1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS590 - Venom - Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh baby.

Now I gotta figure out somewhere to put this guy.

bEATfXs.jpg

Hello everyone,

I registered here to first ask you your opinion on that figure and wether or not I should get the new version that is up for pre-order with the new head.

Venom is my favorite Spider-Man villain (well I've red the debate, villain, hero, anti-hero, whatever you please), I have the Marvel Select Disney Store Collectible that I love, but I've always wanted a bigger figure of him, but none was up to my demands, until this one...
I feel this is the best Venom figure that will ever be made, it costs a little fortune, but I could exceptionally get it, I might regret if I don't.
But I have never own a singe Hot Toys figure, and I am very worried about the rubber material used and the risks of cracking.
I don't really have a proper room for that, no temperature control, very hot and dry in summer (between 30° and 40°), cold in winter (I'm not heating a room just for a figure), so a lot of temperature viariation through the year, and on top of that no glass cabinet, which means dust (but I try to clean that on my collection once a month).

Do you think it is hopeless and that this figure won't survive under those conditions ?
I've done some researches and will be using some silicone (Official Shin-Etsu Silicone) to grease up that figure every 3 months, and will of course avoid direct sun/UV contact on the figure that will be left on a neutral pose.
This Venom does not seem to have so many fragile rubber parts though, since the articulations are visible, only the torso makes me worried, especially around the head.

I am actually asking the question here to know the opinion of people who alwready own the figure.

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I registered here to first ask you your opinion on that figure and wether or not I should get the new version that is up for pre-order with the new head.

Venom is my favorite Spider-Man villain (well I've red the debate, villain, hero, anti-hero, whatever you please), I have the Marvel Select Disney Store Collectible that I love, but I've always wanted a bigger figure of him, but none was up to my demands, until this one...
I feel this is the best Venom figure that will ever be made, it costs a little fortune, but I could exceptionally get it, I might regret if I don't.
But I have never own a singe Hot Toys figure, and I am very worried about the rubber material used and the risks of cracking.
I don't really have a proper room for that, no temperature control, very hot and dry in summer (between 30° and 40°), cold in winter (I'm not heating a room just for a figure), so a lot of temperature viariation through the year, and on top of that no glass cabinet, which means dust (but I try to clean that on my collection once a month).

Do you think it is hopeless and that this figure won't survive under those conditions ?
I've done some researches and will be using some silicone (Official Shin-Etsu Silicone) to grease up that figure every 3 months, and will of course avoid direct sun/UV contact on the figure.
This Venom does not seem to have so many fragile rubber parts though, since the articulations are visible, only the torso makes me worried, especially around the head.

I am actually asking the question here to know the opinion of people who alwready own the figure.

Thanks a lot
I think if you are able to put in a preorder for the newest one and you can get your money back or not lose much of a deposit, then you should do that.

Since this figure doesn't come out for another year, that will give you time to see how the current figure holds up for everyone. Currently it's only been out for a couple months, so not much to go off on that at the moment. I think if you keep out of direct sun light and try to care for it each month you may have luck with it.

Ask around every so often on how the current figure is holding up, especially after a cold season and then hot season. If bad reports start coming in, then look at canceling your order. If not, go for it and add to your collection.

I think if you are able to put in a preorder for the newest one and you can get your money back or not lose much of a deposit, then you should do that.

Since this figure doesn't come out for another year, that will give you time to see how the current figure holds up for everyone. Currently it's only been out for a couple months, so not much to go off on that at the moment. I think if you keep out of direct sun light and try to care for it each month you may have luck with it.

Ask around every so often on how the current figure is holding up, especially after a cold season and then hot season. If bad reports start coming in, then look at canceling your order. If not, go for it and add to your collection.

Thanks for your anwser !

Of course I have thought of that, and that is probably what I will do.
But I'm afraid most of collectors here have a proper room to display those figures, unlike me :(
It won't tell me if this Venom can survive the hard environment of my room haha.

I would need feedback from collectors that are in the same situation as me (hot/cold temp, no glass cabinet) and that own HT figures, do they degrade over time ?
By the way are they made of rubber or silicone (especially this Venom) ?

Last edited:
The body suit does feel pretty fragile. I'm definitely not going to try to pull off any extreme poses.

It's pretty much a crap shoot with hot toys whether they're going to hold up or not but it does seem like they've gotten a little better jn recent years with their choices in materials.

The body suit does feel pretty fragile. I'm definitely not going to try to pull off any extreme poses.

It's pretty much a crap shoot with hot toys whether they're going to hold up or not but it does seem like they've gotten a little better jn recent years with their choices in materials.

Damnit they could provide better materials for the crazy price they are asking.
Keeping this figure is like a toss-up, not sure I want to try that one given how much it costs.

Hello everyone,

I've done some researches and will be using some silicone (Official Shin-Etsu Silicone) to grease up that figure every 3 months, and will of course avoid direct sun/UV contact on the figure that will be left on a neutral pose.

Thanks a lot
I'm a little confused on what you are talking about. The entire body of Venom is covered in the rubber material
and all of the articulation is under that material.
Honestly, I think that it is just a matter of time before the rubber body deteriorates. That being said,
it needs to be in some type of controlled environment. With no way to control the interior temp of your
residence, the onset of deterioration will just happen a lot sooner than later.

