2012 1/6 Figure of the Year - Part 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2012 1/6 Figure of the Year

• DX09 Batman

Votes: 63 35.0%
  • DX08 Joker

Votes: 14 7.8%
  • DX07 Luke Skywalker

Votes: 43 23.9%
  • Samurai Predator

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • Red Skull

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Hawkeye

• Boba Fett

• Rescue Cap

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • DX12 Batman

Votes: 27 15.0%
  • Lt. Jim Gordon

Votes: 6 3.3%

• Total voters
You either forgot about Iron Monger or you know anything about high end Action figures. I will reserve my vote for a proper poll. :exactly:

Last edited:
Honestly - out of the current list, the first three should stay, & the rest wiped. :lol :monkey3

I'll concede the Predator is a pretty full on piece though.. & while I have no interest in it, I guess it's worthy of contention too.

Hey guys, lots of amazing cars out this year. Too many to count, I narrowed the choices down to 10. Let's vote on it.

Here are the nominees:

-BMW M5
-BMW X3
-BMW Z4
-BMW 650i
-BMW 335i
-BMW 7501
-Toyota Camry
-BMW 135i
-BMW 328i
-BMW M3

Hmmmm...tough call. Does the Camry come with PERS?

For me DX12 and DX09 Batman were about neck and neck. There's no question Hot Toys absolutely nailed Keaton and it's understandable why he gets top billing here. But I ended up picking the DX12 because I felt the outfit and articulation were fully realized, where as the DX09 only got the cosmetics of the suit right (But paid for that with limited range of posing). That and I believe the DX12 will likely enjoy a longer lifespan on the suit because it's not all rubber.

:lol So true.

People confuse favorite with best. They are different things.

While I think this is true I think, for me, I'm fairly objective when it comes to something like this. Yeah, Im a Batman fan and yeah I still think the DX09 is the best figure of the year. From likeness, and sheer presence alone. I think it's a stunning figure. But I think the DX06 is the best Hot Toys figure made thus far and Im not even a POTC fan. Yeah I guess like the first film well enough but I don't need to own it on blu-ray or anything. It's just about a perfect figure. The likeness, the outfit, accessories, base and, again, it's sheer presence. It's going to be hard to top imo.

While I think this is true I think, for me, I'm fairly objective when it comes to something like this. Yeah, Im a Batman fan and yeah I still think the DX09 is the best figure of the year. From likeness, and sheer presence alone. I think it's a stunning figure. But I think the DX06 is the best Hot Toys figure made thus far and Im not even a POTC fan. Yeah I guess like the first film well enough but I don't need to own it on blu-ray or anything. It's just about a perfect figure. The likeness, the outfit, accessories, base and, again, it's sheer presence. It's going to be hard to top imo.

:lecture:exactly:

DX09 is definitely a stunner if you have it in your collection. I remember when I first got it and I had put it in front of the rest of my collection which was roughly a dozen 1/6 figs and the complete black and pointed cowl eclipsed everything so much that my eyes just couldn't see the rest of my collection and it's still like that today :yess:

And it was my first DX! :peace

But overall, the best thing every released by HT is without a doubt Jack Sparrow like Fiend said. The tailoring is earth-shattering, the whole package is a grand slam.

Like I said.. the first three on this list should stay. :lol

I can see leaving Luke in there but Joker they definitely missed the likeness. :dunno

I'm still glad I own him but I've seen customs around here that were much more Jack looking.

Maybe they can redeem themselves with a melty face artist DX release.

I actually agree on the eyebrows.. I brought that up a while back.

The point was generally made thereafter though, that it's HT's take on the Joker himself, not so much Jack in make up.

It's a fair enough point if you think about it.

I actually agree on the eyebrows.. I brought that up a while back.

The point was generally made thereafter though, that it's HT's take on the Joker himself, not so much Jack in make up.

It's a fair enough point if you think about it.

It's a more sinister looking version based on the material. It's a great figure and any Batman fan I would implore to grab it.

Maybe the 2.0 of this Joker will come with a beach chair, sunglasses, seagull and brand XSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

4kb81g.jpg

DX 09 Keaton '89 Batman for me, definitely. It's one of my favorite figures in my collection. I don't have Iron Monger, but man, it looks incredible. That's probably 1st or 2nd. The Obidiah sculpt, the mechanics, the lights, the size, it looks great.

But yeah, DX 09 Batman. Great headsculpt, cool, accurate accessories (some of which aren't even in the film, but behind the scenes/concepts) and just a fantastic figure all around.

Only gripe is that ugly panel on the back of the head. Other than that? Perfect. Figure of 2012.

1108252048dd96d47094be5bfc.jpg

11082520467aae1bfd442c6ee4.jpg

11082520502d7622154cdaca7e.jpg

Last edited:
I voted for Luke DX 07. My first Hot Toys figure, my favourite toy already.

Back