Agonistes' collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agonistes' collection *custom Marmit Stormtrooper* *DX13 T-800* *DX11 Joker repai

After a couple of months of work, I finally finished my Part III Jason yesterday, and I'm really happy with the way he came out. :)
The only thing that bothers me a bit are the pants, I would still like to get some lighter grey ones, but no luck so far. Trying to bleach the pants didn't work, and I didn't want to risk doing it a second time. The legs of the DAM body are also a bit awkward to pose and don't look perfect, but I'll leave those as is for the time being.
I also still want to make a real metal machete, although that's still a ways off. And I'd like an axe for alternate posing options, but I haven't found a right one, yet. If anybody has suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Here's the full recipe:

Sculpt and mask: Betomatali
Chevrons: 8-bit commando (thanks a lot for supplying these)
Straps and rivets on mask: self-made with faux leather (adjustable) and nailheads
Body: DAM toys tall, with more muscles sculpted on the arms and calves with milliput, and padded out at chest, stomach, shoulders, back, and upper thighs
Hands: SS Part III Jason (thanks to EVILFACE for these)
Shirt: "Soldier Airman" clothing set, from ebay; nailhead buttons added on the outside, and magnets added inside for opening and closing
Pants: Wild Toys gray chino pants, bleached slightly
White vest: MC Toys white vest, but and restitched in the back
Boots: DID black combat boots, from ebay
Machete: SS Part VI Jason
Paint and weathering: all by myself (thanks to Seb for tips on how to paint the sculpt)

On to the pictures. :)

IMG_8330_2_small.jpg

IMG_8301_2_small.jpg

IMG_8305_2_small.jpg

IMG_8307_2_small.jpg

IMG_8311_2_small.jpg

IMG_8331_2_small.jpg

IMG_8318_2_small.jpg

IMG_8315_2_small.jpg

IMG_8321_2_small.jpg

IMG_8291_2_small.jpg

IMG_8346_2_small.jpg

And some shots of the body underneath, showing all the sculpting and padding:

IMG_8280_2_small.jpg

IMG_8286_2_small.jpg

IMG_8287_2_small.jpg

Re: Agonistes' collection *finished custom Part III Jason Voorhees*

Fantastic work, looks excellent. :rock

Very nice! Would love me some Freddy and Jason 1/6th figures.

Also, just saw your Jim Lee Batman :horror Looks amazing. And you Neo as well :monkey5

Fantastic work, looks excellent. :rock

Thanks, man.

WOW! Impressive Job and Post, Agonisties my Friend

Thanks, C. Always nice of you to stop by in here. :)

Very nice! Would love me some Freddy and Jason 1/6th figures.

Also, just saw your Jim Lee Batman :horror Looks amazing. And you Neo as well :monkey5

Thanks! Those are all my 100% self-bashed/painted customs. :)

Re: Agonistes' collection *custom Marmit Stormtrooper* *DX13 T-800* *DX11 Joker repai

Holy ****, that is perfection!!!! :bow

Thanks, Dane. I futzed some more with his pose since then though, especially the neck and shoulders, and padded out his legs a bit more. :) I just need to find the time to finish his axe to round him off.

--------------------------------------------

On another note, I finally received my Darth Vader, seemingly being the last one to do so. :lol
I have yet to do any modifcations, but he's already great fresh out of the box IMO. It was about time I added a 1:6 Vader to my collection, and he doesn't disappoint. :)
Here are some quick shots. Next to the Stormtrooper (the way he's displayed now), I actually don't mind his current height.

IMG_8620_3_small2.jpg

IMG_8638_2_small2.jpg

IMG_8640_2_small.jpg

IMG_8628_2_small.jpg

(Don't mind the boots on Maul, they are still a work in progress.)

Re: Agonistes' collection *custom Jason Voorhees * Darth Vader DX*

Great looking collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on Vader, Yannick! :clap

Great-looking marmit. Are the feet hollow? How did you articulate them? I see you separated them from the shins.

Great-looking marmit. Are the feet hollow? How did you articulate them? I see you separated them from the shins.

Thanks. :) The marmit feet are hollow yes, but the inside is too small for a 1:6 foot. I removed the toes from some TT feet, and dremeled them down a bit until they fit. You also have to heat up the marmit boot feet to fit the TT feet in more easily.

Ok. Got it. Thanks bud.

I'm loving the poses you've done on the star wars figures and on Jason. I'm not much into star wars or horror movies, but looking at your work I just can see passion. How you've changed the body on Jason, and how you're posing them makes the HUGE difference. I'm really enjoying looking at it, you've made them look like real. Especially Jason is creepy goooood :)

I'm loving the poses you've done on the star wars figures and on Jason. I'm not much into star wars or horror movies, but looking at your work I just can see passion. How you've changed the body on Jason, and how you're posing them makes the HUGE difference. I'm really enjoying looking at it, you've made them look like real. Especially Jason is creepy goooood :)

Missed your comment last time. Thanks a lot, Arian, that means a lot. :)

-------------

And it's been way too long since I updated here. I will take some updated shots of my whole collection soon as well, it's about time. And currently I don't have as many WIP projects as usual, so my Detolfs look sleaker. :lol
For now, here are some projects I worked on during the last few months.

For my custom Jason, I wanted to have an axe instead of the machete. Unfortunately, there was no accurate 1:6 axe except for custom versions, so I decided to make my own. I got a cheap 1:6 firefighter axe from ebay and heavily modified it by dremeling parts away, sculpting a new form with milliput, and then painting the whole thing. I'm quite happy with the result.

Original (stock photo):
mw-AG2YvtUVXHHJ84EOMZTg.jpg

WIP:
IMG_8787_2_small.jpg

Finished:
IMG_8793_2_small.jpg

IMG_8799_2_small.jpg

I don't think I ever posted pictures of the new glove sleeves I made for Maul with thinner faux leather, and since I like his current pose, here's a shot. The boots are still in the beginning stages/WIP, I should really work on those again.

IMG_0627_2_small.jpg

And finally I got the great custom MJ Choi Joker sculpt and painted it myself during the last week. I will probably add some more black smear above his right eye, other than that he's done. His neck seems a tiny bit too long in the shots, I think I can get rid of that by futzing the shirt collar a bit more. I just popped on the sculpt for the shots.

IMG_0696_2_small.jpg

IMG_0703_2_small.jpg

Re: Agonistes' collection *custom Jason * painted MJ Choi Joker sculpt *

Wow! You're collection is amazing! There's a lot of passion is your pics, keep it up!

I love that Maul, and excellent work on that Joker paint-up! :clap

Wow! You're collection is amazing! There's a lot of passion is your pics, keep it up!

Thanks, man. I'm glad that's visible in my shots. :) I only get about 3 figures per year, but since I always modify them in some way, I spend quite some time on my collection. Out of all my figures I currently have, only my 1:4 Enterbays, and one single 1:6 figure (HT DX10 Terminator) are completely stock, the rest have been modified in some form, from small paint touch ups, all the way to building them myself from scratch (with painting, sculpting, and sewing involved). I basically always try to upgrade my figures if possible, within my budget, as there is no such thing as a "perfect" figure to me (at least I've never seen it).

I love that Maul, and excellent work on that Joker paint-up! :clap

Thanks Dane, I am quite happy with the Joker paint as well. It's definitely my best 1:6 eye work to date.
For the Maul, there's currently a new angry sculpt being worked on that I will definitely get. I don't think it will completely replace my current sculpt as I really love it, but it will be nice to have the option of alternating between an evil stare and full blown hatred. :lol

Back