1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would agree that TFA Kylo is most likely going to be his most iconic look, or the look that's synonymous with him.

That's why they're deflecting by bringing Snoke in -- to cover the "evil" for the movie.

I hope kids here didn't think Kylo was the villain of this trilogy.

Is this not a forum to discuss opinions? A lot of other on here seem to share the same feelings as I do. I didn't say anywhere it's terrible, just not memorable. Big difference.. If everyone on here just cheered and praised things would get pretty boring.

If you're saying his new costume isn't memorable, I agree. If you're saying the TFA costume isn't memorable, I completely disagree.

Literally anyone that knows anything about Star Wars, if you show them a picture - they'll know that's Kylo Ren. If a dude walks into a kids classroom wearing TFA Kylo Ren's costume, pretty sure everyone will know exactly who it is. They're not going to ask "where the ice cream is".

That's the definition of memorable.

That's why they're deflecting by bringing Snoke in -- to cover the "evil" for the movie.

I hope kids here didn't think Kylo was the villain of this trilogy.

People were thinking it's going to be Kylo?

Everyone knows it's going to end up being Luke who turns. :lol

If you're saying his new costume isn't memorable, I agree. If you're saying the TFA costume isn't memorable, I completely disagree.

Literally anyone that knows anything about Star Wars, if you show them a picture - they'll know that's Kylo Ren. If a dude walks into a kids classroom wearing TFA Kylo Ren's costume, pretty sure everyone will know exactly who it is. They're not going to ask "where the ice cream is".

That's the definition of memorable.

The only somewhat cool facet of Kylo's look in TFA IS his mask. Take that away and he's a big nosed skinny white boy. Nothing scary at all. Like I said, I feel it was a big mistake on Disney's part to lose the evil look. In every SW movie, everyone is terrified of Vader, Imperials and Rebels. In TFA Kylo walks up to Poe after like 10 minutes of screen time and he pretty much laughs in his face and showed no fear at all. That's not saying much for the main villain

He looks like Dooku to me.

And Dooku was a very lazy design. Supposed to appeal to those who wanted to see Christopher Lee as Dracula again, Count and all. Real clever, George.

Did you see the episode of the Clone Wars cartoon where Count Dooku blackmailed the space bank into raising interest rates on the Republic?

People were thinking it's going to be Kylo?

Everyone knows it's going to end up being Luke who turns. :lol

I'm beginning to hope luke turns evil and slaughters the whole Kathleen Kennedy cast. Technically I think that makes him a hero.

I suppose he could spare BB8

Why do people have to get so upset if someone doesn't like what they like. I grew up in tough times. I was 5 when SW came out. As A teenager I had to hide my love for SW unless I had friends who shared that same love. And never ever was it cool to wear a t-shirt to high school or even jr high. These younglings have it way too easy today..... :lol Everything is now mainstream and accepted. Wish it could've been like that in my day!! :(

The only somewhat cool facet of Kylo's look in TFA IS his mask. Take that away and he's a big nosed skinny white boy. Nothing scary at all. Like I said, I feel it was a big mistake on Disney's part to lose the evil look. In every SW movie, everyone is terrified of Vader, Imperials and Rebels. In TFA Kylo walks up to Poe after like 10 minutes of screen time and he pretty much laughs in his face and showed no fear at all. That's not saying much for the main villain

Take away Vader's suit he's a whiny Mama's boy who got his **** burnt off because he was a sissy ***** for 3 movies in a row. That's not the point we are talking about.

I'm saying literally just the costume's of the characters are instantly recognizable. If you say "Kylo Ren" to a kid, I'm betting what comes to their mind is Kylo in his TFA robes, the mask, the hood, the scarf, the lightsaber, etc. Just like when you say "Darth Vader" to a kid, they think of Vader in his armor rather than what's under it.

Our opinions of the characters themselves are irrelevant - as they vary from person to person. That has absolutely nothing to do with iconography. If that's the case, then saying that Willrow Hood is the most iconic character from Star Wars would simply make it true.

Huh, weird. Looks like BBTS is having people do down payments for PO's for this one

I'm beginning to hope luke turns evil and slaughters the whole Kathleen Kennedy cast. Technically I think that makes him a hero.

I suppose he could spare BB8

In all seriousness, I do hope they don't have Luke turn bad. He's sort of supposed to be the "incorruptable Jedi" to me. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he does in a major plot twist, in which he teaches Rey the ways of The Force and his mind starts going down a dark path. Deep into her training, Rey recognizes what path Luke is taking and wants no part of it.

I think Hamill has expressed interest in the past that he would like to see the character turn bad. Perhaps that was one of the stipulations in order for him to return.

The figure looks nice to me, I will be flex paying Mr Driver here for my bad guy collection.

Im one of the very few that actually likes his look in TLJ. Kinda cool they didnt stick to the formula and leave the bad guy with the exact same look imo.

Back