Agonistes' collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agonistes' collection *custom Jim Lee Batman*

Some shots of my new DX11 pose, decided to dedicate a whole shelf to him for the time being. I was thinking about selling the interrogation stuff before, but I quite like the seated pose with table, it adds some variety to my display.

IMG_2797_2_small.jpg

IMG_2818_2_small.jpg

IMG_2822_3.jpg

IMG_2805_2_small2.jpg

I finally "finished" my custom Jim Lee Batman that I've been working on on and off for the past two years. I say "finished" because I think this figure will never truly be finished, there will always be something that I want to change or improve. But he's finally at a stage where I'm happy and satisfied with him, and there's nothing incomplete about him anymore. :) Enjoy the shots.

IMG_2703_3_small.jpg

IMG_2708_2_small.jpg

IMG_2773_4_small.jpg

IMG_2774_2_small.jpg

IMG_2782_2_small.jpg

IMG_2789_2_small.jpg

And a random portrait shot of the (stock) DX11 Joker.

IMG_2792_3_small.jpg

Just amazing bro, the best Jim Lee custom Batman in my opinion, big congrats:) Can you give some details about the process of making it? I appreciate if you will:)

Awesome collection! Where did you get all the money for the bank robber joker? Cheers

I finally "finished" my custom Jim Lee Batman that I've been working on on and off for the past two years. I say "finished" because I think this figure will never truly be finished, there will always be something that I want to change or improve. But he's finally at a stage where I'm happy and satisfied with him, and there's nothing incomplete about him anymore. :) Enjoy the shots.

IMG_2703_3_small.jpg

IMG_2708_2_small.jpg

IMG_2773_4_small.jpg

IMG_2774_2_small.jpg

IMG_2782_2_small.jpg

IMG_2789_2_small.jpg

And a random portrait shot of the (stock) DX11 Joker.

IMG_2792_3_small.jpg

Wow!
This is amazing man.
Great job. :clap

Just amazing bro, the best Jim Lee custom Batman in my opinion, big congrats:) Can you give some details about the process of making it? I appreciate if you will:)

Thanks a lot man. It was a long road to finally get him like this, but with all the parts available on here from so many talented customizers, I was able to put him together how I envisioned him. Here's the recipe, which I also posted in my customs thread here.

Sculpt: by Erick Sosa, with neck removed and repainted
Upper body: ACI Andrew, with sculpted on traps and thicker neck
Lower body: TT advanced with sculpted on calf muscles
Hands: HT Demon Batman, repainted
Boots: by ashkanls, painted
Bodysuit: by Moe, resewn a bit
Cape, trunks, boot and glove sleeves: Tony Meis
Belt: HT 89 Batman (just the yellow belt underneath), repainted
Belt buckle and capsules: by Mike5401, painted
Bat emblem: EVILFACE decal, design by myself

I REALLY dig this setup, very nice. :clap

Thanks man. My girlfriend always comments how every figure is in the same exact pose, so I thought I'd try something different with Joker. It's funny that my comic Joker is the only other figure I have that isn't standing upright with at least one arm at his side. I guess it just suits the character.

that jim lee batman is beautiful

Thanks. :wave

Awesome collection! Where did you get all the money for the bank robber joker? Cheers

Thanks. I made the money you see on the front page with BR Joker myself, i.e., printed, cut, and glued everything myself. I sold that with my BR Joker over a year ago, though. You can see the latest update of my full collection on page 29 (here) if you haven't seen it yet. A few figures have changed since then though. I should take some new pictures soon, actually.

Wow!
This is amazing man.
Great job. :clap

Thanks Fernando. :wave

Great update yannick. Awesome Jim Lee and a great setup with Joker. I'll have to finally open the box of mine and set him up now.

Cut the crap Yannick and tell me how you take such awesome pictures! :tap

Seriously, your Joker pics are so amazing! Loving the Jim Lee Batman too. :clap

Great update yannick. Awesome Jim Lee and a great setup with Joker. I'll have to finally open the box of mine and set him up now.

Thanks man. The DX11 Joker really is great, I love the sculpt. I have a second sculpt here that I want to repaint slightly, but so far I haven't felt the need to do so.

