1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You bought TWO of a figure you DONT like? :slap Why?:cuckoo:

How do you get he said he didn't like it out of this?:

well,60 $ extra for a 175$ figure,it must really be the best figure now!

He doesn't like their pricing, but thats different than not liking the figure itself. As the saying goes...Don't shoot the messenger. Let's hope SS has read these threads and will make the improvements so we don't have to do all these mods to the ROTJ Fett. :pray:

Thanks. There are a lot of things the SS has that I wish the Medi had. Leather and real fabrics to name a few on the belts but it's a decent place holder till I can pick this guy up.

That's my shortened Vader, my modded taller sideshow stormtrooper han, my shortened old Ben, and the out of the box Lando.

Lando is supposed to be the same height as Boba if not a smudge taller but everyone else is their correct heights. Including Jango!

Wow. A direct replication ended up being 4 inches taller.

Funny you mention that, I was watching Empire the other day and when Lando and Boba are standing nose to nose (or helmet) while they're waiting on Vader to be done with han, I was thinking, shave that head and Lando is going to be a tad shorter than Fett in costume. I never thought about heights of actors before I got into scale models.

How do you get he said he didn't like it out of this?:

He doesn't like their pricing, but thats different than not liking the figure itself. As the saying goes...Don't shoot the messenger. Let's hope SS has read these threads and will make the improvements so we don't have to do this to the ROTJ Fett. :pray:

If you dig deeper in the thread youll see he's been dogging this figure since the first in-hand pics.

:horror Cut into the shoe!

That's not really necessary if you blow dry the shoe with hot ait or put it in hot water. This will soften the plastic and the peg comes out easier. That's what I did.

Haha that's what I spent ages trying to do - 1 foot was just so tight, the ssc peg wouldn't even rotate, I had it gripped by pliers and was pulling so hard I somehow hurt my elbow and was afraid of tearing or misshaping the whole socket, so I made a cut down the seam line on the very back (its a sculpted seam line, a detail to look like how real life boots are made) and when I put the HT peg in it closed up naturally, then with a bit of glue became invisible.

Also a body comparison for people wondering

DSCF2810.jpg

arm length difference between a TT slim and the SSC body. The hand pegs are in for fairness

Funny you mention that, I was watching Empire the other day and when Lando and Boba are standing nose to nose (or helmet) while they're waiting on Vader to be done with han, I was thinking, shave that head and Lando is going to be a tad shorter than Fett in costume. I never thought about heights of actors before I got into scale models.

Well you are probably right. Billy D is 6'1" just like Harrison Ford but Jeremy Bullock is 6' even. Taking into account heel height on Lando's shoes and an extra bit for Boba's Helmet, I would still need to make Lando a bit taller to satisfy my own OCD. LOL

"He's no good to me on a pro body"

On a slim TT....
IMG_4765.jpg

Wow, this is probably the best photo I've seen of the SSC Fett on this thread thus far. Really goes to show what a difference it makes putting this figure on a better body, especially given how much its paint apps & detailing are its strongest suits. Would love to see more photos, SR.

I just received a bunch of parts from TA for my kit-bash & gotta admit I'm really impressed with the quality of the parts. The rifle, gauntlets & sash are definitely in league with what Hot Toys is doing. The soiling on the jumpsuit looks natural & subtle, although the cut of the pants are so roomy that they border on something out of an MC Hammer video. And while the accuracy of that shade of green on the armor is debatable, the Sideshow cape is dead on -- now I just have to figure out how to attach it.

I've done my fair share of pointing out this figure's flaws on this thread, but after seeing the brilliant adjustments & minor customizations done here, I kinda regret not just picking up the whole figure outright, slapping it on an extra slim Truetype I already have, making those tweaks & calling it a day. But since I've insisted on salvaging what's left of my Medicom Fett & trying to incorporate the best parts of what's presently available in the world, I'm stuck being on the lookout.

Wow, this is probably the best photo I've seen of the SSC Fett on this thread thus far. Really goes to show what a difference it makes putting this figure on a better body, especially given how much its paint apps & detailing are its strongest suits. Would love to see more photos, SR.

I just received a bunch of parts from TA for my kit-bash & gotta admit I'm really impressed with the quality of the parts. The rifle, gauntlets & sash are definitely in league with what Hot Toys is doing. The soiling on the jumpsuit looks natural & subtle, although the cut of the pants are so roomy that they border on something out of an MC Hammer video. And while the accuracy of that shade of green on the armor is debatable, the Sideshow cape is dead on -- now I just have to figure out how to attach it.

