1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think i would like to pose him like this, is it possible?

ThanosThroneJPG.jpg

Quick question: I initially ordered this guy earlier today but I changed my mind and cancelled the order I had placed. But I later changed my mind once more and made a second order for Thanos. Am I going to be charged the NRD for the first order or will it not be charged as I cancelled the order before it went through?

Wow. You have issues. Are you on medication?

Quick question: I initially ordered this guy earlier today but I changed my mind and cancelled the order I had placed. But I later changed my mind once more and made a second order for Thanos. Am I going to be charged the NRD for the first order or will it not be charged as I cancelled the order before it went through?

This post makes me appreciate that your signature is "sanity is overrated". I'm guessing that this one is going to be a long, anxiety filled wait for you.

The one that may never be made? Sure.

Given that half the stones are not in Thanos hands, and for forty years in comics he has had it for like two months (as in two months worth of comics releases, out of 40 years)...chances are he will have it on screen for like five minutes. Tops. So I would not be surprised if this thanos doesn't sell well they won't make another and give the gauntlet to one of the other characters in the film. Given how many characters will be in that movie I can't see them wasting time and money on another thanos if this doesn't sell really well.

If the trade rumors and talk ive been hearing is true we could have both spiderman and the mutants in infinity war. And maybe FF. Don't has been talking for years with marvel. Fox has actually started to soften recently because they want something. They want a TV universe like dc and marvel are both doing. A show based on mutants. And given that fox only has movie rights to the xmen and FF they are reaching out and asking what they need to concede to get it. And I'm hearing it's camo and maybe some creative control. So if either sonys or foxs characters can tie in, on top of all the other marvel stuff...including I would think both the TV characters, GOTG, Avengers, Sony, marvel, and people that have yet to debut like black panther and ant-man...that's a boat load of characters for a two part movie.

Given the comments about thanos now, and it's higher PP, with loads of figures coming soon including HB...if this guy doesn't sell very well I can't imagine a second one being a hot toys priority.

Everything else you said would be cool to see if executed well, but I'm not sure I agree on this being the last Thanos. He will be a huge character in the future movies and will actually deserve a figure, as opposed to this one that is based on about a minute of screen time

Sure. But you have to give me $415 first. Plus a $100 "convenience" fee. :lol

Like everybody else, I'm not a fan of HT's price increases. But you know what? The day anything goes up for PO, there's a mixture of shock and outrage. Then, a month or two go by and most people come around and accept it.

And so goes the vicious cycle. Chan's game is so tight :lol:lol

Guaranteed if the POs don't satisfy their quota which by the looks of it, it won't, HotToys will go back to the drawing board and add an EX HeadSculpt for sure...I think the main reason they do these 1 year wait POs to test us out, if no one is biting I'm sure they'll give more...it would only makes sense to do so

Guaranteed if the POs don't satisfy their quota which by the looks of it, it won't, HotToys will go back to the drawing board and add an EX HeadSculpt for sure...I think the main reason they do these 1 year wait POs to test us out, if no one is biting I'm sure they'll give more...it would only makes sense to do so

really? did this happen before on any HT figure? to give more accessories if PO lower than a threshold number!

really? did this happen before on any HT figure? to give more accessories if PO lower than a threshold number!

In recent memory they added a bunch of accessories to the Rocket/Groot two pack after it had been up for order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In recent memory they added a bunch of accessories to the Rocket/Groot two pack after it had been up for order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought all they added was the second baby Groot figure to the SSC exclusive?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember when they went back and added that. Have they added anything else to an existing PO? A second smiling sculpt is what this figure needs, and would probably quiet a lot of complaints.

Yup. We can consider this figure's height a clue to how tall Thanos is in the movies -- and that would be 7'6". Fair enough I guess, as the movies also made Hulk bigger by almost foot.

Yeah maybe Hot Toys asked Marvel how tall he was.... and then made the figure with the wrong height :rotfl

Back