1/6 Young Rich - Erik Killmonger (Mercenary) 1/6 Figure (BLACK PANTHER)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The HS is on point! This looks to be an excellent figure. I’ve got the Daftoys one on PO, it will need to be pretty damn good for me not to swap over tbh.

Got my YR Killmonger in today. I have to say, when I preordered this, I was expecting maybe a foundation I could work with for a custom, but the solicit pics looked rough and I figured I was in for a lot of work.

I was blown away to open the box this morning and find a figure that, by and large, looked pretty damned good. The shoulders were fixed, the body is better (and super heavy/solid), the pants are better, the sculpt looks great... Overall much closer to where I'd want it than I was anticipating.

I did repaint the chest/back armor with a metallic, and did some weathering. Fortunately, the armor is a separate piece held on by velcro, so it was super easy to pop off and repaint, without having to take the whole vest off.

Futzing took a while- it's not as bad as the Crossbones figure we got, but there are a good amount of pieces.

Anyway, wanted to post a pic for anyone who was on the fence (understandably) about the figure based on the solicit/preorder pics.
Wow, that looks really good.

Got my YR Killmonger in today. I have to say, when I preordered this, I was expecting maybe a foundation I could work with for a custom, but the solicit pics looked rough and I figured I was in for a lot of work.

I was blown away to open the box this morning and find a figure that, by and large, looked pretty damned good. The shoulders were fixed, the body is better (and super heavy/solid), the pants are better, the sculpt looks great... Overall much closer to where I'd want it than I was anticipating.

I did repaint the chest/back armor with a metallic, and did some weathering. Fortunately, the armor is a separate piece held on by velcro, so it was super easy to pop off and repaint, without having to take the whole vest off.

Futzing took a while- it's not as bad as the Crossbones figure we got, but there are a good amount of pieces.

Anyway, wanted to post a pic for anyone who was on the fence (understandably) about the figure based on the solicit/preorder pics.

View attachment 576071
Looks Incredible!!

Haven't watched it yet but Justin's review is up.

It looks good! :panic:

The head sculpt and body are pretty good, awesome that the scarring and proportions are just like how he appeared in the movie. As mentioned in the video the size difference between the HT figures can be an issue.

@CupcakeMcGraw How is the scale? Any chance you could photograph it next to another figure?
He's a little on the tall side, but nothing crazy. It can be massaged away with different bases, or just not posing him directly next to someone standing straight up. The head and other proportions are good. I could probably clip a bit off the ankles to sit him lower in his boots if it really bothered me... but it doesn't XD

bp.jpg

bp2.jpg

Finally got around to putting this guy together. Opted to go with the Maxnut sculpt I had, which I think is marginally superior to the YR version (I think it's mainly the hair looks better as it's not a removable piece). I also gave him a different belt with a drop holster (from the HT Deadshot I think?), as the one he came with was a pain to adjust. Here are a couple of quick phone pics:

Killmonger1.jpeg

Killmonger2.jpeg

Wheres the best place to get ths fig? He look pretty awesome!
If you didn’t pre-order this guy you’re probably stuck trying to pick it up on eBay. I don’t see it on any of the usual sites. Daftoys is supposed to also be releasing one soon (it's overdue) - I see it's still listed at TNS and Comic Sanctorum, but that's about it.

Daftoys F018 1/6 leopard agent figure (Pre order deposit)

Daftoys 1:6 Scale Leopard Agent Figure - Comic Sanctorum

I've never bought from these places, so no idea about shipping costs.

Wha are the chances HT will tackle these at some point? I like the dft toy, but scaling issues is an eye sore for me. Plus, the body look kinda cheaply made. With HT, the likeness might be somewhat off, but the body and accesory and tailoring would be no doubt top notch.

Back