1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys . I’m so close to pulling the trigger on this mark vi.
If you're on the fence but likely will purchase at some point, may as well do it sooner than later. Secondary market doesn't appear to be very kind price wise, based on some of the bigger HK sellers.

I don't see this one being a figure you can snag new for cheap months or a year after being sold out.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

More pics! (first post was here, second post was here.) What an incredible figure. I wonder though why they didn't include battle-damaged parts for the silver biceps, since they're already a removable piece you need to take off to access the light switches and batteries.

DSC_0114.jpgDSC_0120.jpgDSC_0153.jpgDSC_0164.jpgDSC_0161.jpgDSC_0197.jpgDSC_0180.jpgDSC_0205.jpg

More pics! (first post was here, second post was here.) What an incredible figure. I wonder though why they didn't include battle-damaged parts for the silver biceps, since they're already a removable piece you need to take off to access the light switches and batteries.

View attachment 397911View attachment 397912View attachment 397913View attachment 397916View attachment 397914View attachment 397915View attachment 397917View attachment 397918

Awesome pics!

Got my Mark VI cracked open today, and he's pretty cool! Like with every Iron Man/War Machine I've gotten so far, though, he came with some issues that have dampened my initial impression. Both ankles were very loose to the point where it was impossible to have him stand up on his own. I was able to get a small screwdriver wedged in there and tighten the screws a little, which was a failry hairy process because of having to sorta of wedge the leg panels apart with the screwdriver just to get to the screw, but hopefully they will stay tight now and everything popped back together and looks good as new. I've never had a DC figure before that couldn't stand on his own so I'm going to keep an eye on it over the next couple weeks and hopefully there will be no need to try for a replacement.

Also, the exclusive head is neat since it was the same price as the normal version, but I wouldn't get in too much of a hurry to order the figure just because of that, especially since it doesn't even fit on the body. If I didn't have a ton of rewards to use on this then I would have just waited for a deal. Sure, the regular version *might* sell out everywhere soon, but the last few mainline Iron Man figures hint that they made plenty and deals will pop up after a few months. We'll see though!

View attachment 397911View attachment 397912View attachment 397913View attachment 397916View attachment 397914View attachment 397915View attachment 397917View attachment 397918

Your pictures make me jealous, and I have the freaking thing on myself.

Nice photos! Can't wait for mine to arrive probably at the end of the month.

^***applause***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love this one... but all are terrific.

Awesome pics!

Beautiful shot. Love the intricate details -- like the way the light catches the gears under the arm.

Your pictures make me jealous, and I have the freaking thing on myself.
Thanks, fellas! I may have to take a few more now that I replaced the batteries in the head and chest.

Thanks guys . I’m so close to pulling the trigger on this mark vi.

I had all the originals as well, and I think the most recent figures like the Mk 46, War Machine Mk 3, and War Machine Mk 1 are in another league. You already have War Machine Mk 1 diecast, so you know. The original Mk VI must be a bit of an odd man out in that display. The diecast will no doubt look better with them, so you could always display the original somewhere else or sell it if it doesn't fit in the collection anymore.

And if you want the Mk VII later, why not? You can always sell the VI diecast if you really don't want both.

That's the bottom line. It makes the most sense to just pull the trigger if you're leaning towards this (or any other figure that will be highly sought after). It's always better to buy it for retail when you can and sell it later and get your money back, than to pay aftermarket prices for it.

I really like the Tony Stark head sculpt on this. Probably on par with the 46 version.

Mine arrives today (allegedly), and I have my face pressed against the window waiting for the brown truck to turn onto my street. I live a full life.

I just made a decision everyone. I just delayed my payment for the Mark VI to late April. Just had to fit in the Hasbro Infinity Gauntlet in my schedule.

I really like the Tony Stark head sculpt on this. Probably on par with the 46 version.

More than the likeness itself, to me the main draw of the sculpt is the simple fact the Mark 6 is the only diecast figure post Mark 45 that has a helmeted sculpt. Mark 45 ushered in the new era of HT Iron Man suits in terms of quality, and most releases have the full sculpt. No complaints about that, but it's nice to have the variety.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Back