1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we know why the first Ren didn't come with a head sculpt, that is pretty horrible, one of the worst I have seen lately out of Hot Toys. Not an easy sculpt but I wouldn't display him with that head, its not the paint either, its something with the actual sculpt (and hair maybe)

BBTS charging NRD now on these HT figures- the main reason I buy from them is gone now....arghh

Yep. They will lose business that's for sure.

But maybe they don't want to get burned on stock from a movie that isn't even out yet. If the movie sucks, everyone will cancel.

I would never pay an NRD unless its absolutely something that I know I will want even a year from now.

:lecture wise words...

I'll be shocked if the NRD is a regular thing. They had it for the Hulk figure that went up a few weeks ago as well and then nothing since then until these TLJ figures.

And Malgus, I think I'll preorder a random figure today at BBTS and cancel it next week just in your honor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm so glad they did this and it looks great - will be a PO for me. Kylo is one of my favorite SW characters. I have the typical response to the release of a new head sculpt buuut, I have to say it. The likeness is a little too off to me. They did a good job obviously - but I hope they do a little tweaking to get a better likeness. I thought their unreleased 1/4 sculpt looked a little more like Driver. Either way it's not a major issue to me and it's a good figure.

I'll be shocked if the NRD is a regular thing. They had it for the Hulk figure that went up a few weeks ago as well and then nothing since then until these TLJ figures.

And Malgus, I think I'll preorder a random figure today at BBTS and cancel it next week just in your honor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thereby causing BBTS to increase the amount of figures with NRD. Very smart.

Hot Toys Adam sculpts for comparison...

HT16-sizzle-755-1.jpg
Kylo-Ren-Hot-Toys-7-600x420.jpg

Could BBTS be doing NRD only on Hot Toys figures with head sculpts? There is usually a difference between a prototype and final product, perhaps they see more cancelations due to that?

Please guys, keep them in business at least until I receive my Luke ROTJ and Leia ESB. 😀

Man they should have kept the helmet. I just can't stand Adam Drivers face, lacks any sort of menacing features.

I don't know, I think the sculpt is pretty good. I would definitely opt for the unmasked look if I get this.

I'm honestly assuming the NRD is for Episode 8 stuff because of how badly Ep 7 stuff sold. They just put Tarkin up for preorder with NRD, I think for OT stuff they'll be fine, but we'll see. I'm sure they had a ton of Phasma cancellations after her character stunk.

The real test is to see if there's a NRD on the next Hot Toys they put up that isn't ep 8 related.

They haven't put any HT up for pre-order since the Executioner Trooper (which was the first to have NRD on it as far as I know).

Starting to think I'm gonna dislike TLJ as much as I did TFA. That's not ok. :(

Back