1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a nice figure for sure. The hands are still sculpted with more detail than ANY of Hot Toys soft looking Fett hands. I was just always disappointed with how the chest armor plates sat on it.

It's a nice figure for sure. The hands are still sculpted with more detail than ANY of Hot Toys soft looking Fett hands. I was just always disappointed with how the chest armor plates sat on it.

Not sure why HT insists on making the gloves semi-glossy when they aren't supposed to be.

Since Fett is so much in the forefront of everything again, I went back and had a look at this old Sideshow figure...still looks good to me.

On the hunt with Dengar....

View attachment 502441

Yes, it may pale by today's standard, especially after multiple HT releases, but I still have a place in the collection for this version (despite his aging body starting to get a little floppy with the limbs...heck, a condition I'm personally stating to relate to lol).

Anyone else still have this one tucked away in their collection?

I ended up selling my HT version and keeping the SS one. :horror

Love the light-up base, too. Currently have it with the Black Series Boba Fett helmet but I'll eventually be rearranging the display, removing the helmet and adding the SS Han in Carbonite piece.

Boba Fett display.jpg

1. I want a HT Dengar, dammit. I will take SSC Mythos Dengar tho, HINT HINT SSC

I'd buy the original SSC Dengar in a heartbeat, but he sells for a literal fortune... I am jealous of all you lucky enough to own that guy

2. Rhetorical question only: I want to buy the HT Han Solo in carbonite to go with my Fett, its a block of plastic or resin with a few LEDs on it, why the **** is it so expensive! That price is beyond ridiculous! I know HT loves their monies but COME. ON.

1. I want a HT Dengar, dammit. I will take SSC Mythos Dengar tho, HINT HINT SSC

I'd buy the original SSC Dengar in a heartbeat, but he sells for a literal fortune... I am jealous of all you lucky enough to own that guy

2. Rhetorical question only: I want to buy the HT Han Solo in carbonite to go with my Fett, its a block of plastic or resin with a few LEDs on it, why the **** is it so expensive! That price is beyond ridiculous! I know HT loves their monies but COME. ON.

Blame SideShow for that one. HT hasn?t made a carbonate Han yet. I?d love one too but for $250? Pass. I?d rather put those funds towards SSCs Jabba

Since Fett is so much in the forefront of everything again, I went back and had a look at this old Sideshow figure...still looks good to me.

View attachment 502441

Yes, it may pale by today's standard, especially after multiple HT releases, but I still have a place in the collection for this version (despite his aging body starting to get a little floppy with the limbs...heck, a condition I'm personally stating to relate to lol).

Yep, he's always been out. I only have the V1. Currently he's guarding my Han in Carbonite PF. Different scales, but i'm fine with it!

View attachment 502441

yeah i still do. i replaced the bucket with the hot toys one. and upgraded the chest and back pack from the version 2 and swapped out the body as well.

I'm going to assume it's an older picture and that you don't still have your Christmas tree up at the end of February.

Unless it's a year-round tree kind of household. You do you. :lol

But i do like the composition of this photo and how the knee pads match the garland. Almost looks like a 70's Christmas promo or something.

I still couldn't get over the chest armor on the SS version and I thought the paintwork on the HT was better

What is wrong with the chest armor?

It?s a bit too large or long and not quite the right shapes if you really scrutinized it. To the untrained eye it won?t matter but it does seem that HT did it better. Not perfect but better.
91e755aea7b3c62277de5e48e7f6eef1.jpg

7fcda9ba72540752975cca6b3d8f9cd6.jpg

830fcdd41c9006fdc3249ce810bcfd5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back