1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - Batman (Modern Suit) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is based on a design from a "year-one" story, correct? Or was it something else?
I know i've seen it in other batman media before, because the guns are hard to forget... but I feel like i'm going crazy because I can't find pictures of it anywhere.
Either way, this looks great. I would have loved to see Keaton batman wear this and the blue suit.
View attachment 644155

This is a take on the first appearance of Batman. Costume designer has mentioned that the guns are grappling guns and that bat symbol is from 66 batman.

7oznft.jpg

7ozmvu.gif

7nqh8h.jpg
7o4e1i.jpg
7o42fx.jpg
7o0hji.jpg

Still liking the golden-age pulpy, first appearance inspired one best. The ears do splay out more, as I hoped, surprised by the blue interior cape, (though not crazy about how it meats the cowl), wish it wrapped around the front more, and (for me) that target logo needs to be replaced by a simple stenciled black bat, and needs the vintage beatarang and rope.

This guy can nicely be posed with his dark pulpy predecessors, Zorro, The Shadow, The Phantom.
It's definitely inspired by the first appearances (sans purple gloves) golden-age looks, the more splayed out ears, colors, belt design, shorter gloves, blue interior cape, and gun(s) visual, yes he carried one, holster was on his hip though.

The shoulder holsters (either by coincidence or design) references the First Wave look and/or The Shadow which is probably what is being remembered above, also a take on his original more pulpy roots.
7ozkio.jpg

In the end it is not entirely one or the other, but a new design, meant to tie to the 89 visual narrative.
I can easily imagine this guy evolving from his dark pulpy predecessors, Zorro, The Shadow, The Phantom.
And as an alt reality proto-suit to the 89 Batman.

This is a take on the first appearance of Batman. Costume designer has mentioned that the guns are grappling guns and that bat symbol is from 66 batman.
While if even made, they are likely just sticking to what's on the model, and the guns might not even come out? It'd be nice to have them be removable, and curious to see some attachments, to go with those guns.
that bat symbol is from 66 batman.
If possible, the first thing I'm removing.

Last edited:
Yeah, and to top it off they even gave Keaton his own bad*** batfleck-warehouse scene-like sequence :blissy
I loved that scene. People always complain that Keaton can't turn his head, that he's 5 foot 2 or whatever and the fight scenes looked stiff, while all are true it never registered in my brain while I was watching the Burton Batman films. He's Batman, therefore he's 6"2 and he can fight multiple opponents, same with any iteration of Batman. It's just that technology has finally able to make Keaton fight the way he's supposed to in-universe.

I remember I was really mad at the scene in The Dark Knight where Bruce asks Lucious for an upgrade that could turn his head, that really made no sense to me, as if Nolan was saying "Yeah, the real-life limitations of the suit also applies to the fictional universe" which is stupid.

I loved that scene. People always complain that Keaton can't turn his head, that he's 5 foot 2 or whatever and the fight scenes looked stiff, while all are true it never registered in my brain while I was watching the Burton Batman films. He's Batman, therefore he's 6"2 and he can fight multiple opponents, same with any iteration of Batman. It's just that technology has finally able to make Keaton fight the way he's supposed to in-universe.

I remember I was really mad at the scene in The Dark Knight where Bruce asks Lucious for an upgrade that could turn his head, that really made no sense to me, as if Nolan was saying "Yeah, the real-life limitations of the suit also applies to the fictional universe" which is stupid.
so true...logically speaking, as mentally unstable as bruce wayne might be, i think he definitely wouldn't be insane enough to go fighting bad guys handicapped with a suit that prevents him from turning his head.

so true...logically speaking, as mentally unstable as bruce wayne might be, i think he definitely wouldn't be insane enough to go fighting bad guys handicapped with a suit that prevents him from turning his head.
Here' a fun fact: Ben Affleck was the first Batman actor to wear a rubber cowl that could turn its head thanks to some real life breakthrough in engineering, however the crew that developed the bespoke cowl quit during the filming of JL thus the cowl was stiff again. So does that mean in-universe Batman dediced to downgrade his cowl so he couldn't turn his head again? I think that's a perfect example on why complaining about Keaton mobility is just silly and thankfully this movie finally depicts him as he should be.

After watching the film..this version of Keaton Bats is definitely a must have to any HT collection IMO

So I’m sure it originally wasn’t meant to be a FOMO production or Grail piece..it might be now more than ever as more people watch the film

Here' a fun fact: Ben Affleck was the first Batman actor to wear a rubber cowl that could turn its head thanks to some real life breakthrough in engineering, however the crew that developed the bespoke cowl quit during the filming of JL thus the cowl was stiff again. So does that mean in-universe Batman dediced to downgrade his cowl so he couldn't turn his head again? I think that's a perfect example on why complaining about Keaton mobility is just silly and thankfully this movie finally depicts him as he should be.
yeah which is why i think Burton did a phenomenal job esp in Returns in making the fight scenes look great despite the real-world restrictions of the suit...this film just took the Keaton fight scenes to a whole new level however haha

wish they'd kept the Returns cowl for this new suit tho...that to me was the Goat of the batcowls

Keaton is 5'9. Lol he's not tall as affleck or Bale but I always never noticed as in the 89 film he always looked intimidating without having to take note of the height. But I always find it funny that even when he was cast people back then said he was short when 5'9 is above average height.

I’m still down for getting this figure. Keaton did great for what he had to work with. It’ll be a good piece to go with the other two versions.

I liked his action scenes quite a bit. Can’t wait to actually get this.

Is that The Boys gimmick -- what if superheroes were real?

If there was really a Superman and a Wonder Woman I can pretty much guarantee that they would hook up and take over the world in a bad, Bonnie and Clyde kind of way.
I would say it’s more if superheroes were real, but were actually created by a corporation using a drug they manufactured and gave to ppls babies at birth in exchange for money, so that most ppl would believe these ppl were born with powers. The “heroes” are basically celebrities with endorsements, movies, clothing lines, PR teams, etc. who do virtually whatever they want as long as they keep their public persona in place.

I think it would probably be a little like Superman and Wonder Woman in Injustice for the best outcome (which isn’t great) or Ultraman and Superwoman from Earth-3’s Crime Syndicate (Evil JL) which is more in line with what you said.

Last edited:
The more I see this suit, the more I love it. I think this will be my definitive batman figure.

Wasn't a fan of Batfleck. Wanted something more classic than the Nolan trilogy figures. Will get Batinson because it was such a good movie and it's a cool evolutionary moment of the suit. But this Modern suit just feels like it brings so many elements together in the one suit.
I have some similar feelings. I'm searching for a live action Batman for some time now, but all the previous ones had something I didn't like. The character, the movie, the suit or the figure itself, but this one check every mark on my list. It's nostalgic, it's good looking, I love Bat-Keaton and even if this movie has its flaws, he was perfect in it.

Back