1/6 POTC - SWToys x Tough Guys FS046 Lord of the Caspian Sea (Barbossa)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering if we could get a run of coats, any suggestions on fabric saw this bit don't think would work.
Screenshot_20220903-233047_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20220903-233101_eBay.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220903-233039_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220903-233039_eBay.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 0
I'm certain that is the GheeWhiz outfit, but you know that, don't you? ;)

And Waruna head. That's Dario's custom... why can't we get a project like that going? I remember following one and it just fizzled out in 2019.

I still have that terrible InnerCircle Toys outfit from 2015.

I feel like this looks like Barbosa if he didn't have any diseases and took better care of himself, and washed his clothes more often

Jovl Tang does amazing work. He's also a big POC fan, a while ago he did a run of rooted DX15 hair. They were crazy good

I'm certain that is the GheeWhiz outfit, but you know that, don't you? ;)

And Waruna head. That's Dario's custom... why can't we get a project like that going? I remember following one and it just fizzled out in 2019.

I still have that terrible InnerCircle Toys outfit from 2015.
Ugh, don’t get me started on Inner Circle Toys. Those guys took my money for multiple custom projects back in the day even years before the Barbossa outfit mess. Never got anything from them.

Ugh, don’t get me started on Inner Circle Toys. Those guys took my money for multiple custom projects back in the day even years before the Barbossa outfit mess. Never got anything from them.
Oh no. I heard that about the Barbossa project -- turned into a real mess.

Anyway, I wonder whatever happened to the Barbossa project with Waruna and Fabrizio? Did that just end up becoming the GheeWhiz offering? I never really understood what was going on there. Dario certainly ended up with a great Barbossa at the end of the day.

Bloody Hell that makes such a difference!
Rather confirms for me that the biggest hurdle to a half-way decent likeness is the sculpted beard.
With this kind of rooting and a damn decent paint job this could look really good.
But If I was paying that kind of money (I have to assume Jovl would charge a lot - anyone bought their work before?) I would be tempted to just go the last step and find a superior sculpt to have painted and rooted.

I'm now thinking that the coat is salvagable and have been looking at fabrics to cover it with to replicate the colour and texture more correctly - I have seen a few Dobby Wool examples that give me hope, my friend is insisting that chifon would work but I think they are completely wrong on that, still I'm going to buy some cloth samples and see what works - hopefully something thin enough to prevent the coat from looking too thick/puffed up while still doing the job asked of it.
Also going to alter the cuffs and button hole embroidering into something more accurate.
Could be a disaster - but **** it! Why not! Worst case scenario I can remove what I've added and start again.
I'll be sure to take some pics from when he arrives first @Wor-Gar, before I start making changes.

the GheeWhiz offering? .... Dario certainly ended up with a great Barbossa at the end of the day.
I actually emailed GheeWhiz about their Barbossa the other day based on some pictures (pretty sure they were Dario's but I can't recall) and they will still make the Barbossa outer coat but the cost....
well, let me just say that I can either choose a 1/6 Barbossa outer coat or a pretty expensive Prime 1 statue I've had my eye on for some time....
So I am going to mod this Barbossa instead! :ROFLMAO: Gotta pick our battles I suppose!

Back