1/6 Hot Toys - WW1984 - Wonder Woman (Golden Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gal is a dark brunette. Under the right lighting her hair will look black. I've attached some photos.

The figure itself has reddish brown hair. You wouldn't characterize it as dark brunette at all. The second photo is how Gal's hair tends to look in the movies: close to black. The third photo is as brown as her hair ever gets in the movies, which is a dark brunette. The last photo shows Gal with Patty Jenkins, and Patty's hair is pretty much the hair color of the Hot Toys figure. Note the huge difference between her hair color and Gal's.

Maybe the Hot Toys photo has some weird lighting thing going on, but if not this mistake is a head-scratcher, as all the other Hot Toys Wonder Woman figures have straight up black hair.

Attachments

• Hot Toys.jpg
    Hot Toys.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Black.jpg
    Black.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Brown.jpg
    Brown.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Comparison.jpg
    Comparison.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 84
I think the HT is under very bright lights, so the hair looks much lighter than it probably is. It’s not red, it’s more of a chocolate brown, whereas Gal is more chestnut brown, so the color is definitely not perfect, but i’d wait to see how the hair looks under normal light.
Do we have any non-studio pics of the gold figure?

I think the figure’s hair is going to be what it is going to be…what exactly are you hoping to accomplish with this forensic analysis of the shades of the actor’s hair?
Hot Toys won’t be making any changes based upon whatever’s posted in this thread.

I think the figure’s hair is going to be what it is going to be…what exactly are you hoping to accomplish with this forensic analysis of the shades of the actor’s hair?
Hot Toys won’t be making any changes based upon whatever’s posted in this thread.
What am I hoping to accomplish? This is a discussion thread. On a website where we have discussions about action figures. Operative word: "discussion".

What am I hoping to accomplish? This is a discussion thread. On a website where we have discussions about action figures. Operative word: "discussion".
I appreciate a good discussion, but imagined that the level of effort in putting together the photo montage was perhaps for a deeper purpose.

I appreciate a good discussion, but imagined that the level of effort in putting together the photo montage was perhaps for a deeper purpose.

I googled "Wonder Woman 1984" and downloaded three pics. The amount of effort was about two minutes.

I just hope hot toys doesn't reduce the quality on this because of the movie.
The concept looks like one of the best figures ever made.

Haha that would be hilarious if it worked that way. “Wonder Woman 1984 no good, make figure sh** to match quality.”

It’s not like they have never made figurines from “bad quality” movies before, that doesn’t dictate how much effort goes into their products lol

Haha, I don't know, her hair looks black to me in the films with brown when under light - so her hair is probably extremely dark brunette bordering on black... everyone wins! :D

Every time I see that a post has been added I click hoping for an update on the figure’s release…nope…jokes on me…more in depth discussion of the shade of Gal Gadot’s hair again.
I keep thinking I’m on a Cosmopolitan Magazine discussion forum…never imagined that hair dye would occupy so much space on an action figure discussion forum…

Every time I see that a post has been added I click hoping for an update on the figure’s release…nope…jokes on me…more in depth discussion of the shade of Gal Gadot’s hair again.
I keep thinking I’m on a Cosmopolitan Magazine discussion forum…never imagined that hair dye would occupy so much space on an action figure discussion forum…

So...

You're thinking she's more of a brunette, aren't you?

Back