1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - Batman and Batcycle Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting that Affleck is not even credited in this movie. That would explain a lot regarding the "likeness" issues with figures for Hot Toys and McFarlane and others no doubt.

Fysww6PaQAE4nMy.jpeg

I do wonder if it has anything to do with Affleck's recent comments re: working with Gunn going forward.

"When The Hollywood Reporter asked if he was interested in directing a DC film for Gunn, Affleck responded, “I would not direct something for the Gunn DC. Absolutely not.”

Affleck went on to say he has no issues with Gunn, but rather he “just wouldn’t want to go in and direct in the way they’re doing that.”

Then Affleck turning up at the Snydercon.

Clearly more here than meets the eye.

Last edited:
Sure, the figure looks like ass but I after 7 years of just not digging the character I think I can make him work in my collection with some mods.
i feel the same way too…not digging the overall design but it’ll probably eventually end up in the collection anyways :rotfl, as a memento to Batfleck’s final appearance which I thoroughly enjoyed.

in fact i think its ugliness makes it somewhat standout among the batfleck figures haha! That being said, love the blueish cowl, and i feel this is the 1 suit they should have given the tactical goggles to. I Imagine it must have been painful biking at those speeds with no visual protection lol.

So they managed to ‘easily’ top the BVS warehouse fight scene? I’ll believe that when I see it.
Lol I highly doubt that. The warehouse scene is top tier.
It is crazy how we got to “we can’t save them and there’s nothing broken about you that needs fixed” from “WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!?!”
Same reason why we went from “We're criminals, Alfred. We've always been criminals. Nothing's changed.” to ”Faith Alfred, Faith”. It’s this new thing called character development.

A shift in perspective is one of the clearest ways to exhibit development within a character- be it for a more positive or negative outlook.

Interesting that Affleck is not even credited in this movie. That would explain a lot regarding the "likeness" issues with figures for Hot Toys and McFarlane and others no doubt.

View attachment 645248

I do wonder if it has anything to do with Affleck's recent comments re: working with Gunn going forward.

"When The Hollywood Reporter asked if he was interested in directing a DC film for Gunn, Affleck responded, “I would not direct something for the Gunn DC. Absolutely not.”

Affleck went on to say he has no issues with Gunn, but rather he “just wouldn’t want to go in and direct in the way they’re doing that.”

Then Affleck turning up at the Snydercon.

Clearly more here than meets the eye.
Not really. Any issue like likeness would have been sorted out ages ago, especially since the scenes with Batfleck were shot way back in 2021 and the turn around time on an action figure is at least a year. That was well before James Gunn was hired. It is most likely what we already knew going into this: he was done with the Batman role and did this as an exit, and then came back to do the cameo for Aquaman 2 as a favor (or more likely another massive payday) when the release order changeup meant that having Keaton as Batman would make a continuity error.

Despite what some fans believe, he was never coming back as Batman full time. Even before he publicly said he wasn't going to be directing for the new DCU, James Gunn had already said his new Batman wouldn't be Affleck. Showing up at Snydercon was most likely exactly what it appeared to be on the surface: dude being a bro and doing his good buddy a solid.

I know some people here are very bitter at James Gunn for not restoring the Snyderverse, but that was already not happening even before he took over. The idea that Ben was totally onboard and then backed out at the last second because of smelly, mean ole' Gunn is just projection.

Not really. Any issue like likeness would have been sorted out ages ago, especially since the scenes with Batfleck were shot way back in 2021 and the turn around time on an action figure is at least a year. That was well before James Gunn was hired. It is most likely what we already knew going into this: he was done with the Batman role and did this as an exit, and then came back to do the cameo for Aquaman 2 as a favor (or more likely another massive payday) when the release order changeup meant that having Keaton as Batman would make a continuity error.

Despite what some fans believe, he was never coming back as Batman full time. Even before he publicly said he wasn't going to be directing for the new DCU, James Gunn had already said his new Batman wouldn't be Affleck. Showing up at Snydercon was most likely exactly what it appeared to be on the surface: dude being a bro and doing his good buddy a solid.

I know some people here are very bitter at James Gunn for not restoring the Snyderverse, but that was already not happening even before he took over. The idea that Ben was totally onboard and then backed out at the last second because of smelly, mean ole' Gunn is just projection.
He wasn't talking about playing Batman, he was talking about not directing anything for Gunn and what they were wanting to do.

He wasn't talking about playing Batman, he was talking about not directing anything for Gunn and what they were wanting to do.
No, Affleck mentioned how over he was of being Batman long before Gunn came on board. People seem to forget the alcohol and personal life issues he was going through during the time Justice League came out. He wanted nothing to do with playing Batman after that movie due to the terrible experience he had with it.

OUN1zZI.png

8V7Txd6.png

He only recently said how much of a good time he had on The Flash with his small part and that he wouldn't be returning to direct anything under Gunns new universe since he was done with the role. People just like to pin the blame on Gunn due to having a hard on for Snyderverse.

This is one of the easiest passes on a “Snyderverse“ figure that I’ve ever made.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but after watching the film, the bike's proportions looked more in line with what HT sculpted than the stunt version used for filming. I was worried that HT was cutting costs by shortening the bike, but the resemblance between screen and toy seems pretty good. Perhaps the longer bike was more practical when shooting the film, and the intention had always been to truncate it in post.

I’m kind of leaning towards getting this figure to go with the modern suit Batman, The Flash, and hopefully Supergirl.

We’ll have to see how deep the line goes. I’d like to collect them all but if the variant Batsuits get made I may not get all of them.

No, Affleck mentioned how over he was of being Batman long before Gunn came on board. People seem to forget the alcohol and personal life issues he was going through during the time Justice League came out. He wanted nothing to do with playing Batman after that movie due to the terrible experience he had with it.

OUN1zZI.png

8V7Txd6.png

He only recently said how much of a good time he had on The Flash with his small part and that he wouldn't be returning to direct anything under Gunns new universe since he was done with the role. People just like to pin the blame on Gunn due to having a hard on for Snyderverse.
That's ancient history, he said that when he was at the depths of his issues with divorce and drinking and the previous execs who caused all the on set issues. I've followed this intensively over the years, but think whatever you want, as will I.

Believe me there's enough blame put on the Snyderverse, so it goes both ways. But enjoy your Amanda Waller show and all the jokes and fun we'll have in DC going forward.

I thought it was pretty obvious when he's just stood there in the bat suit it's definitely him in it.
With how some here were saying the scenes he shot that he was never in costume it's funny that it turns out he was. It's obvious because it's him sure but everyone else thought otherwise.

That's ancient history, he said that when he was at the depths of his issues with divorce and drinking and the previous execs who caused all the on set issues. I've followed this intensively over the years, but think whatever you want, as will I.

Believe me there's enough blame put on the Snyderverse, so it goes both ways. But enjoy your Amanda Waller show and all the jokes and fun we'll have in DC going forward.
The problem with the Snyderverse whether you want to acknowledge it or not is that it just wasn’t that successful.

I liked aspects of it including Affleck as Batman and even have grown to liking the films more but they weren’t very well received by critics or audiences. Yes, I know there are the diehard fans but they’re a minority.

It doesn’t make sense to keep pushing forward and beating a dead horse trying to force it to happen.

Back