2012 1/6 Figure of the Year - Part 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2012 1/6 Figure of the Year

• DX09 Batman

Votes: 63 35.0%
  • DX08 Joker

Votes: 14 7.8%
  • DX07 Luke Skywalker

Votes: 43 23.9%
  • Samurai Predator

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • Red Skull

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Hawkeye

• Boba Fett

• Rescue Cap

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • DX12 Batman

Votes: 27 15.0%
  • Lt. Jim Gordon

Votes: 6 3.3%

• Total voters
So of these i voted for Samurai pred, that looks above and beyond on all others on the list for detail and execution. Other than nostalgia i don't get why Bats is winning, he's nothing difficult to build in design and doesn't even have a hs

I voted for him not because he is a difficult figure to produce with a high degree of details, but because the execution was perfect. There's nothing more you could ask for for an '89 Batman.

Luke Skywalker was a close second for me for almost the exact same reason, plus all the cool other goodies he came with.

So of these i voted for Samurai pred, that looks above and beyond on all others on the list for detail and execution. Other than nostalgia i don't get why Bats is winning, he's nothing difficult to build in design and doesn't even have a hs

DX09 is winning because it looks like Michael Keaton under that cowl, not to mention the cowl looks spot on, everything actually looks spot on with the perfect amount of accessories and display options, the cape is great too, DXO8 might even be a runner up.

And LOL at Red Skull making the list, sure the likeness is great but, meh..boring figure.

I would have probably voted for ThreeA RealSteel Ambush, like a movie replica, best weathering on a bot this year, and one of the best weathering jobs ever.

This poll would've been a lot better if it had just been ...
Iron Monger
Luke Skywalker
89 Batman
89 Joker
DX Terminator
DX 12 Batman

The other figures in your poll, such as the Samurai Pred and Baby Doll, they're nice but won't win.

DX09 is just so well done. Jim Gordon probably has the best head sculpt, but the uniform isn't the standard Gordon outfit. The DX09 is as true to Keaton Batman as you can get.

This poll would've been a lot better if it had just been ...
Iron Monger
Luke Skywalker
89 Batman
89 Joker
DX Terminator
DX 12 Batman

The other figures in your poll, such as the Samurai Pred and Baby Doll, they're nice but won't win.

And Avengers Captain America. :lecture

If DX09 had a Keaton sculpt then i would agree. Since they left out stuff... like a movie leaving plot holes to be filled with a sequel, that docks it a notch in my book.

Samurai Predator gets my vote.

Those are both incredibly bull**** reasons. Don't get me wrong, I get wanting a Keaton sculpt, but HT had literally no reason to include one. Batman was never, and I mean NEVER unmasked in 89. There was Bruce Wayne, and there was Batman, so, saying that you're going to dock Batman points for not including an unmasked Keaton head is like saying you're going to dock it points for not including an extra body and a tux with the head. As for him not having a head sculpt, that doesn't mean jack****. For proof, look to the DX 12, and HT's various Begins Batman figures. For them to nail both the likeness, and the cowl on the first attempt is more noteworthy than you make it out to be, Nova. Not to mention the fact that it is arguably the single best example of PERS working in a figure.

Suffice it to say, as much as I love my DX 09, I'm kind of shocked to see him winning. As far as overall package goes, I assumed the DX 07 would be putting up quite a fight. Two PERS head sculpts (with solid likenesses and successful PERS integration), two bodies, two outfits, two sets of accessories, two bases, and a massive well done diorama for a little more than the DX Joker? That being said, I do think, as far as overall presentation goes, Batman wins. Those faces are just spectacular, and they really went above and beyond with the accessories. Not to mention the fact that they were relatively free of any major QC issues for the first time in a while.

Those are both incredibly bull**** reasons. Don't get me wrong, I get wanting a Keaton sculpt, but HT had literally no reason to include one. Batman was never, and I mean NEVER unmasked in 89. There was Bruce Wayne, and there was Batman, so, saying that you're going to dock Batman points for not including an unmasked Keaton head is like saying you're going to dock it points for not including an extra body and a tux with the head. As for him not having a head sculpt, that doesn't mean jack****. For proof, look to the DX 12, and HT's various Begins Batman figures. For them to nail both the likeness, and the cowl on the first attempt is more noteworthy than you make it out to be, Nova. Not to mention the fact that it is arguably the single best example of PERS working in a figure.

Well technically, if my reasons are bull****, you have to factor this thread is complete bull**** as well. Figure of the year. Wow.

Based on what? Design? Price? Ingenuity? Creativeness? Game changing? Ground breaking? Best bang for buck?

I get your a Batman nerd. A huge majority of your collecting priorities, or maybe a chunk of your life is revolved around your Batman fetish, and thats cool... I have my own interests as well. Its like me being a Ghostbusters fan and the DX20 Peter Venkman to me is the greatest thing ever made.

Yes, the DX09 is well exectued. Its a figure most of us that were kids of the 80's wanted. It is well made. But then again, alot of figures were well made this year. I have the DX09, and although to me its not the best, it dosent mean i don't like it. I forked out the same +$200 for it same as everyone else.

