1/6 Hot Toys - TMS111 - Ahsoka series: Sabine Wren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could live without the lightsabers and Jedi, but Andor having such an incredibly dull lead character at the center is what kept it from working for me as well as I wanted it to.
Coincidentally, so far the one consistent critique I've read regarding RD's Ahsoka is that she's come off as a bit dull for a lead character. I think they're just showing her to be more measured and thoughtful in her approach - as one would expect from an older and more experienced Jedi (as well as that she's grown accustomed to working alone after splitting with Sabine). I think Rosario's handled the action sequences impeccably, and now that the obligatory set up is in place and the race to find Thrawn/Ezra is on I think this dullness talk will fall by the wayside.

I've enjoyed Baylan & Shin. It seems apparent that Baylan knows of Ahsoka's background as Anakin's apprentice and is wary of the threat she poses. Looking forward to their meeting. And hopefully we get a little more backstory on Shin's character before her inevitable rematch with Sabine. I'm already pulling for her to survive so she can show up in other shows/movies down the line.

I can definitely see Andor not being for everyone, it was a very unique show.

My parents and my sister would rather watch BoBF over and over again before rewatching Andor, they didn't like the pace and were bored by it.

I loved it, but I can see why it might not work for some people.
Well I loved Andor, one reason being that lack of flash and the brooding tension to me is realistic as a society is throttled "they've been choking us so slowly, we're beginning not to notice."

To me that ties back into Jyn Erso saying the flag didn't matter if your head was down (or something like that) and the Client sneering that under the Empire, things were working (more or less). Mando can kind of straddle the line between realistic grit and - and warm fuzzies, for lack of a better way to put it. Loosely the rest of SW is in a way, too much fun.

Which doesn't IMO make it bad, just different. AND family friendly. No kid is going to be happy when a prisoner chooses to step on a floor and check themselves out - that's nightmares. ANYWAY.

I am in for all the Rebels characters. Just kills me that Kanan will likely be missing. Really hope they include him in the show as a flashback or dream, which prompts Hot Toys to make him.

Ditto. Just goes to show, always keep your main characters, folks will just want them back and HT will have to decide whether to do a tribute fig, or not. :monkey3 All I know is, Ezra had better have blue eyes e.g. the actor they hired doesn't in RL.

Coincidentally, so far the one consistent critique I've read regarding RD's Ahsoka is that she's come off as a bit dull for a lead character.

I think she improved. There's more life in the character IMO - subtle, but there. Maybe she was just finding her feet. Chris Hemsworth got better as Thor as things went along. The fact I would even consider getting a fig of her if discounted for me is a lot. I like the poncho/vaguely Asian nod and don't really care if the likeness is perfect. She looks athletic and doesn't make me cringe when fighting like some of those tiny girls.😁

Last edited:
With this solid start and the generally positive fan reception, I'm predicting the following releases:

Definite
  • Sabine
  • Ahsoka 2.0
  • Hera
  • Chopper
  • Thrawn
  • Baylan
  • Shin
  • Marrok
  • Assassin Droid
Maybe
  • Ezra
  • Sabine with long hair and speeder
  • Huyang
  • Morgan Elsbeth
And this is only what we've seen in the first two episodes and trailers. Could Anakin and Rex make appearances? What about other new characters? This is so exciting!
Anakin flashback or Anakin force ghost would be great

I would love to be proven wrong but I would be surprised if HT go all in on this show. And if they do it will be mostly helmeted or droid characters. I just can’t see them doing a whole bunch of sculpted characters, we will be lucky if we get Sabine and Ahsoka.

I just hope they don't go with the moving eyes for Sabine. I'd hate to have her looking like a creepy ventriloquist dummy like the latest Moff Gideon.
gifntext-gif.gif

I am in for all the Rebels characters. Just kills me that Kanan will likely be missing. Really hope they include him in the show as a flashback or dream, which prompts Hot Toys to make him.

A live-action shot of the Rebels crew would almost be an acceptable consolation prize for fans not seeing the OT gang together again.

A live-action shot of the Rebels crew would almost be an acceptable consolation prize for fans not seeing the OT gang together again.
Ben Affleck Reaction GIF

Still kind of unfathomable that we didn’t see that once, and now we’re living in the nostalgia centric era. How did they miss that opportunity…

Either way, yes, would be fantastic to see the crew back together again.

I just hope they don't go with the moving eyes for Sabine. I'd hate to have her looking like a creepy ventriloquist dummy like the latest Moff Gideon.
We all know they’re all going to have them, they’re the new hot toys gimmick :thud:

As much as I adore Andor, but there has been a critical problem with that series since it's last debut. IT HAS NO DAMN HOT TOYS FIGS...and apparently it will never have.

But well, Rebels on the other hand, is the entirely different scenario. I could foreseen tons of characters being made after Sabine.

I daydream sometimes what I would do if I were a billionaire and bought Hot Toys.

First off, fire Howard.

Next, greatly reduce the MCU output.

Next, focus on the OT for years. Then, make figures from the 90s EU and games. Also, open multiple factories to reduce production turnaround time.

Hot Toys still have a massive problem with zero customer service and customer interaction. It really is what one guy wants to make, and it's gotten old a long time ago. This year, I'm only getting RoboCop and Peacemaker. Aside from those, maybe the new John Wick and Feral Predator.

I'm definitely in for Sabine. I hope they make another Ahsoka- I passed on the Mando version. I'll be ecstatic for Hera and Chopper. Thrawn is also a must. Maybe Baylan and Shin. Marrok... is also a maybe, unless it is who I'm guessing, then a definite.

This has the potential to be an amazing release if they go all in. I'd love a DX with her Mando outfit, her speeder bike outfit (such as cool scene), short and long haired sculpts and her Loth Cat. But being Hot Toys I guess they will give us a bare bones Mando version with short hair, and maybe give us a second version later.

I'm passing on all stuff from this show. I saw the first two eps and they were meh. No character really stood out. No doubt HT will be doing a ton from this show. And of course the inevitable Ashoka repops.

I'm passing on all stuff from this show. I saw the first two eps and they were meh. No character really stood out. No doubt HT will be doing a ton from this show. And of course the inevitable Ashoka repops.
LOL Baylan and Shin stood out most to me. But...loved Rebels and to me this feels like a sequel to that. Hadn't thought about it before, but the show nicely showcases every character at some point.

So IMO, if I were to collect the line, so far it would have to be all or nothing $$$$$$$ :horror
Estimate: 260$ x 7 - say, = ~1800$ or more.:horror

Back