I've done my fair share of pointing out this figure's flaws on this thread, but after seeing the brilliant adjustments & minor customizations done here, I kinda regret not just picking up the whole figure outright, slapping it on an extra slim Truetype I already have, making those tweaks & calling it a day. But since I've insisted on salvaging what's left of my Medicom Fett & trying to incorporate the best parts of what's presently available in the world, I'm stuck being on the lookout.

I agree whole heartedly. I like a lot of things about this new Fett but just can't part with my Medi.

Here are a few reference shots for Boba and Lando's height.

View attachment 49179View attachment 49185View attachment 49186

It looks like Lando's shoulders are higher than Fett's. If you take Fett's helmet off he would not be eye to eye.

I wouldn't go with that figure to work with the Sideshow Fett. If it's anything at all like the regular narrow-shouldered Truetype, the forearms will be too wide for the gauntlets to fit. If I'm not mistaken, both Short Round & Jedi Jim used a Hot Toys slim body in their conversions, like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-TOYS-1-6-DX02-BATMAN-NUDE-SLIM-BODY-TRUE-TYPE-/261069404487?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3cc8f2f947

Hey guys,

I'm a little late to the party here with pics but I did a YouTube video review of him today since I finally got around to opening him up. I did some mods which I discuss in the video as well. I went the ripping off the back plastic route and for me it works fine. I liek the way his vest looks now.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubin5wMzGEA&feature=plcp[/ame]

I wouldn't go with that figure to work with the Sideshow Fett. If it's anything at all like the regular narrow-shouldered Truetype, the forearms will be too wide for the gauntlets to fit. If I'm not mistaken, both Short Round & Jedi Jim used a Hot Toys slim body in their conversions, like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-TOYS-1-6-DX02-BATMAN-NUDE-SLIM-BODY-TRUE-TYPE-/261069404487?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3cc8f2f947

:slap on me....

Thanks for the recommendation PJB-1138. I will search for this type of HT body.

:slap on me....

Thanks for the recommendation PJB-1138. I will search for this type of HT body.

Forget it, man. I happened to test that fit myself just yesterday when I received a bunch of loose Fett parts from Toy Anxiety. We're all here for each other, even if it involves the occasional harsh exchange of words. :wink1:

Got outside with the bounty hunter today...

BOBA-FETT-009.jpg

BOBA-FETT-014.jpg

BOBA-FETT-010.jpg

It's been great seeing all of the enthusiasm for this figure in here...from folks rebuilding/cutting/shaping it to their exacting specifications or to folks like me who enjoy pulling it out of the box, doing some usual futzing and just going with it....I think everyone can generally agree this is one great figure....thanks, Sideshow!

BOBA-FETT-007.jpg

It's really cool having such a fine 1:6 representation of this enigmatic bounty hunter...looking forward to the months ahead as more images keep pouring in here from folks all over...keep 'em coming!

BOBA-FETT-009.jpg

BOBA-FETT-014.jpg

BOBA-FETT-010.jpg

It's been great seeing all of the enthusiasm for this figure in here...from folks rebuilding/cutting/shaping it to their exacting specifications or to folks like me who enjoy pulling it out of the box, doing some usual futzing and just going with it....I think everyone can generally agree this is one great figure....thanks, Sideshow!

BOBA-FETT-007.jpg

It's really cool having such a fine 1:6 representation of this enigmatic bounty hunter...looking forward to the months ahead as more images keep pouring in here from folks all over...keep 'em coming!

Two things:

1. Boy, these pics definitely look like they were taken RIGHT outside Jabba's palace somewhere on Tatooine.

2. PLEASE un-Velcro his pants and blouse them out a bit!

Thanks for sharing!

BOBA-FETT-009.jpg

BOBA-FETT-014.jpg

BOBA-FETT-010.jpg

BOBA-FETT-007.jpg

I love that track as a background! Makes me think of Fett crawling around a Jawa Sandcrawler looking for a bounty!

Besides the normal "Slim" TT, and the Sweeny Todd and Sparrow bodies, which others can I look out for as a "slim" body?

Did the Headplay slim clones ever get made, or not yet?

What didn't I do to it. I curved the belly plate, cut the plastic from inside the vest, made all the armor from inside the vest tighter by pushing in the plastic posts and reglued them, took in the vest, bent in the neck armor. I also made the elastic on the knee armor tighter, padded the abdomen so the vest fit better. However, now seeing how nice he looks on that slim I might do that, I have one at the house. And lastly I changed the Wookie scalps, and tightened the 2 waist straps.

SS forgot to put "THIS IS A KIT" on the box

How did you tighten the elastic on the knee armour? I'm thinking of doing that, damn things keep slipping down. The elastic seems to be glued onto the plastic.

Back