1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't surprise me. Probably have a few more chocoolate exclusive repaint Mk7s by then also.

yeah jumped in mine and picked up MK48 and 49 from Avengers 3 and 4. Very cool pieces with a fully functioning arc reactors.

I especially enjoy the 48's motorcycle transformation feature. Shame they're not keeping it for the 50

You guys didn't go far enough into the future... Mine buzzes around the room and shoots lasers at the cat. And stealth mode still freaks me out.

I would have gone further but i bought some cheap knock off plutonium. My girlfriend sleeps in the other room now because i glow so bright it keeps her awake at night :(

Because of the motorcycle transformation feature on the Mark 48, how's the articulation in the normal Iron Man mode? Thinking about getting it. It was great in the movie.

Because of the motorcycle transformation feature on the Mark 48, how's the articulation in the normal Iron Man mode? Thinking about getting it. It was great in the movie.

Not actually too bad, but the handlebars on the sides of the helmet do restrict movement a bit. Overall great figure though

up_2.jpg

I didn't pay much mind to this figure when it was announced originally, but having taken a closer look at it this week he is quite impressive. I feel like the Mark VI design has aged really well, and feels more timeless to me than many of the other suits (for example, I don't think the Mark III design holds up well; even the new diecast version looks dated & kind of awkward to me).

I owned the original battle-damaged Mark VI for a while, and to be honest it was my least favorite Hot Toys figure ever; while the number of interchangeable parts seemed great in theory, the result was a figure that would fall apart even if you so much as looked at it funny. That, coupled with the hollow, frail feeling of the pre-diecast Iron Men, and the unrealistic body proportions, made him not much fun. I jumped at the first diecast Iron Man Hot Toys offered, the Mark 42, and would never own a plastic Iron Man again. If this Mark VI is built like the 42, which it appears to be, it should shape up to be an absolutely incredible figure. And he has perhaps the best body proportions in a Hot Toys Iron Man figure to date: one could easily mistake it for a 1:4 scale figure in my opinion.

up_2.jpg

I didn't pay much mind to this figure when it was announced originally, but having taken a closer look at it this week he is quite impressive. I feel like the Mark VI design has aged really well, and feels more timeless to me than many of the other suits (for example, I don't think the Mark III design holds up well; even the new diecast version looks dated & kind of awkward to me).

I owned the original battle-damaged Mark VI for a while, and to be honest it was my least favorite Hot Toys figure ever; while the number of interchangeable parts seemed great in theory, the result was a figure that would fall apart even if you so much as looked at it funny. That, coupled with the hollow, frail feeling of the pre-diecast Iron Men, and the unrealistic body proportions, made him not much fun. I jumped at the first diecast Iron Man Hot Toys offered, the Mark 42, and would never own a plastic Iron Man again. If this Mark VI is built like the 42, which it appears to be, it should shape up to be an absolutely incredible figure. And he has perhaps the best body proportions in a Hot Toys Iron Man figure to date: one could easily mistake it for a 1:4 scale figure in my opinion.

Pretty much. :hi5:

And he has perhaps the best body proportions in a Hot Toys Iron Man figure to date: one could easily mistake it for a 1:4 scale figure in my opinion.

Yeah, those proportions and lights in the chest are also a feature not normally on 1/6 figures. Totally see what you mean

Yeah, those proportions and lights in the chest are also a feature not normally on 1/6 figures. Totally see what you mean

Yup, for me this will be the Iron Man to own... Arguably my favourite suit and if the release is as good as the teasers I would say will likely be the best figure they will have done so far.

Yup, for me this will be the Iron Man to own... Arguably my favourite suit and if the release is as good as the teasers I would say will likely be the best figure they will have done so far.
They learn from their previous creations so of course it will be the best figure...until the next one comes out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back