Cut the crap Yannick and tell me how you take such awesome pictures! :tap

Seriously, your Joker pics are so amazing! Loving the Jim Lee Batman too. :clap

Thanks, Hector. For the Joker shots, I can't really tell you much how to take them. I took them at night with no additional lights other than the regular one in my room, and the Dioders. Didn't use a tripod either, just snapped them with the cam in my hands. For the color and contrast correction I just use the program the cam came with (Digital Photo Professional).

I finally got the motivation to finish my Marmit Stormtrooper last week that I've had for over a year. The spark was finally getting a proper bodysuit off ebay, as they one it came with was aweful. I also made a custom fully functional holster out of faux leather, tried to make it as accurate as possible (except for the 2 small straps holding the holster, which are supposed to be beige, was I preferred black). In the end, I glossed his armor with pledge wax.

Here's the full recipe that I ended up using:

Armor and helmet: Marmit Stormtrooper
Body: old TT, with arms and legs sanded down to fit the armor
Hands: Sideshow GI Joe Cobra Viper, with Marmit armor added
Blaster: Sideshow Stormtrooper
Holster: made from scratch
Bodysuit: from ebay (originally intended for a Clone Trooper)

The Sandtrooper is still a WIP. I thought I was done with him a long time ago, but Seb's recent foray into Star Wars sparked my desire to repaint the armor completely and get rid of those Mr. Hankey stains. I also already made a holster for him, and have an ammo pouch that I still need to dye and attach.
Enjoy the pictures. :)

IMG_3379_2_small.jpg

IMG_3370_2_small.jpg

IMG_3374_2_small.jpg

IMG_3385_2_small.jpg

IMG_3376_2_small.jpg

IMG_3391_2_small.jpg

IMG_3402_2_small.jpg

Re: Agonistes' collection *custom Marmit Stormtrooper*

Those are some sexy, sexy troopers. :rock Your work has definitely paid off!

Been a while since I updated my thread.

First off, I finally got around to repainting my spare DX11 sculpt. While I think the original paint is technically great, I don't really like the colors. The colors just don't "pop" like they should. The white, red, and green are not bright enough, everything is too muted for my taste.
I didn't go with any specific scene for the makeup, just did what I liked.
Let me know what you think. :)

IMG_7584_2_small.jpg

IMG_7588_2_small.jpg

IMG_7592_2_small.jpg

IMG_7597_2_small.jpg

IMG_7602_2_small.jpg

IMG_7608_2_small.jpg

Some random new shots of my DX10 since posing him in his Galeria setup again:

IMG_7616_2_small.jpg

IMG_7628_2_small.jpg

IMG_7618_2_small.jpg

And finally, my new acquisition, the DX13. Beautiful figure, already one of my favorites. Having a proper version of him in the steel mill scanning pose has been my dream since getting the McFarlane version in 2001. And since collection 1:6 for about 8 years, this has been the #1 figure on my wishlist. It truly is a dream come true. :)

IMG_7532_3_small.jpg

IMG_7638_4_small.jpg

Congrats on the DX13, Yannick! You achieved the 'scanning' pose perfectly. How did you get the right arm bent at such an acute angle? I was having trouble with that, and it makes a huge difference in selling the pose, imo. I think I'm going to have to try that pose again with mine, using yours as reference. :)

The Joker repaint looks excellent as well! :clap

Re: Agonistes' collection *custom Marmit Stormtrooper* *DX13 T-800* *DX11 Joker repai

Love that Joker repaint - I think the whiter make up really helps.

Re: Agonistes' collection *custom Marmit Stormtrooper* *DX13 T-800* *DX11 Joker repai

Congrats on the DX13, Yannick! You achieved the 'scanning' pose perfectly. How did you get the right arm bent at such an acute angle? I was having trouble with that, and it makes a huge difference in selling the pose, imo. I think I'm going to have to try that pose again with mine, using yours as reference. :)

The Joker repaint looks excellent as well! :clap

Thanks man. If you are still having troubles with the posing, I can take some more shots from different angles if you'd like, maybe that helps.

Love that Joker repaint - I think the whiter make up really helps.

Thanks. :) The faint white on the original was what also bothered me most.

WOW! great update bro!

Back