1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Kylo Ren Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new Hulk has an NRD, the new stormtrooper, and the new Kylo Ren. The unifying theme is that BBTS still has the previous versions of all those characters in stock, years later. Seems pretty simple to me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The new Hulk has an NRD, the new stormtrooper, and the new Kylo Ren. The unifying theme is that BBTS still has the previous versions of all those characters in stock, years later. Seems pretty simple to me?

Someone did their homework. :clap

No question mark at the end of your sentence though. A-

I guess I'll wait for Episode 9 Kylo because this doesn't look good at all, especially the sculpt... Maybe it's the hair, but either way i'm not digging it at all. Hopefully it looks better when it's finished.

I'd like to get him, but not top priority. He'll probably be produced in much smaller numbers than The Force Awakens version. Quantities all across the board seem to have gone down quite a bit.

I'd like to get him, but not top priority. He'll probably be produced in much smaller numbers than The Force Awakens version. Quantities all across the board seem to have gone down quite a bit.

Definitely a good thing IMO. To me it takes a bit of the collectibility away if they produce a crap ton. Especially when you can't even give away most of the TFA line at this point.

I enjoyed TFA and I'm sure I'll enjoy TLJ but as far as the figures, unless I see a Poe, I'm done with them. I'll concentrate more on the OT figures.

Definitely a good thing IMO. To me it takes a bit of the collectibility away if they produce a crap ton. Especially when you can't even give away most of the TFA line at this point.

I'd like it to be kind of in-between. Not so overproduced that they're hanging around for a couple years, but enough that they're around at least a couple months or so after release as I like to see in-hand pics and buy when things come in-stock. Civil War War Machine and the Snowspeeder Luke are a couple examples that didn't make it past the pre-order stage.

Vader, a timeless classic.................................... Kylo Ren, easily forgettable.

vader kylo.jpg

20 years from now, Vader will still be hailed as an iconic cinema Villain. Meanwhile people will say Kylo who??!

I have to admit, I'm kind of shocked about all the negativity in this thread. We knew:

1. What his Last Jedi design looks like. We've known for months and those that didn't know somehow, all found out last week during force Friday.

2. What exactly was everyone wanting? Let's be real. This is Hot Toys. We're getting troopers, Kylo and Rey. NOTHING after that is certain. I think there'll be more but those are the only ones that you can bet the farm on. I do think we'll get Poe this time and I wouldn't be shocked if we get another Finn or Luke. But let's not go nuts. I sense Hot Toys is going to start making less figures from all the lines, not just Star Wars. I am not in anyway convinced Avengers Infinity War is going to be the "hot toys reckoning" many think it will be.

As for this figure, I think it looks pretty good. I have the first Kylo Ren but I always felt he was too tall. This looks a bit more scaled correctly and I like the new suit too. It's different enough that I don't feel I'm getting ripped off for buying him again but the "same" enough that it doesn't seem like a totally different character whom, in this case, is so far my favorite of the new trilogy so i'm likely going to buy this.

Really, what did everybody expect?

He looks like Dooku to me.

And Dooku was a very lazy design. Supposed to appeal to those who wanted to see Christopher Lee as Dracula again, Count and all. Real clever, George.

Vader, a timeless classic.................................... Kylo Ren, easily forgettable.

View attachment 364362

20 years from now, Vader will still be hailed as an iconic cinema Villain. Meanwhile people will say Kylo who??!

Vader is a classic but eventually...people will think highly of Ren too even if it's just the people who are young seeing theses movies now. Look how many people hate the prequel characters and how now they have a fanbase and people want figures of them. The sequel trilogy will be the same. Regardless of what us "oldies" in our 30's, 40's, and 50's think of him, Kylo Ren will be well liked eventually no matter what.

View attachment 364362

Lol and you're comparing to TLJ Kylo as opposed to TFA Kylo which basically everyone agrees will be the "iconic" Kylo Ren look...

If you all hate Kylo Ren, why are you even in this thread?

Meanwhile, his costume in TFA is already pretty iconic and instantly recognizable. Next time, make a valid argument instead of using the new look that no one has seen the movie of yet to make a comparison? lol

rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2F0e5b12e7-8b78-45be-b546-08da1ca7b9da.jpg

Vader is a classic but eventually...people will think highly of Ren too even if it's just the people who are young seeing theses movies now. Look how many people hate the prequel characters and how now they have a fanbase and people want figures of them. The sequel trilogy will be the same. Regardless of what us "oldies" in our 30's, 40's, and 50's think of him, Kylo Ren will be well liked eventually no matter what.

He'll never have the same visual appeal as Vader did. Sure fans will remember him, but he'll never make the list of most iconic on screen villains of all time. Vader will never leave that list... NEVER. Kylo won't even be a blip on the radar as of now. It's not that it's a bad design, it just doesn't resonate with me. I don't feel the need, want, or desire to have a representation of the character in my Star Wars collection. Unfortunately I feel that way about everything to date Disney has designed, other than BB-8.

A person in a Vader costume can walk into a party room of small young children and frighten them just by sight whether they know who he is or not. Kylo Ren walks into the same party room and the same little kids ask him where's the ice cream? He NEVER should've taken the mask off, at least not in the 1st movie.. Keep the audience wondering... Wanting to see more. These Star Wars movies have no magic for me. My son is 11 and he feels the same. He still wants all OT & PQ stuff.

Lol and you're comparing to TLJ Kylo as opposed to TFA Kylo which basically everyone agrees will be the "iconic" Kylo Ren look...

If you all hate Kylo Ren, why are you even in this thread?

Meanwhile, his costume in TFA is already pretty iconic and instantly recognizable. Next time, make a valid argument instead of using the new look that no one has seen the movie of yet to make a comparison? lol

Is this not a forum to discuss opinions? A lot of other on here seem to share the same feelings as I do. I didn't say anywhere it's terrible, just not memorable. Big difference.. If everyone on here just cheered and praised things would get pretty boring.

Back