1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXI (Gold Chrome Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3: MIDAS Mark 21 (Electroplated Ver) Collectible Fi

I will say this, my 1983 Destro figure still looks pretty good. So, all HT needs to do is hire on whoever was working at Hasbro's factories back then, and they're golden (pardon the pun).

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3: MIDAS Mark 21 (Electroplated Ver) Collectible Fi

Electroplating will only flake when it is done poorly or on the cheap. Hopefully they'll up the QC on this one.

Is this diecast? Diecast isn't that great for flight poses.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3: MIDAS Mark 21 (Electroplated Ver) Collectible Figure

If these are limited editions for Shanghai Disneyland, they'll be snapped up real quick by collectors and scalpers alike. In the end they'll probably be in the market for inflated prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy these are being re-released. It just means that my wallet's going to get thicker and I can spend money on other figures lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless of everything, not enough time has passed for any real evaluation of value on these collectibles. Check back in 10 years when an RDJ Iron Man figure hasn't been made for 5 years and we'll see then. But, as always, who cares. I'm not buying 1/6 scale as investments, and anyone who is needs a quick lesson in financial planning.

For me newer figures offer an opportunity for Hot Toys to make improvements over previous iterations, and I for one am very okay with that.

I have to say as an 80s child it would have made me really sad to know I had a friend was buying the expensive Transformers figures, to not unbox them. But that is the society we have created now, with Ebay and Auction Hunter type reality TV programmes. If we could all hop in the Legends of Tomorrow spaceship that would be what we would all be doing... Going back in time to buy mint Optimus Prime figures etc, and storing them in a vault, rather than enjoying them..

Gawd. For some reason I had a feeling that 4/5 of this thread was going to be talking about Midas 1.0 value. I'm in here just for information about THIS release, so please, let's just talk about an electroplated gold Iron Man!

Even if the electroplating is done to a high standard (more Stan Winston Studios prop and less 90's Toy Biz figure), it's going to be a pain in the backside to handle a figure like this without archival or surgical gloves. Also I really wish they'd retool the damn arms on the Mk VII mould, those skinny, unnatural-looking rubber elbows have always put me off every iteration of the design in the end.

Not sure i'd say greedy. If you missed these before this is fantastic news. The demand outweighed supply by a ton. It's just another opportunity to meet market demands.

Thing is, the v1 was marketed as a limited toy fair release.

And it was. It may be the same armor, but this is a different figure.

I am so glad this is re-releasing. Plan on picking them both up!

Even if the electroplating is done to a high standard (more Stan Winston Studios prop and less 90's Toy Biz figure), it's going to be a pain in the backside to handle a figure like this without archival or surgical gloves. Also I really wish they'd retool the damn arms on the Mk VII mould, those skinny, unnatural-looking rubber elbows have always put me off every iteration of the design in the end.

For sure, gloves are a must on this one. The only fix I really want from HT on the mk VII mould is a better magnet on the faceplate. Like if it didn't fall off from me blowing on it, that would be tight.

Whut a revultin' development!!

They should've done this he first time around :slap

This version will be more movie-accurate, yes? If I had my druthers, I'd much rather have the first version. :lol

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3: MIDAS Mark 21 (Electroplated Ver) Collectibl...

Just release the pieces as add-ons :lol

This version will be more movie-accurate, yes? If I had my druthers, I'd much rather have the first version. :lol
The term 'movie accurate' made me chuckle because this armor was in the movie for all of .5 seconds ha

Just wish they would give us more information. Like if it will be a world wide release?

The term 'movie accurate' made me chuckle because this armor was in the movie for all of .5 seconds ha

It was in my collection for just about that long, so it's fairly accurate in that sense. :lol

But if they fix the eyes and the elbows, I may break down and pick this figure up again.

Back