Hello everyone,

Thanks a lot
If you're going to get 1 Venom figure, i'd go for the original version from the 1st movie, as it's the OG version [and welcome to the forum!] :)

I'm a little confused on what you are talking about. The entire body of Venom is covered in the rubber material
and all of the articulation is under that material.
Honestly, I think that it is just a matter of time before the rubber body deteriorates. That being said,
it needs to be in some type of controlled environment. With no way to control the interior temp of your
residence, the onset of deterioration will just happen a lot sooner than later.

Yes sorry, I was talking about the shoulders and hips articulations: they chose not to cover those with rubber skin, making them visible.
Many people are upset about this, but for me it is a good thing, it means less cracking risks on those parts.
But of course, the other articulations: elbows and knees still have this problem.

I'm hearing what you are saying.
You are probably right, so I think this is a pass for me sadly, if only they had made it with hard plastic everywhere...
Such a shame that they use that material, that figure has tones of possible poses, and yet I'm sure many owners are just leaving it in neutral museum stand just because they are afraid of breaking it ><
Why giving it articulations then ?

So I still want one of my favorite Spider-Man villain in 1/6.
Maybe Green Goblin ? What do you think about the Fiend from Toys Era ? I heard it was made in a better and more flexible material than the HT.
Do you think it can survive under my conditions or same story ?

Thanks

Last edited:
If you're going to get 1 Venom figure, i'd go for the original version from the 1st movie, as it's the OG version [and welcome to the forum!] :)
Well this figure is nowhere to be found in my country now, and I'd rather get the new one for the second head.
Also I don't really care about the movie, did not even watch it sorry :/
Yea I like Venom, but as a villain only, not some comical protagonist.

Thanks for your welcoming, don't worry I'm not there only for that topic ^^
I also want to make some custom figures, I hope there is a section for that on this forum.

I must say he looks cool with the villains. I wonder what the mcu venom will be like tho.

Given the extreme temperature changes you describe in that room (garage?), I'd say the rubber will start to deteriorate within a year. Save your money. Stick with a Marvel Select or similar brand of hard plastic figure. If you really want a big version, buy a statue.

Given the extreme temperature changes you describe in that room (garage?), I'd say the rubber will start to deteriorate within a year. Save your money. Stick with a Marvel Select or similar brand of hard plastic figure. If you really want a big version, buy a statue.

No it's not even a garage, it's a normal bedroom in temperate climate ><
But my house has bad isolation, and the sun is directly on it during summer, and it becomes extremely hot.
I have alwready mesured the hygrometry in such circonstances, and it was really dry.
It's not going to get any better in the coming years.
I don't need to heat the room in winter, the other figures are doing fine, so I don't see myself doing it just for HT Venom :eek:

Ok you are probably right.
I still wanted a1/6 Spider-Man villain, so I have settled for this:

Diamon Select Premier Lizard Statue, one of my favorite Spider-Man villain:

200 dollars for a statue of this size and quality is very good imo, and it's resin.

I might get their next Green Goblin as well, but I don't know if it will fit with the Lizard and other 1/6 or 1/7 size wise.

I would have prefered a movie accurate Green Goblin, but it does not seem to exist as statues...
And I have yet to see another 1/6 venom statue that I like.

Ok thanks for your help everyone, sorry for disgressing with other products, just wanted to share these with you !
Of course a Sinister Six 1/6 Hot Toys collection would have been a dream for me, but I'd rather stay realistic, and I'll save some money on top of that.
I really need to stop watching all the awesome pictures of Venom you are still posting here :love:

Last edited:
I think if you really want the HT venom fig you should get it. I used to be really apprehensive about getting hot toys figures because of the price too but the enjoyment I get from having them in my collection makes it worth it to me.

No it's not even a garage, it's a normal bedroom in temperate climate ><
But my house has bad isolation, and the sun is directly on it during summer, and it becomes extremely hot.
I have alwready mesured the hygrometry in such circonstances, and it was really dry.
It's not going to get any better in the coming years.
I don't need to heat the room in winter, the other figures are doing fine, so I don't see myself doing it just for HT Venom :eek:

Ok you are probably right.
I still wanted a1/6 Spider-Man villain, so I have settled for this:

Diamon Select Premier Lizard Statue, one of my favorite Spider-Man villain:

200 dollars for a statue of this size and quality is very good imo, and it's resin.

I might get their next Green Goblin as well, but I don't know if it will fit with the Lizard and other 1/6 or 1/7 size wise.

I would have prefered a movie accurate Green Goblin, but it does not seem to exist as statues...
And I have yet to see another 1/6 venom statue that I like.

Ok thanks for your help everyone, sorry for disgressing with other products, just wanted to share these with you !
Of course a Sinister Six 1/6 Hot Toys collection would have been a dream for me, but I'd rather stay realistic, and I'll save some money on top of that.
I really need to stop watching all the awesome pictures of Venom and pictures you are still posting here :love:
The statues are awesome!

Man, I love this figure! So much so, that I had to pick up a second one from
my LCS. I decided to pose this one with a Spidey.

Attachments

• IMG_20220131_225424474.jpg
    IMG_20220131_225424474.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 44
Well in the end I followed Earth 616 Collector advice and pre-ordered it.
I think he is right, I'm not risking anything by pre-ordering it.
It gives me time to see how well the model ages on a short time, I will be able to check the temperatures in the room this summer, maybe I over exagerated them.
By the time it finally arrives I will have made my decision, and if I don't want to keep it, I can just not open it and sell it.
I'm sure I can make some benefits out of it, sorry I usually don't do that, but the matter is a bit different here.

Back