1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed my range finder has some slight grey over spray on it but, i actually like it because it looks kinda weathered now because of it.

This is just a fantastic figure and now has been getting much more attention then my Medicom ROTJ Fett, it just has so much more realism/detailing worked into the character design.

For the extra $20-25 for this figure which includes more detailing,extra hands and feet and a awesome base which the Medicom figures never gave us, this figure is priced very reasonable IMO, it's a great value.

I now have to enter a day of deep meditation, to put my self in the mindset that attempting to mod the vest won't automatically cause it to combust.

Don't stress this, it's dead easy. You just need to leave the plastic around each glue rivet. I used a giant pair of scissors to cut mine :slap and didn't srew it up.

Congrats on getting this epic figure:wave

It's a damn nice figure, WG... You'll be quite happy. On top of the mods that have been mentioned ad nauseum I have one other suggestion. Pad the middle of the chest and collar bone area just a bit, I used one cotton ball, under the jump suit. Once you mod the vest the bit of extra padding will allow the armor plates to wrap around the body a bit, so you avoid the concave look that Boba has in some shots.

Flosi, thanks for this tip! I've been meaning to try to do something about the concave chest on mine, as well as the overlapping collar armor, but haven't had the time. I read this, popped a cotton ball under his chest plate, and it took care of both issues on mine :)

IMG_08733.JPG

IMG_08744.JPG

IMG_08764.JPG

**EDIT**
This was mine before:

IMG_0808.jpg

Last edited:
I have yet to look at mine in hand, but the one thing that still looks "toy"ish to me is the jet pack... like it doesn't have enough weathering.

I'm no expert but, i think the ESB was pretty clean looking compared to the ROTJ version, it certainly looks and feels more functional then the Medicom pack which feels like a softer PVC yet has great weathering for that particular version of this character.

I'm not ripping Medicom because i love my ROTJ but, the SS version really tops it in many ways visually with all the little details and construction, especially the neck wrap and having a ball joint within the helmet.

I have yet to look at mine in hand, but the one thing that still looks "toy"ish to me is the jet pack... like it doesn't have enough weathering.

I had the same concern and even in hand it's warranted but the overall look of this guy really makes up for it. The jet pack does look a little "toy"ish but again it's nothing to get bent about. You should be quite happy!

Last edited:
Well, it works on the concave chest, and in my case the overlapping collar armor, but I don't think it would take care of the blockiness.

Just got him!

BUT.... for the first time EVER, I believe I got a lemon from AlterEgo.

First, it came wrapped in a clear plastic bag. No big deal I thought, but when I opened Fett up, he was all twisted around as if he'd been removed and put back in. Not only that but there's two "holes" on the blocky vest. Almost like where someone tried to punch through the armor plating and then moved it over a bit. Two holes, one on each side of the ab armor. Really weird.

Been awhile since I ordered from AE, is it usual for them to wrap the figure box in plastic bag and not have it in the Sideshow mailer?

Anyone else get the "holes" in the plastci coating of the vest?

I'm very sad. :( :( :( Can't decide if I should send him back tomorrow, or just make the "holes" like bullet holes and keep him.

Just got him!

First, it came wrapped in a clear plastic bag. No big deal I thought, but when I opened Fett up, he was all twisted around as if he'd been removed and put back in. Not only that but there's two "holes" on the blocky vest. Almost like where someone tried to punch through the armor plating and then moved it over a bit. Two holes, one on each side of the ab armor. Really weird.

Been awhile since I ordered from AE, is it usual for them to wrap the figure box in plastic bag and not have it in the Sideshow mailer?

Anyone else get the "holes" in the plastci coating of the vest?

I'm very sad. :( :( :( Can't decide if I should send him back tomorrow, or just make the "holes" like bullet holes and keep him.

I think every single thing I've ever gotten from SS comes with the box bag to protect it from the mailers. But the holes sound very weird.

If you send him back and its not a deal breaker I'd just pay the extra 17 and get an Ex from SS. Even if you don't want the stand, you could just sell it off to more than offset that 17 buck savings.

:exactly:
Just got him!

First, it came wrapped in a clear plastic bag. ... is it usual for them to wrap the figure box in plastic bag and not have it in the Sideshow mailer?

I also received mine today from AE and he as well came in just a wrapped clear plastic bag. This is my first SW Sideshow figure bought new first hand. I don't have any holes in the vest but no brown shipper. ??

Not a huge concern but should this have come with a sideshow brown shipper? AE has always done right by me in the past as I have ordered most all of my HT from them and they have all come with the shipper. Not only that but they usually ship they shipper in another box. ?

I think every single thing I've ever gotten from SS comes with the box bag to protect it from the mailers. But the holes sound very weird.

If you send him back and its not a deal breaker I'd just pay the extra 17 and get an Ex from SS. Even if you don't want the stand, you could just sell it off to more than offset that 17 buck savings.

The exclusive is on waitlist.

I believe the brown shipper box will only be used if you are purchasing just a single unit from SS.

Local shops might be buying in bulk so SS might be using bigger brown boxes to house maybe 10-20 units?

Well that sucks. Got pics?

Bobasholesinvest.jpg

Here's the unfutzed straight from the box, and all I see if that little hole. That and one leg is much longer than the other. Damn OCD!

Fett1.jpg

I must say, I have been fairly forgiving to SS over the years on out-of-the-box stuff... but this one just seems to have no end of probems. I see sloppy paint in many spots, the lopsided legs, the holes in the vest -- which, in hand, your eyes just jump to -- the pouches on the belt seem set too far back based on the belt separation they are meant to cover... again, I think I got a real lemon. Never had such a feeling of "got to send this back" before.

Maybe I'm overreacting because this is FETT! He's supposed to look sloppy, right? I mean, he is really weathered looking. On the plus side, my antennae thingy on the helmet is straight.

Last edited:
I got my IG-88 from AE and it came wrapped in plastic also. As for the holes in the Fett I would return him, not acceptable. :gah:
Can't believe how bad that unaltered vest looks.

Back