1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't tell if Motux is trolling ...

Don't say that word because...

Oh no... here they come....

Exterminate! Exterminate!

xPobs53.gif

I'd very much enjoy if Ultron said to The Avengers 'This isn't even my final form'.

I can't tell if Motux is trolling or not :rotfl I can't tell the difference between those last 2 images, I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks! :yess:

He's not trolling. He just can't tell them apart and thinks they're all inconsistent CG renderings - which they're not.

They've been very consistent from the first trailer to the last in differentiating the two designs:

Prime

2n0powm.jpg

Ultimate

72vu9w.jpg

There's a very clear vision of an evolving character form. Whilst across the trailers undoubtedly there is unfinished and WIP CGI work on Ultron, it's obvious there is an intention for a development from Mk1, to the more advanced Prime, to (and ending on?) an advancement of the Prime with heavier and more vicious features .

There's too much consistency across the designs for this not to be the case, and equally I doubt, a month from release (and less, at this point), that the studio would be putting out promo material that has contradictory designs of a character that is intended to have a static form across the movie.

There's a very clear vision of an evolving character form. Whilst across the trailers undoubtedly there is unfinished and WIP CGI work on Ultron, it's obvious there is an intention for a development from Mk1, to the more advanced Prime, to (and ending on?) an advancement of the Prime with heavier and more vicious features .

There's too much consistency across the designs for this not to be the case, and equally I doubt, a month from release (and less, at this point), that the studio would be putting out promo material that has contradictory designs of a character that is intended to have a static form across the movie.

Well said.

We're not even supposed to have seen Ultimate IMO, but trailers demand money shots hence the images above. Ultimate hasn't received a poster, magazine cover or anything promo related. Prime is what the studio wanted to pump to save Ultimate for the film, but oh well.

I prefer Prime, but would instantly PO Ultimate from SSC to complete the transformation from Mark I to Prime to Ultimate.

Not sure I would buy the Sentry though.

I think they've tried to focus away from him. Not so much keeping him a secret as downplaying the development. It's fairly clear his advancement is part of the wider plot and they've been keen to keep the whole plot at very high level in trailers (Stark creates an evil AI in trying to do good, it threatens the world, the Avengers save the day), to focus on 'Ultimate' Ultron sheds a little too much light on the finer elements of the plot.

I also think he is the final 'Hurrah!' of the movie and it's nice to keep that somewhat mysterious, and also he's likely to be a very small part of the overall film. There's no need to focus on him. But giving teasers gets people talking. This conversation doesn't happen if those 2 scenes of a few seconds don't appear in the trailers.

As for the Hot Toys rendition... I love the look of Prime. He's grown on me a lot. But I don't like Hot Toys take. It looks cheap, and life less without his lights. I'm very keen to see their take on Ultimate. He has a slightly more cold and robotic look than Prime, and I hope Hot Toys capture that, as I'd love to add him to my collection. Which is saying something really, I actually don't like the character from the comics very much.

Dunno if this theory has been brought up here............But does anyone think in the final fight, maybe in his last moments, Ultron will be battle damaged to the point that what's under his vibranium shell is mangled, leading to the red glow in his body radiating through his still in-tact Vibranium casing (see manip below)

1428095799367.jpg

At first I thought this was just wishful fan-thinking, but it makes a lot of sense when you look at Ult. Ultron's lego toy

16372644669_6ace5661f3_b.jpg

He's not trolling. He just can't tell them apart and thinks they're all inconsistent CG renderings - which they're not.

They've been very consistent from the first trailer to the last in differentiating the two designs:

Prime

2n0powm.jpg

Ultimate

72vu9w.jpg

Again you claim I cant tell them apart. Lol not the case. I can tell which ones you think are each. But that is speculation. That's my point. You are guessing based on other speculation and Legos.

The two versions you labeled ultimate are not the same in every aspect. The four versions you labled prime are not identical. Your assumption that one is prime and one is ultimate becuase of subtle facial variations is a flawed premise. Because the things you listed in the very first post I responded to as ways to tell them apart (the four items) are different in every single one of those photos. None of them are uniform.

