Action Figure 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS248 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Python (Mark XX) - (Specs + Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Toys fairs exclusive Iron man...

I really hope it's Python, just because I love the black and gold combination. Since Heartbreaker is delayed, it's making me think Blue Steel is going to be the exclusive.

I think there is a chance they will release mark 3 die cast for this year exclusive

Nah it won't be a Mark III. Exclusives basically have to be repaints as far as armors are concerned, that way there is minimal cost on their end to produce the figure. They are so limited in number that any armor that requires significant new design and fabrication would lose money. If its already designed and the molds exist, they can just produce more parts and paint them up. Plus diecasts are waaay more expensive to make on Hot Toys end, at least the design part. Everything would be made from scratch because there are no carryover parts from the current diecast line (War Machine 2, Mark 42). They need to get as many sales as possible out of a diecast release to reduce the upfront costs that went into designing them. If we see a diecast Mark III :)pray:) it would be a full release. Same with Shotgun or Nightclub.

Epic choice in gif yankee haha. Ok so just a recap from you veterans if you'd be so kind; The exclusives will be announced in the next month until (cutoff point for summer exclusives?), then the actual event at SDCC you can physically receive them then. Everyone else will have to wait for the preorder announcement. Is this all accurate? I recieved Midas and I saw it posted in December, do all the exclusives have such a late date of preorder? Thanks for your answers

Epic choice in gif yankee haha. Ok so just a recap from you veterans if you'd be so kind; The exclusives will be announced in the next month until (cutoff point for summer exclusives?), then the actual event at SDCC you can physically receive them then. Everyone else will have to wait for the preorder announcement. Is this all accurate? I recieved Midas and I saw it posted in December, do all the exclusives have such a late date of preorder? Thanks for your answers

Well for Midas's case, they waited till all the asian toy fairs and expos to release their issues of Midas and that took then so long, and then SSC got their chance.

Toy Fair image/Centurion style helmet (Mk 9, Python, Blue Steel, Piston)
lBb7ja7.gif

Another repaint of Mk VII??????????????????????????????:slap

Another repaint of Mk VII??????????????????????????????:slap

Not at all, Python has a different helmet (Silver Centurion) and different legs (Heartbreaker).

Malibu Stacey, now with new hat.

Maybe the factory finished the Heartbreaker legs first :rotfl

Final product should look pretty close to the photoshop, except the dark parts being darker. Wonder what accessories they might throw in?

Midas didn't have any accessories so I don't see this one coming out with any. Is this going to cost $300?

I'm looking at this purely financially for HT, Blue steel would be the easiest to offer as the exclusive. HT had the mark vii mold and probably several extra units available to do Midas last year. Since it is just a change in paint and box, that to me would be the easiest cash grab since they just made silver centurion.

I can see python in the comparisons as well, but just have a feeling they went easy and doing a full reprint for ease of distribution.

We will see in a few weeks.

I was hoping to see The Lone Ranger myself. I'm an Iron Man fan too but something different would have been nice.

Back