1/6 Hot Toys - TMS062 - Loki - Sylvie Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as much as I'm enjoying the show, this isn't enough to break my Infinity War/End Game only MCU rule. There have been a few exceptions but nothing from TFWS or Loki so far has lured me. I only got Wanda and Vision from Wandavision to upgrade my existing figures...
I'm kind feeling the same way lately.

I haven't really truly dug any of the marvel shows yet. They're okay at best imo. I like the costume designs so will at least pick up wanda. Just not impressed so far with post infinity saga mcu. Makes it hard to get hyped for loki in a members only jacket or any of the others.

What's with all the Sylvie hate?

Especially after tonight's episode how could you possibly hate her?

There's barely any hate for her on here. Just because people don't want to buy her figure doesn't mean they hate her.

There's barely any hate for her on here. Just because people don't want to buy her figure doesn't mean they hate her.
I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but I definitely didn't dislike the character. I'm not in for the JC Penney catalog Loki figure either and I love Loki as a character as much as anyone. I've got Ragnarok Loki representing the beginning of Infinity War and the upcoming 2012 Loki on pre-order and that's plenty. The show is good, but I don't have the funds or shelf space to spend on characters from it. Same situation as Bucky and Falcon from the last series. Love the characters, thought the figures were great, particularly the Cap Falcon but not enough to add to the collection...

I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but I definitely didn't dislike the character. I'm not in for the JC Penney catalog Loki figure either and I love Loki as a character as much as anyone. I've got Ragnarok Loki representing the beginning of Infinity War and the upcoming 2012 Loki on pre-order and that's plenty. The show is good, but I don't have the funds or shelf space to spend on characters from it. Same situation as Bucky and Falcon from the last series. Love the characters, thought the figures were great, particularly the Cap Falcon but not enough to add to the collection...
I like Sylvie more than I thought, but I won't be buying her figure. I am still deciding between Ragnarok and the upcoming 2012 Loki and that will be my first and only Loki. The new episode is pretty good and she's a distinct character from Loki and not just "female Loki".

I have a feeling that Hot Toys is gauging response on Slyvie right now, and would probably do a 2 pack if the responses are poor.

With 27 posts in a decade, you clearly don't spend enough time on this forum to know there a lot of misogyny that thrives here.

Really odd for a place full of men that collect expensive dolls, lmao.

As with the sequel trilogy, let's please not devolve all criticism into "men bad" or misogyny. There's plenty of female characters of the MCU that are loved by all. I'm sure it accounts for a few detractors, but let's not lump everyone all together.

Personally, I'm not particuarily wowed by her.. Though it was cool to hear thats she's lived in apocalyptic moments her whole life. I'd assumed that was just her tactic to hide from the TVA more recently.

The last episode gave her a bit of a depth which is nice, but I think she's still got a ways to go for me to be into the character enough that I need her in my collection. Hopefully, these next couple episodes are the ones.

With 27 posts in a decade, you clearly don't spend enough time on this forum to know there a lot of misogyny that thrives here.

Really odd for a place full of men that collect expensive dolls, lmao.
Way to oversimplify and generalize...but I guess you're the Green Goblin, you're a villain, that's what you do! :lol

I think her character on the show is just fine. I don't like her or dislike her. She's quite serviceable to the show and like JMT1979 said she definitely is her own distinct character and not just "female Loki"...that being said, she's just not a character I would care to own in figure format. In fact, I don't think the masses are clamoring for a "Sylvie" figure...pretty sure there was more of a demand for Yellowjacket than her...but it's HT and they work in mysterious ways. :dunno

Way to oversimplify and generalize...but I guess you're the Green Goblin, you're a villain, that's what you do! :lol

I think her character on the show is just fine. I don't like her or dislike her. She's quite serviceable to the show and like JMT1979 said she definitely is her own distinct character and not just "female Loki"...that being said, she's just not a character I would care to own in figure format. In fact, I don't think the masses are clamoring for a "Sylvie" figure...pretty sure there was more of a demand for Yellowjacket than her...but it's HT and they work in mysterious ways. :dunno
The masses never seem to be clamoring for female figures until they are sold out. Suddenly everyone needs Hela or Gamora as their “grail”.

The masses never seem to be clamoring for female figures until they are sold out. Suddenly everyone needs Hela or Gamora as their “grail”.
Not necessarily true.

I always wanted a Hela...the likeness HT managed to get out of that sculpt was superb! Same reason I got Shuri...and Nebula...and Gamora! As long as HT knocks it out of the park with the likeness then I'm all on board.

So while I certainly have no interest in a Sylvie figure, if HT manages to kill it in the likeness department I may reconsider...

Not necessarily true.

I always wanted a Hela...the likeness HT managed to get out of that sculpt was superb! Same reason I got Shuri...and Nebula...and Gamora! As long as HT knocks it out of the park with the likeness then I'm all on board.

So while I certainly have no interest in a Sylvie figure, if HT manages to kill it in the likeness department I may reconsider...
But you are one individual, not the masses :lecture

Not true at all. Nebula saw lots of requests for a long time. I believe she's on waitlist now. Gamora herself saw lots "where's gamora?" posts when she was delayed over and over.

There's plenty of fans out there for female figures.

Not true at all. Nebula saw lots of requests for a long time. I believe she's on waitlist now. Gamora herself saw lots "where's gamora?" posts when she was delayed over and over.

There's plenty of fans out there for female figures.
And you could easily get Nebula discounted for below retail from sellers in HK, she wasn't selling well, the price has gone back up now that she's becoming harder to find.
They clearly didn't make a lot of Gamora figures as she went to waitlist pretty quickly, and I'm sure a lot of people cancelled their orders given the delays.

And you could easily get Nebula discounted for below retail from sellers in HK, she wasn't selling well, the price has gone back up now that she's becoming harder to find.
They clearly didn't make a lot of Gamora figures as she went to waitlist pretty quickly, and I'm sure a lot of people cancelled their orders given the delays.

She wasn't discounted stateside and the market isn't soley HK.

Nor does people cancelling due to delays equate to popularity of characters. Hell people cancelled hulkbusters left and right after the insane wait on that one. Some of that delay was even due to engineering improvements. Didn't matter to some. People move on to other stuff. Just the nature of the hobby.

A lot of folks also frequently wait on the next version of character. Which I'm sure in Gamora's case will have a new look for the next guardians film.

Lots of people weren't a fan of any of the scarlet witch looks as they weren't very comic book. Tons of people ordered the wandavision version though. Also, a great example of HK market not being the sole market. HK doesn't even have Disney plus.

Even hot toys themselves have in the past said Black Widow was their top selling character. Yeah not buying the argument that people don't like female figures. Plenty of female figure fans out there.

I like the character (thus far) and although she's not top of my wanted list, I won't rule out picking her up...especially if it's a great likeness.

A great head sculpt would definitely push me a lot closer to ordering the figure. I'm not really sure where'd she fit in my collection, though, which is another problem. Right now my MCU Hot Toys collection is largely Guardians of the Galaxy-focused.

A great head sculpt would definitely push me a lot closer to ordering the figure. I'm not really sure where'd she fit in my collection, though, which is another problem. Right now my MCU Hot Toys collection is largely Guardians of the Galaxy-focused.
I could almost see her fitting in with that group. All the travel to different planets and such. She's kind of in the "cosmic" realm.

Back