I continue to point out flaws and holes in your argument and your response is "there's two" and it's obvious. How about actually addressing the questions I posed? How do you explain the differences between the two images you posted labeled ultimate? How about the images labled prime, why are the faces just a varied there? M
As I've said...yes one of those could be prime and one ultimate. But they also could not be. The facial differences could just be unfinished/unrefined work and when the movie drops the only difference between prime and ultimate could be color of the metal. No one knows.

Not the same.

20thv7s.jpg

From what I see:

-The bridge for where the nose would be is smaller
-Cheekbones are very pronounced
-Eyebrows are stronger
-Eyes seem smaller

This is what you said where the differences between ultimate and prime. Now take the two versions (as you labeled them, one prime one ultimate) and apply those differences and criticism to each of the other photos in the groups you posted for prime and ultimate. And explaine to me how those things are not different on every one. Just the two ultimate ultron a you posted, those two are more dissimilar then the two photos you poted comparing prime to ultimate. Does that mean, following your logic, that one is a different character/name version of ultron? Or is it that what I said is possible...that the differences you used to seperate and classify/categorize the photos can be explained by the things I pointed out (cgi/prac/unfinished work/or even a design change)

Again-your photos. Highlighting differences. I'm top of the eyes...the chin is completly different. On is mostly flat. The other has two channels and ridges.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, those are both Ultimate Ultron.

That's Prime.

Both the Prime and Ultimate looks have been consistent throughout the trailers. Nothing's been improved upon in the last 6 months. Its all been the same since we first saw Prime in trailer I and Ultimate in trailer III.

Right...so if NOTHING has changed as you stated...please explain the differences I Highlighted. If nothing has changed and they are the exact same character/version/upgrade how can they be different? View attachment 178339
View attachment 178340View attachment 178341

The two versions you labeled ultimate are not the same in every aspect. The four versions you labled prime are not identical.

The two pics of Ultimate are the same. The four of Prime are also the same.

Again, man, you can't see it but its right there for you to see.

Your assumption that one is prime and one is ultimate becuase of subtle facial variations is a flawed premise. Because the things you listed in the very first post I responded to as ways to tell them apart (the four items) are different in every single one of those photos. None of them are uniform.

Its not based on subtle facial variations. Its based on the fact that they are not the same. The two Ultimate shots are uniform. The four Prime shots, plus the posters, magazine covers and promo pics are uniform.

Someone else here put it best: Prime is like a man without skin with every muscle and tendon exposed. Ultimate is filled out with its version of "flesh" giving Ultron a very different appearance facially and physically.

The two pics of Ultimate are the same. The four of Prime are also the same.

Again, man, you can't see it but its right there for you to see.

Its not based on subtle facial variations. Its based on the fact that they are not the same. The two Ultimate shots are uniform. The four Prime shots, plus the posters, magazine covers and promo pics are uniform.

Someone else here put it best: Prime is like a man without skin with every muscle and tendon exposed. Ultimate is filled out with its version of "flesh" giving Ultron a very different appearance facially and physically.

Oh so what you said is not correct then? You said the differences where cheek bones and eyes and eyebrows. So now you are saying that's not the case.

If they are consistent then please explain the parts of the photos I highlighted/circled.

And as I've said...it's not that I do not see what you are pointing out. I just don't think you are 100% correct. You say the ultimate all the same. The prime all the same. I've pointed out several notable differences. More pronounced then anything you quoted as differences to tell the two versions apart. You have yet to explain the issues I bring up. You just keep repeating the same thing.

Yes because announcing you're the one who is right after a lengthy argument always sorts it out :rotfl

Lol I just can't continue illustrating the obvious. I literally capped every frame of both versions from trailers to get him to see the two versions. He still believes there are more than two. Its not a big deal. Movie is out in 3 weeks (!!!)

Back