1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS590 - Venom - Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price of this thing is crazy, but it looks so good and there is a lot of time. So tempting. Can't decide if that extra head from sideshow is worth paying for tax through them. Does it go on his back or is it just an extra?

The price of this thing is crazy, but it looks so good and there is a lot of time. So tempting. Can't decide if that extra head from sideshow is worth paying for tax through them. Does it go on his back or is it just an extra?

Yeah, I honestly thought it was more of an action figure vs a typical hot toy at first
400 is really high imo

I waited so long for this to be announced and decided to order the Sofbinal Venom a couple of weeks ago because I have up on this ever happening.... oh, well. I guess I saved some money.

Where would you be able to order this without tax in WA?

Price is high I agree but everything about this figure seems to be brand new and specially made for it, body, head, accessories, etc. so cant blame them for the price if they had to put a lot of work into it.

But Im gonna wait until closer to the time to see if I want to pay it or not, would love a Venom, just doesnt fit into my collection right now.

A quick montage I just did to compare sizes, I used Sideshow comparison chart. I added the venom in neutral pose with tongue out, Thanos and put Spiderman and venom in the same image. Enjoy. 38 cm.

venom size.JPG

Woah, woah, woah, there’s a sixty quid difference between the regular and deluxe version and all it gets you is one extra ’maw?’ Then hell no! If it was twenty I’d probably go for it but having just two of those things will surely be enough.

I think Hot Toys would have done themselves a lot of favours if they had announced this before all the other "venomised". I think the other Venomised pieces would have gone down a lot better had the fans known what they ideally wanted was being made also, because the others from a quality perspective are stellar, and they would have gotten more buzz being announced after this release.

Either way, this isn't for me, but those who want him should go get him. I'm happy just to see something really new and different. I think this is what fans are getting riled up at, is the quality is there to produce exciting stuff they want but Hot Toys keep pumping out pretty safe stuff, but that pretty safe stuff is easier to swallow when you're actively showing and releasing stuff a lot of people will be clamoring for.

Just damn, that polarized paint and vinyl for the skin is damned spot on, wasn't sure if they could ever pull that off, but insane. Props to Hot Toys, showing they're still world leading. Those headsculpts are sublime.

I pre ordered this already and glad it came up for Po so quickly, but Gambit was announced weeks ago and still no PO is available. Sorry! I m just inpatient. I degress.

There is no difference between the 2 versions in pricing. Why would anyone not buy the special edition?

In Europe, sellers do not offer special editions, those are only exclusive to HK and Sideshow. The only way to purchase a special edition for us would be to order directly from the Sideshow or Hong Kong and pay import taxes (add 30% to the price) .. btw keep in mind that the European prices for figures, without taxes, are already higher than in the US.

So special edition Venom purchased via Sideshow from Europe would be around 600 USD :)

So yeah ...

In Europe, sellers do not offer special editions, those are only exclusive to HK and Sideshow. The only way to purchase a special edition for us would be to order directly from the Sideshow or Hong Kong and pay import taxes (add 30% to the price) .. btw keep in mind that the European prices for figures, without taxes, are already higher than in the US.

So special edition Venom purchased via Sideshow from Europe would be around 600 USD :)

So yeah ...

Aah I see, thank you for your clear explanation!

BTW it is possible that this Venom figure is related to the Venom sequel (Venom: Let There Be Carnage)?

That would explain the weapons this figure comes with, which he did not use in the first movie, and also the tentacle heads that we also did not see in the first movie.

BTW it is possible that this Venom figure is related to the Venom sequel (Venom: Let There Be Carnage)?

That would explain the weapons this figure comes with, which he did not use in the first movie, and also the tentacle heads that we also did not see in the first movie.

I was thinking the same thing. We discussed back a few pages but others think it was HT’s choice being a little more liberal with the designs shared with them. I’m in the camp you’re in though. Especially because the second one would have been released around the time this was announced.

Probably not, they likely felt they had to include a few more accessories to justify the price. Maybe they are from concept art and its just HT utilising some artistic license.

Back