core. A place to just feel happy in, and surrounded by. Just what I also want.
Thanks and congrats, Agoniste. Moviemaking history in a few cabinets.

Are the huge eagle bases self-made?
What brands are the 1/4s?

Thx

Elegancy to the core. A place to just feel happy in, and surrounded by. Just what I also want.
Thanks and congrats, Agoniste. Moviemaking history in a few cabinets.

Are the huge eagle bases self-made?
What brands are the 1/4s?

Thx
Thanks! My wife actually calls Star Wars and my collection my happy place. So with this room I'm trying to build a physical happy place.
Here's my view from the hammock that's standing across the room. On the right are my desks and workbench, where I work from home and can work on customs.

IMG_8349_2_small.jpg

The eagle bases were custom made by Tony Ford (a guy in the UK) about 10 years ago. I actually got #1 back then. Just last year, somebody was selling another one in a Facebook BST group, so I decided to jump on it.
The 1:4 T-800 and Batman are by Enterbay, Vader is Hot Toys, and Leonardo is NECA.

If memory serves I was almost going to buy one of those Eagle bases here on this forum - for my Batman Begins figure. I backed out because I was seriously overstretching myself at the time, trying to collect too much. Man I must have been really annoying to sellers then. Expressing interest and not following through.

If memory serves I was almost going to buy one of those Eagle bases here on this forum - for my Batman Begins figure. I backed out because I was seriously overstretching myself at the time, trying to collect too much. Man I must have been really annoying to sellers then. Expressing interest and not following through.
Yeah they were supposed to be limited to 100, but somehow I have the memory that that number was never reached. It was also the most I had ever spent on a collectible at that point, but I'm glad that I got it as it really makes for a great display piece.
I also got it for the HT Batman Begins, who was on top of it until I sold him in 2014, after realizing how outdated he started to become (it still baffles me by the way that a) it's being reissued and b) people are actually excited about it).

I love your new collection, looks so classy

If I were to redo my collection I'd probably copy you, I have white pax at the moment which is nowhere near as classy looking

Are those frosted glass shelves?

Edit: just noticed you said they are plastic frosted sheets

Do you have more info on your lighting setup? I don't like most strip lights that have too few leds so create lots of shadows, but yours look amazing

Last edited:
I love your new collection, looks so classy

If I were to redo my collection I'd probably copy you, I have white pax at the moment which is nowhere near as classy looking

Are those frosted glass shelves?

Edit: just noticed you said they are plastic frosted sheets

Do you have more info on your lighting setup? I don't like most strip lights that have too few leds so create lots of shadows, but yours look amazing
Thanks man!

For the shelves, I bought these frosted A3 cover sheets intended for binding documents. I just had to cut them slightly to fit the shelves: link 1.
I got the idea last year when I was looking into modifying the Detolfs. Somebody who made a double Detolf used plastic shelves, which he sanded to get a frosted look. I loved that idea, as it isolates each cube, which highlights each figure some more since you can't see the other figures' head or feet when looking through. But it does let some light through, so it doesn't darken it unnecessarily.

For the lights, I'm using the white Luke lights: link 2.
I contacted them before ordering so they custom made the two sets for the 3 shelf Detolfs.

I installed the lights with angled brackets with diffusers. Luke light also sells them, but I got them cheaper here: link 3.
I had to do some cutting to size, but that in turn allowed me to get each length exactly as I needed it. The angle ensures the entire cube is lit up, and the diffuser softens the light somewhat.

Thanks man!

For the shelves, I bought these frosted A3 cover sheets intended for binding documents. I just had to cut them slightly to fit the shelves: link 1.
I got the idea last year when I was looking into modifying the Detolfs. Somebody who made a double Detolf used plastic shelves, which he sanded to get a frosted look. I loved that idea, as it isolates each cube, which highlights each figure some more since you can't see the other figures' head or feet when looking through. But it does let some light through, so it doesn't darken it unnecessarily.

For the lights, I'm using the white Luke lights: link 2.
I contacted them before ordering so they custom made the two sets for the 3 shelf Detolfs.

I installed the lights with angled brackets with diffusers. Luke light also sells them, but I got them cheaper here: link 3.
I had to do some cutting to size, but that in turn allowed me to get each length exactly as I needed it. The angle ensures the entire cube is lit up, and the diffuser softens the light somewhat.
That's really helpful, I will look into diffusers and your links, very much appreciated!

:rock

what a great collection and set up man! i love the lights and may have to order some for my detolfs as well.

your work definitely payed off! :rock

Yeah they were supposed to be limited to 100, but somehow I have the memory that that number was never reached. It was also the most I had ever spent on a collectible at that point, but I'm glad that I got it as it really makes for a great display piece.
I also got it for the HT Batman Begins, who was on top of it until I sold him in 2014, after realizing how outdated he started to become (it still baffles me by the way that a) it's being reissued and b) people are actually excited about it).
How much for the 1st and the 2nd? How long ago?
Thx

Back