ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ringwraiths seem to be as follows:

regular edition 1 = Witch King style armour, Witch King sword and morgul blade.

regular edition 2 = Witch King style armour, Witch King sword, regular sword and morgul blade

Special edition = regular armour (generic wraith armour, possibly Khamul), regular sword and morgul blade. This armour matches the wraith which looks for the hobbits under the tree - as does his sword.

The packaging has an empty space for the missing sword.

Ah cool, thanks for all that. Which one should I be keeping do you think?
as it appears I have one with all swords and smoother foot armor and then two without out sword and more paneled armor?

I have two to sell on and an Aragorn Special Version too all MIB. So if anybody here that's in the UK wants these. Hit me up. :)

Just got my two and something is missing!

Luckily just the "Exclusive" sticker on the box. ;)

Have to say, I'm extremely impressed with Animarket and will use them again. The shipping was high to Canada, but still worked out to be much less than if I'd bought from BBTS, and there were no taxes or duties on package. :) Can't remember the last time I just signed for something and didn't have to pay.

Also, both came with all three swords AND I also received two of the pillars. They look much cooler in person and I think I likely will put them on display with the Wraiths. Wraiths themselves are awesome. Very, very happy with them and will get a last, regular one from BBTS sometime in the future to complete the set. Really pleased that I stuck with LOTR and didn't ditch the license, like I originally intended.

Just got my two and something is missing!

Luckily just the "Exclusive" sticker on the box. ;)

Have to say, I'm extremely impressed with Animarket and will use them again. The shipping was high to Canada, but still worked out to be much less than if I'd bought from BBTS, and there were no taxes or duties on package. :) Can't remember the last time I just signed for something and didn't have to pay.

Also, both came with all three swords AND I also received two of the pillars. They look much cooler in person and I think I likely will put them on display with the Wraiths. Wraiths themselves are awesome. Very, very happy with them and will get a last, regular one from BBTS sometime in the future to complete the set. Really pleased that I stuck with LOTR and didn't ditch the license, like I originally intended.

Great to hear. Congrats!

Really pleased that I stuck with LOTR and didn't ditch the license, like I originally intended.

:clap

Love to see some pics once futzed. I really like the sharp detail on the armor on these. And of course, no head seam.

Since you have 2 ACI wraiths, maybe get 1 Asmus just so they are all different: 1x ACI WK, 1x ACI reg Naz, 1x Asmus Naz

I actually picked-up 2 of the exclusives (regular armoured/sword Wraiths) with the intention of displaying with Asmus' Morgul Lord, but then decided I preferred the hooded look over Morgul's helm (much as I think the figure looks amazing). I reluctantly sold him and will be putting the money towards ACI's Morgul Lord version Wraith (still tons left for pre-order at BBTS), so that I have both versions of the diecast armour. Looking forward to comparing them in-hand. Once I do get everything set-up, I will definitely be taking some pics!

I actually picked-up 2 of the exclusives (regular armoured/sword Wraiths) with the intention of displaying with Asmus' Morgul Lord, but then decided I preferred the hooded look over Morgul's helm (much as I think the figure looks amazing). I reluctantly sold him and will be putting the money towards ACI's Morgul Lord version Wraith (still tons left for pre-order at BBTS), so that I have both versions of the diecast armour. Looking forward to comparing them in-hand. Once I do get everything set-up, I will definitely be taking some pics!

Ah. Good plan.

I'm not sure if anyone has actually photographed the difference between the two variant armors and what exact is different. I would love to see that at some point.

I just ordered an Asmus steed from BBTS just to go with this guy. Will let you guys know how it goes when the steed shows up.

I also have pics of the two armors for comparison on my home PC (@work rt now). The differences are only with the feet/shins & gauntlets if I remember correctly. Hard to notice, a casual viewer wouldn't even see the difference.

That said, I do have the LE on order, can't pass up on these!

Cool, Reefer. Looking forward to some comparison pics between the two armours, if you get the chance to post them. Also curious the about Ringwraith with Asmus' steed. Think I'd figure out some kind of custom stand for the horse to make it more stable, but let us know how you make out!

I have the Asmus steed and Nazgul set as well as the ACI regular Ringwraith. I think the ACI robes and hood look better, though a bit much on the fraying. The steed can hold the ACI ringwraith well, but the feet are smaller than Asmus's. The grips from the saddle can't hold the feet very well.

DSC_0235.JPG

DSC_0237.JPG

Many thanks for the photos, Stephan! Nice to finally see Morgul Lord with the ACI Ringwraith, plus the steed. Everything looks great side-by-side.

I have the Asmus steed and Nazgul set as well as the ACI regular Ringwraith. I think the ACI robes and hood look better, though a bit much on the fraying. The steed can hold the ACI ringwraith well, but the feet are smaller than Asmus's. The grips from the saddle can't hold the feet very well.
Thanks for the pics! I got the Steed ordered. I'll get ACI Ringwraith then.
I hope Steed's leg joints are strong enough.

Back