1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sure this has been covered before but this guy is a little too big for a detolf when standing on the base it comes with (since the stand is over an inch thick instead of a standard black stand which has a negligible thickness) . Is there a stand people have settled on as looking best? Obviously a generic black stand works but wasn't sure if there has been something more interesting looking that's also not thick. Thanks friends

Im sure this has been covered before but this guy is a little too big for a detolf when standing on the base it comes with (since the stand is over an inch thick instead of a standard black stand which has a negligible thickness) . Is there a stand people have settled on as looking best? Obviously a generic black stand works but wasn't sure if there has been something more interesting looking that's also not thick. Thanks friends

You can still use the base, just do not put it on the top platform and use one of the steps to balance him. I personally love the base and its a minor inconvenience to pose him around the steps but worth it for the diorama stand display. Can also blue tac the feet to make sure it doesn't take a tumble.

68f99fd0e99a3a979a42ad29838d5253.jpg

I got this one from Cocoboloboy who sells on this forum and I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This figure is absolutely STUNNING. But strangely, there is a drop off in how good it look under LED lights in a detolf. First figure I've ever had this issue with, usually figures look better under the LED in a detolf than natural light. It must have something to do with the diecast or the paint properties. My wife said the same thing without being prompted by me asking too. I'm trying to think of a solution.

This figure is absolutely STUNNING. But strangely, there is a drop off in how good it look under LED lights in a detolf. First figure I've ever had this issue with, usually figures look better under the LED in a detolf than natural light. It must have something to do with the diecast or the paint properties. My wife said the same thing without being prompted by me asking too. I'm trying to think of a solution.

You may have to diffuse the LED with a translucent cover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, they spread out the light and make it less harsh. I don’t know if they make any specifically for the Ikea lights but you can use something as simple as paper to get the same effect. For a little better look go to a hobby/craft store and get some vellum from the scrapbooking section. Like a buck for a sheet, just cut it to size and tape it over the light. Works great.

68f99fd0e99a3a979a42ad29838d5253.jpg

I got this one from Cocoboloboy who sells on this forum and I love it!

Is it possible for you to tell us dimensions of the base and do you think it is possible to fit 3 figures into one shelf? Probably like one in the front and two at the back or vice versa.

Is it possible for you to tell us dimensions of the base and do you think it is possible to fit 3 figures into one shelf? Probably like one in the front and two at the back or vice versa.

The width is 6” and depth is 4.25”. You can definitely fit 2. 3 would be fit but might be a bit tight but depending on the poses of the figures I’m sure it could be pulled off to look good.

Ahhh, be careful guys with posing, I was posing the legs and didn't realise how easily it scuffs and dents his butt area, you have to be realllllly observant of how far angled his legs can go as the upper thigh is quite sharp.

Ahhh, be careful guys with posing, I was posing the legs and didn't realise how easily it scuffs and dents his butt area, you have to be realllllly observant of how far angled his legs can go as the upper thigh is quite sharp.

fffiuu! thanks for the advice. Is the scratch very noticeable?

Not really, unless you're right up close looking at it, you can see there's multiple small dents where I've tried to pose the leg and not realised it's as far back as it can go and tried rotating it further - it's one of those "I know they're there" type annoyances. Just be careful though, if you're not doing a neutral stand pose and want a more legs stance apart from each other action one then just pose them from the back as opposed to posing them from the front; so you can see if you're in danger of the paint scraping or chipping away.

okay I ordered the gantry and I just an email saying it is not actually freeshipping and I have to pay USD80 extra :S do u think it's still worth it?

Really not sure. Doubt anyone else will ever do one that size but i'm still trying to decide if the Mark IV Gantry is worth the extra $300

Really not sure. Doubt anyone else will ever do one that size but i'm still trying to decide if the Mark IV Gantry is worth the extra $300

I have the first one. It's not. The overall design is terrible to display. With the figure centered you have 20 cms left, right, front and (worse) back. I really do not enjoy it.
D

okay I ordered the gantry and I just an email saying it is not actually freeshipping and I have to pay USD80 extra :S do u think it's still worth it?

I woke up to find a similar email this morning, but my shipping charge is USD90. That's over a 50% increase in cost due to their error. :( , but it's an honest mistake & they are offering a full refund, plus a 10% off coupon on a future purchase regardless. I asked if they'd consider applying the coupon to this order (@$17 savings) to partially offset the increase. I'm waiting on their response. I would think they'd agree, as I assume they realize I could just reorder it with the coupon once I receive my refund, resulting in the same outcome.

I woke up to find a similar email this morning, but my shipping charge is USD90. That's over a 50% increase in cost due to their error. :( , but it's an honest mistake & they are offering a full refund, plus a 10% off coupon on a future purchase regardless. I asked if they'd consider applying the coupon to this order (@$17 savings) to partially offset the increase. I'm waiting on their response. I would think they'd agree, as I assume they realize I could just reorder it with the coupon once I receive my refund, resulting in the same outcome.
Yup. My initial post thought this is some kind of price mistake. Too bad we can't find this for cheaper anywhere else shipped. May still keep the order unless BBTS gets it for cheaper.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Back