Headsculpt... not the best one this year. PERS execution... that ugly square in the back of the head... yeah.. great. The suit... its not very poseable, some had rubber leaking issues. Accessories.. you got a batarang, the gauntlet, the grabbling gun and a bunch of itty bitty's. Again.. not the greatest accessories from a HT DX product. Price... being the first DX's to hike up to the $200-250 range and not have the Keaton head? Its obvious HT is waiting to release another version of it INCLUDING it to milk the fans. He wasent unmasked in 89? so??? In the Dark Knight (and i wont argue if you prove me wrong), does Bale have his face unmasked while wearing the Batman gear? Well.. HT released a Bale sculpt with it. HT's OC Dark Knight figure (not the toyfair) also had one. Did Bale wear the OC in Dark Knight unmasked? Those werent even DX, they were standard figures. Shove that jack**** back from where it came from.

Among one of the reasons this gets the higher vote is most collectors have this piece, even the ones that can only afford one figure a year. It has high nostalgic value. Fans have been wanting this for a long time, and its well executed, but in no ways does it deserve FIGURE OF THE YEAR.

Well technically, if my reasons are bull****, you have to factor this thread is complete bull**** as well. Figure of the year. Wow.

Based on what? Design? Price? Ingenuity? Creativeness? Game changing? Ground breaking? Best bang for buck?

I get your a Batman nerd. A huge majority of your collecting priorities, or maybe a chunk of your life is revolved around your Batman fetish, and thats cool... I have my own interests as well. Its like me being a Ghostbusters fan and the DX20 Peter Venkman to me is the greatest thing ever made.

Yes, the DX09 is well exectued. Its a figure most of us that were kids of the 80's wanted. It is well made. But then again, alot of figures were well made this year. I have the DX09, and although to me its not the best, it dosent mean i don't like it. I forked out the same +$200 for it same as everyone else.

Headsculpt... not the best one this year. PERS execution... that ugly square in the back of the head... yeah.. great. The suit... its not very poseable, some had rubber leaking issues. Accessories.. you got a batarang, the gauntlet, the grabbling gun and a bunch of itty bitty's. Again.. not the greatest accessories from a HT DX product. Price... being the first DX's to hike up to the $200-250 range and not have the Keaton head? Its obvious HT is waiting to release another version of it INCLUDING it to milk the fans. He wasent unmasked in 89? so??? In the Dark Knight (and i wont argue if you prove me wrong), does Bale have his face unmasked while wearing the Batman gear? Well.. HT released a Bale sculpt with it. HT's OC Dark Knight figure (not the toyfair) also had one. Did Bale wear the OC in Dark Knight unmasked? Those werent even DX, they were standard figures. Shove that jack**** back from where it came from.

Among one of the reasons this gets the higher vote is most collectors have this piece, even the ones that can only afford one figure a year. It has high nostalgic value. Fans have been wanting this for a long time, and its well executed, but in no ways does it deserve FIGURE OF THE YEAR.

Jesus, man, I was referring to the fact that you were downgrading it based on the fact that it didn't include a Keaton sculpt. There's no reason to include something that wasn't even in the movie. As for the others, the Begins was to make up for the fact that there wasn't one with the Begins figure, and the TDK was because, well, he was unmasked at several points in the film. The main reason why there wouldn't be a Keaton sculpt is because they're most likely going to include that with their Batman Returns figure, as that's the film where he's unmasked, and it's an important part of that figure. Now, if the Returns figure doesn't include a BW head, I see every reason to give it a lower score, but saying that the lack of a BW head with the 89 Batman brings it down a level is like saying that you're mad that a RotJ Vader doesn't have a Hayden Christianson head.

As far as the head goes, I respectfully disagree, I think that, as far as 1/6th goes, it's between this, Skywalker, and the Joker. The PERS execution isn't bad, the eyes look fantastic, and there wasn't really any other way to do it. As far as the QC issues, there were a few contained instances. It wasn't a massive issue, so there's really no need to count that against the figure; one bad egg doesn't spoil the dozen. The suit, again, is accurate. The fact that it's not posable is because the source material it's based on wasn't that posable. Contrary to what you might think, HT went above and beyond with the accessories. They included some things that appeared in the film for split seconds, and other things that didn't even make it past the concept stage for the film. The only way I see them revisiting this figure is if they do some sort of Toy Fair Exclusive Battle Damaged Batman, and even that won't include a Keaton Wayne sculpt. They're probably saving that for a completely different figure from a completely different movie.

I do want to apologize if I came across as a bit hostile, that was my bad, but just so you know that I'm not completely bias, I, personally, think that DX Skywalker is the best DX of the year (and I don't even own it). In terms of what I've seen, the quality's there, it's packed with extras, and the value's there.

DX12 for me, the complexity of the outfit does it for me over the DX09 which would be second. Top 3

1- DX12
2- DX09
3- probably Hawkeye (although I'm still waiting on my DX10)

214085_o.gif

Yeah.. Keaton Batman is certainly the shiz - as is Jack Joker. :cool:

Still - Bespin Luke is a knockout release, from top to tail.

I went with Luke in the end. :)

Not interested in commenting on this discussion, just this glif thing pictured above, I seen this whole fight between keath hackey and the big dude, man that was epic, after he knocked him down hackey broke his hand pounding the $h!t outta that big dudes head til he summited:horror

Sorry to side track the thread, carry on:)

Hey guys, lots of amazing cars out this year. Too many to count, I narrowed the choices down to 10. Let's vote on it.

Here are the nominees:

-BMW M5
-BMW X3
-BMW Z4
-BMW 650i
-BMW 335i
-BMW 7501
-Toyota Camry
-BMW 135i
-BMW 328i
-BMW M3

Back