1/6 Hot Toys - TMS111 - Ahsoka series: Sabine Wren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting priced out of Hot Toys, but passed on the original Ahsoka because I didn't think it looked much like Rosario Dawson. Maybe they'll do a resculpt. Anxious to see Thrawn, regardless!

Just when I think I won’t see another character in an episode that Hot Toys could make, I see a background character and think “maybe Hot Toys will finally make a medical droid!”

This series easily has over a dozen figure possibilities, but I know there’s no way we are getting them all. Right? Right!?

Just when I think I won’t see another character in an episode that Hot Toys could make, I see a background character and think “maybe Hot Toys will finally make a medical droid!”

This series easily has over a dozen figure possibilities, but I know there’s no way we are getting them all. Right? Right!?
Honestly I actually think it’s pretty likely they’ll go relatively hard into this line. Other than Andor (much to my shagrin), they’ve made many figures from each Star Wars Disney+ show. We also don’t have another Star Wars show this year, and I don’t think Marvel has much slated for the rest of the year that will require a bunch of figure support (how many more Lokis are needed?). Could easily see this line including 6 characters, with room for more.
-Ahsoka
-Sabine
-Hera (deluxe with chopper)
-Baylan
-Shin
-Thrawn

After the first two episodes, those kind of feel like they should be made, especially considering some of the stuff they’re willing to make from Mando.

Honestly I actually think it’s pretty likely they’ll go relatively hard into this line. Other than Andor (much to my shagrin), they’ve made many figures from each Star Wars Disney+ show. We also don’t have another Star Wars show this year, and I don’t think Marvel has much slated for the rest of the year that will require a bunch of figure support (how many more Lokis are needed?). Could easily see this line including 6 characters, with room for more.
-Ahsoka
-Sabine
-Baylan
-Shin
-Thrawn

After the first two episodes, those kind of feel like they should be made, especially considering some of the stuff they’re willing to make from Mando.
They’ll definitely do Marrok too

2 days have passed and I'm still thinking about this show. It feels so good to have quality Star Wars again. It has a grand scope, feels confident and polished, and it has so much love poured into it. After Mando S3, Andor, Kenobi, and Boba, the wait has been long since Mando S2. That was the last time I felt SW was really peaking. I've had long discussions with my gf about it, but even though Andor is great, it didn't scratch the itch for me.

I'm excited for the next two months. By the end of it, I think we will have a trilogy's worth of amazing content that we can come back to during the next quality drought. Hopefully that ends for good and the show can lead us into the Heir to the Empire movie where this all comes together. But Disney is gonna Disney and we'll probably be overdue for another dud like Boba or Mando S3.

But on topic, I've been consistently refreshing my feeds looking for a stealth drop from HT with new announcements from this show. I said this about AOTC, and I'll say it here, I may be in for the whole line (of named characters). I'm not into troopers and battle droids as much. These characters mean so much and I love how this show is basically Rebels Season 5. Definitely going to rewatch the two eps again before next week.

I can't believe you lumped Andor in with Kenobi, Boba Fett and Mando s3. Absolute madness.

Ahsoka too is bland, with poor dialogue and even worse lighting and cinematography. I don't know what people are seeing but I damn near fell asleep if it wasn't for Baylan.
My guess would be that the standard the other shows set makes this good by comparison? Or maybe that's just me. After the quality of their content the last couple years, my expectations have been reduced to zero.
It kept my attention, i cringed a few times. It wasn't as boring as obi-wan and didn't make me seethe with anger like bobf. 🤷

I can't believe you lumped Andor in with Kenobi, Boba Fett and Mando s3. Absolute madness.

Ahsoka too is bland, with poor dialogue and even worse lighting and cinematography. I don't know what people are seeing but I damn near fell asleep if it wasn't for Baylan.

I lumped Andor in because it missed the mark for me. It was well done, but I felt like it was ultimately a safe show. It was cool to see that side of Star Wars, but it just didn't excite me. To me, Star Wars is Jedi, Sith, the force, and mysteries of the galaxy.

I lumped Andor in because it missed the mark for me. It was well done, but I felt like it was ultimately a safe show. It was cool to see that side of Star Wars, but it just didn't excite me. To me, Star Wars is Jedi, Sith, the force, and mysteries of the galaxy.
All the coloredy laser swords are so coooooollllllllll

Kidding. To each their own.

I could live without the lightsabers and Jedi, but Andor having such an incredibly dull lead character at the center is what kept it from working for me as well as I wanted it to.

I can definitely see Andor not being for everyone, it was a very unique show.

My parents and my sister would rather watch BoBF over and over again before rewatching Andor, they didn't like the pace and were bored by it.

I loved it, but I can see why it might not work for some people.

-Ahsoka
-Sabine
-Baylan
-Shin
-Thrawn

Agreed. Now that HT sees the overwhelming positive reaction from fans, I'm sure they'll be going all in on this Ahsoka line.

I am in for all the Rebels characters. Just kills me that Kanan will likely be missing. Really hope they include him in the show as a flashback or dream, which prompts Hot Toys to make him.

With this solid start and the generally positive fan reception, I'm predicting the following releases:

Definite
  • Sabine
  • Ahsoka 2.0
  • Hera
  • Chopper
  • Thrawn
  • Baylan
  • Shin
  • Marrok
  • Assassin Droid
Maybe
  • Ezra
  • Sabine with long hair and speeder
  • Huyang
  • Morgan Elsbeth
And this is only what we've seen in the first two episodes and trailers. Could Anakin and Rex make appearances? What about other new characters? This is so exciting!

Back