1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Postman just arrived!! :D

Spidey_Mark6.jpg

LOVE the finish on this guy, he nice and hefty… and the metallic gold paint they used
looks to be a brand new paint and 100% PERFECTION!

Mark6.jpg

I am not knocking anyone who loves the plastic versions of this, the Mark 4, Mark 7, etc…
But IMO, these die cast series figures are hands down the BEST Iron Man figures we will ever get,
from ANY company. Kudos to J.C. Hong and his team… AGAIN!

Thanks guys!

Yeah, first thing I noticed was the gold faceplate. I think this is the best gold they have done to date.
Looks really screen accurate to me.

Really am thinking about skipping the Diecast Mark IV and double dipping on this guy to have
a Battle Damaged one to pair with War Machine Mark I, since this one will be the clean version
in my original Avengers display (replacing my plastic Mark VII).

I do like the Gantry setup, though… :gah:

I'm torn 3 ways now for my single Iron Man (if I do get one). This, Diecast Mark IV or wait for Diecast Mark VII.

If you prefer a triangular reactor, get this one. If you prefer a round reactor, but this body type, wait for Mark IV (Q4 2018). If you prefer a round reactor, but a beefier body type, wait for Mark VII (probably releasing Q4 of 2019).
I’m already getting this one, but I’m torn between getting all three or not. I already have Mark VII regular and Stealth editions (my only other 2 HT Iron Man figs), but I’m down for a diecast version too.

LOVE the finish on this guy, he nice and hefty… and the metallic gold paint they used

View attachment 386524

I am not knocking anyone who loves the plastic versions of this, the Mark 4, Mark 7, etc…
But IMO, these die cast series figures are hands down the BEST Iron Man figures we will ever get,

It's so close to perfection. Just the Arc reactor isn't bright enough to light up the entire triangle like it's supposed to.

I can never for the life of me get the screws out of the arms of these iron men figures to put batteries in. Anyone know any tricks to loosening these things up? I'm practically stripping the screw head and its not budging.

I can never for the life of me get the screws out of the arms of these iron men figures to put batteries in. Anyone know any tricks to loosening these things up? I'm practically stripping the screw head and its not budging.

You gotta hold the screwdriver down real firm on the actual screw when you twist. If that ain't working then resort to using an actual screwdriver and not the tiny version provided by HT.

I had that issue with WM Mk III and when I resorted to using an actual screwdriver it worked.

View attachment 386524

Man, that gold paint app looks amazing! :clap

Does anyone think they would eventually redo all the house party suits in die cast?
I think it's unlikely but I just can't say for sure.

Back